Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Glen Kamara

19seventyone

5 minutes ago, blueboy said:

We just have to keep the supply line of signings going. And now we have youngsters who look good enough to step in too.

But we'll do well to ever have a settled, successful team in this day and age. A decent player will be on the move after a good season or so. Still, the cash will pour in with any luck! Best we can hope for. What Marr was on about all those years ago.

The players who stay with us will be of a certain standard, and so it is repeated up and down the football chain. It annoys me when a Hibs, say, manage to punch above their weight. About time McGinn moved on!

Agree about Hibs. Wonder how much of that loyalty is down to Lennon? Is he making the difference, like Clarke did for Killie?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, BCram said:

Agree loss of Hemmings and Stewart was more of a blow to the team. I think in this case what's best for the player is aligned with what's best for our club, as far as Caulker is concerned. He is runoured to have a significant percentage of the fee coming his way so why would he settle for a percentage of £1.5m and a move to a championship side down south. If he plays well next year in a settled Dee side with a manager who has learnt a lot he should be worth a lot more, and it's the percentage of the deal that's the diver for him, I imagine rather than the prospect of earning £5k a week in the championship. Average wages in the EPL are £50k a week so I'm hoping that he is thinking that this time at Dundee can help sort out his life and sort out a move back into the EPL. Kamara isn't the complete player yet. He might benefit from some coaching to sort out his shot shy approach, and he should be working on a better move too, IMO.

I follow your logic but if his agent says he can repeat the process at a Championship club and double what he's on now then he might fancy that with another fat slice of a potential transfer fee. Just speculating, he said he had better financial offers than Dundee so maybe as long as he's happy he'll stay. The flip side is he might get bored or think he's ready to move back down south and nearer home..... 

It might well be fluid although I'm glad we knocked back the Scandinavian offer though it shows we're serious. 

20 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I follow your logic but if his agent says he can repeat the process at a Championship club and double what he's on now then he might fancy that with another fat slice of a potential transfer fee. Just speculating, he said he had better financial offers than Dundee so maybe as long as he's happy he'll stay. The flip side is he might get bored or think he's ready to move back down south and nearer home..... 

It might well be fluid although I'm glad we knocked back the Scandinavian offer though it shows we're serious. 

Yep, that's the way I see it. Just have to hope that his self interest is working for us. In fact that's the whole crux of football now, it seems. Playing for the jersey and local hero status seems to be a thing of the past. Most we can do is show support for a player - like we did when Gowser went through a difficult spell. Beginning to think that constructive criticism might not be a help and affirmative thoughts might be the way forward for us, which is why i'm asking about positive coaching efforts being made to help players to improve.

1 hour ago, blueboy said:

We just have to keep the supply line of signings going. And now we have youngsters who look good enough to step in too.

But we'll do well to ever have a settled, successful team in this day and age. A decent player will be on the move after a good season or so. Still, the cash will pour in with any luck! Best we can hope for. What Marr was on about all those years ago.

The players who stay with us will be of a certain standard, and so it is repeated up and down the football chain. It annoys me when a Hibs, say, manage to punch above their weight. About time McGinn moved on!

They are not punching above their weight. Bigger crowds than Dons so probs in their correct place in Scottish football.

I suspect at this stage this is just agents trying to drum up interest. But if a club does come in with an offer of over £1.5m with add ons then we'd be daft not to accept that. Ideally a few clubs will come in which would drive the price up.

If Kamara can go on to have a big money move after a successful spell with us then it is great way to sell the club to other players. Much like Hendry getting a move to Celtic after 6 months, this would make us much more attractive to potential signings.

The worry of course is that we can't replace Kamara and it affects our performances. We'll be lucky to sign another player with as much ability as Kamara but I think we can easily sign another central midfielder who can be just as, if not more, effective at this level. He's looked really good against the better teams in the league. Against the bottom teams, where you have to have some dig in midfield, I don't think he's been that influential in certain games. Probably goes along way to explaining why we've struggled against those around us.

1 hour ago, Edin_Dee said:

I suspect at this stage this is just agents trying to drum up interest. But if a club does come in with an offer of over £1.5m with add ons then we'd be daft not to accept that. Ideally a few clubs will come in which would drive the price up.

