The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
19seventyone

Glen Kamara

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, 19seventyone said:

BBC sport has the ugly sisters and Swansea chasing Glen. 

And so it begins....

You’re right. It really boils my p**s. ?

Wish we could get another contract out of him then get another year here then sell him to a English club rather than any of the bigot brothers

• Like 1

If he won't sign an extension he needs to go this summer for whatever we can get unfortunately.

If he's made it clear he won't renew then the speculation is probably a good thing.

14 minutes ago, Deeboy08 said:

Wish we could get another contract out of him then get another year here then sell him to a English club rather than any of the bigot brothers

That would be ideal but that's because he's 'come good'. We've had people on here suggesting that Randy Wolters should be huckled out the door, its a gamble. If he was keen to extend then brilliant, even if it was just as a wee thank you to the club but it would depend on how greedy he was too. You can't really blame him for wanting to move to a bigger (and higher paying) club though.

9 minutes ago, Cobra said:

If he won't sign an extension he needs to go this summer for whatever we can get unfortunately.

If he's made it clear he won't renew then the speculation is probably a good thing.

Sorry Cobra, but your post is made of speculation. There has been no word about him not wanting to sign another contract with us or that he wants away.

If the ugly sisters and Swansea are after him, then who ever pays the highest gets him and we should be looking to ramp up the price with a bidding war. Hopefully he will be down south because I couldn't bear to see another one of our players end up with those shitbag Glasgow clubs.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Sorry Cobra, but your post is made of speculation. There has been no word about him not wanting to sign another contract with us or that he wants away.

If the ugly sisters and Swansea are after him, then who ever pays the highest gets him and we should be looking to ramp up the price with a bidding war. Hopefully he will be down south because I couldn't bear to see another one of our players end up with those shitbag Glasgow clubs.

It's possible that he'll sign a new contract with Dundee but with only 14 months remaining on his current deal it's more likely that he won't.

After impressing against Celtic I can imagine his agent will be in his ear talking about big wages.

11 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It's possible that he'll sign a new contract with Dundee but with only 14 months remaining on his current deal it's more likely that he won't.

After impressing against Celtic I can imagine his agent will be in his ear talking about big wages.

Agents are all short termists and don't give a sh#t whether a player gets the right move to improve their playing careers it's all about how quickly they can fill their own pockets and if their client languishes at a bigger club then tough they just move on to the next promising youngster on their books.... Hopefully Kamara sees the bigger picture and decides that another year with us could see him being touted by much better clubs down south 

• Like 1

The good thing is that his agents have done a lot of business with us in the past season so even if he goes the club will get a decent deal out of it. If he goes would anybody be surprised, let's face it he can play at such a higher level and I think we were very lucky to get him signed up in the first place 

Sadly, there is little doubt in my mind, Glen Kamara will go in the Summer... Maybe all we can hope for is to get the best price available (Down South) if we can generate a bidding contest. And sadly & gut wrenching again, no doubt, it seems, more will follow in the months & seasons ahead.

However, would it not be wonderful, that were we to retain our place in the Premiership this season, John Nelms made a statement along the lines of ... "It is now our intention, in the New Season & those seasons that follow, not only to reassert our place in the Premiership, but to regularly aim for (& achieve) a Top Six place We realise to do so, we must develop, & seriously try to ,our top players."

"All of you, like ourselves, are aware this is not always possible, but we are stating this with real intent."

"Be assured we continue to invest. And I know you as fans & supporters will help us do so. Thank you."

DUNDEE FC the CITY PREMIERSHIP CLUB:chaplin:

• Like 1

Got the rumours section sorted last night precisely so folk never started threads here. That worked! :lol: 

Anyway, the guy is phenomenal at our level but I suspect a move to a bigger club will see a few of his weaknesses exposed and focused on. Truly hope he can make a great living out the game it's been refreshing to see such a talented youngster come into the side, make himself near indispensable and yet keep his pus shut in papers/social media. A dying breed. 

Tulta Munille!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Got the rumours section sorted last night precisely so folk never started threads here. That worked! :lol: 

Anyway, the guy is phenomenal at our level but I suspect a move to a bigger club will see a few of his weaknesses exposed and focused on. Truly hope he can make a great living out the game it's been refreshing to see such a talented youngster come into the side, make himself near indispensable and yet keep his pus shut in papers/social media. A dying breed. 

Tulta Munille!

Countless players have come from big Premier League sides up to Scotland and then completely lose it when they realise their life has went from training with Alexis Sanchez in a high tech laboratory to having to evade Ross Draper slide tackles every two minutes while McGowan screams in their ear.

I absolutely love how the guy has handled himself since coming up here and just got on with things. I suspect he'll do fine wherever he goes tbh, his main weakness to me is that he is maybe too cultured at times and maybe doesn't take the opportunity to play a final ball in fear of losing possession but the good news is that I think that sort of thing can be easily worked on.

• Like 4

If this is true hope he goes down south. Rangers would probably offer 500k paid over 10 years and Celtic have took enough from us this year. Swansea won't be trying to rip us off like the OF and if we asked them for another 500k or so on top of their offer of £1m it proabaly wouldn't be a problem for them 

Think our 2 biggest names in Caulker and Kamara will be off in the summer , we should get good money so up to manager to use it best as we possibly can.

55 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Tulta Munille!

This is the whole point, or should be the whole point of good players signing up to play for us. his obvious weaknesses should be worked on by our coaching staff and he should get them fixed by us. we give him a platform, we improve his all round game then we definitely should get some decent money from him. i worry that the coaching isn't that great when you see the constant weaknesses in players thinking and technical skills. If it's too late to fix them what's the point in hiring them?

Edited by BCram
spelling mistake.