If Kamara can go on to have a big money move after a successful spell with us then it is great way to sell the club to other players. Much like Hendry getting a move to Celtic after 6 months, this would make us much more attractive to potential signings.

The worry of course is that we can't replace Kamara and it affects our performances. We'll be lucky to sign another player with as much ability as Kamara but I think we can easily sign another central midfielder who can be just as, if not more, effective at this level. He's looked really good against the better teams in the league. Against the bottom teams, where you have to have some dig in midfield, I don't think he's been that influential in certain games. Probably goes along way to explaining why we've struggled against those around us.

The worry is that you hit a patch where there is nobody of a suitable standard to step up, or you get the situation where we seem to get the timing completely wrong and appear to hold out for a better price only to find out that there hasn't been a better offer waiting in the wings and we end up with last day sales and not much chance to sign replacements. It cost us a bad Jan & Feb this year and it is arguable that we still have not recovered from the loss of Hemmings & Stewart.

Totally agree that helping players to build their career is a great way to boost the club's standing. Hopeful that we can improve players and that this becomes part of the ethos of DFC.

We are in a similar position to United were a few seasons ago where we are attracting bids for our better players and bringing youth players through to the first team. For years we moaned about them getting money for Robertson, Armstrong, GMS and whoever else they had while we were getting peanuts for our best players, how the tables have turned

It looks like we are working a more managable Marr's style plan where we are bringing in a few quality players, developing them/showcasing them then selling them on for a profit to cover our yearly loss and hopefully fund the costs of the next signing

1 hour ago, Harold Finch said:

We are in a similar position to United were a few seasons ago where we are attracting bids for our better players and bringing youth players through to the first team. For years we moaned about them getting money for Robertson, Armstrong, GMS and whoever else they had while we were getting peanuts for our best players, how the tables have turned

It looks like we are working a more managable Marr's style plan where we are bringing in a few quality players, developing them/showcasing them then selling them on for a profit to cover our yearly loss and hopefully fund the costs of the next signing

The power is all with the players and their agents unfortunately, I'm all for guys being ambitious and wanting to move on but the way the system generally works is a bigger club wants a player then they'll get them. We've benefited from it in the past ourselves so I'm not claiming any moral high ground, its a bit sh*t for all fans if players just see clubs as stepping stones to bigger clubs and bigger wages, not that you can blame them. Pandora's box has opened (fnarr fnarr) and we're at where we're at, not just financially but with the accepted level of cheating/'sportsmanship'. Whether its through putting a bum on a seat in the ground or your sofa, we all pay for the 'product'. 

Just now, chomp my root said:

The power is all with the players and their agents unfortunately, I'm all for guys being ambitious and wanting to move on but the way the system generally works is a bigger club wants a player then they'll get them. We've benefited from it in the past ourselves so I'm not claiming any moral high ground, its a bit sh*t for all fans if players just see clubs as stepping stones to bigger clubs and bigger wages, not that you can blame them. Pandora's box has opened (fnarr fnarr) and we're at where we're at, not just financially but with the accepted level of cheating/'sportsmanship'. Whether its through putting a bum on a seat in the ground or your sofa, we all pay for the 'product'. 

The Marrs got it wrong because they thought they could finance the club on the back of transfer fees, so as long as the Yanks are viewing transfer fees as a supplemental income over and above everything else then fine. In all reality when we are at the bottom of the financial food chain then we are always going to lose players. If we get decent fees for them, then at least it softens the blow somewhat. 

On a personal level I hope that we don't find ourselves in the "Hendry position" (oo-er) too often of selling players last minute (there won't always be a Caulker coming in to save the day), or "doing a United" and selling all the family silver in one go with only plastic cutlery to replace it with. 

12 hours ago, Rosco said:

Why has our value for the best players in our team touting at between 1 - 1.5m.

any team thinking about prizing our best player at the age he is, probably getting our player and young player of the year, we should be looking at 2m+ with a sell on clause. 

The only worry is that he has a year left, but other than that he ‘seems’ happy at the club. He’s putting in great performances and keeps showing the right desire to play despite the hustle and bustle of Scottish football. 

Sems to be the figure always plucked out of the air for a club our size. Lazy journalism as usual.

Adblock Detected