Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Scottish Based Targets?

Wattie Rojas

9 hours ago, Cobra said:

Not sure if Charlie Adam would be a great signing. I believe his form has dipped alarmingly at Stoke in the last couple of years and they regret giving him a long extension.

"His form has dipped alarmingly the last couple of years and they regret giving him a long extension."

He signed a one year extension, a little over 6 months ago. 

3 hours ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

What’s to say Adam would even be interested? Would he uproot his family or live away from them for the sake of playing for Dundee. I’m not so sure 

Charlie would like to play for Dundee, whether family life would allow it, im not certain. 

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
12 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

"His form has dipped alarmingly the last couple of years and they regret giving him a long extension."

He signed a one year extension, a little over 6 months ago. 

Charlie would like to play for Dundee, whether family life would allow it, im not certain. 

A Stoke fan was frothing at the mouth over how bad Adam has been. When I said he can't be that bad if he got an extension the response was that the board is a bit of a joke these days.

It does seem as though a section of their support has turned on him but as we know with Dundee that sometimes happens to even good players.

• Like 2

Charlie Adam has always been a Dee at heart (his old man set him on the right path) and for him to go to his grave and never to have played for his first love would be a huge regret to him... His pockets will have been well lined over the years from his stint in England and I have a feeling if asked would jump at the chance of having another couple of years of top flight football with Dundee... My fingers are crossed ?

30 minutes ago, Cobra said:

A Stoke fan was frothing at the mouth over how bad Adam has been. When I said he can't be that bad if he got an extension the response was that the board is a bit of a joke these days.

Was this fan called Steve or Pat, by any chance?

I was down Stoke twice last season. When they found out I was Scottish, I was their best mate. 

When they found out I was at school with Charlie, well, I can't remember as I got that much drink bought for me.

I'd read they were up in arms after his sending off this season, a sending off he apologised for. 

To claim his form has dipped 'alarmingly', that they regret giving him an extension is stretching it a bit, I'd say. I completely understand the fan frothing at the mouth though, they're a very backward bunch. 

18 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I was down Stoke twice last season. When they found out I was Scottish, I was their best mate. 

When they found out I was at school with Charlie, well, I can't remember as I got that much drink bought for me.

I'd read they were up in arms after his sending off this season, a sending off he apologised for. 

To claim his form has dipped 'alarmingly', that they regret giving him an extension is stretching it a bit, I'd say. I completely understand the fan frothing at the mouth though, they're a very backward bunch. 

So was he your fag or were you his ???

• Funny 1

7 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

His name is Sam. This is what he posted...

Absolute liability. F* off Adam and f* off Lambert for starting him.
Missed the penalty to cost us the win against Brighton, cost us the goal against Newcastle, cost us the game here.
Why the f**k would you still give him games?
The club constantly make awful decisions. We're not getting relegated because we're well managed.
He last played well 3 years ago. He's a joke.

I don't really watch Stoke games so I have no idea if he has a point or is just an angry fan who's got an irrational hatred for one player.

Wouldn't be surprised if anger over this costly miss plus an early red card v Everton have made Adam a scapegoat for their slide towards relegation.

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

His name is Sam. This is what he posted...

Absolute liability. F* off Adam and f* off Lambert for starting him.
Missed the penalty to cost us the win against Brighton, cost us the goal against Newcastle, cost us the game here.
Why the f**k would you still give him games?
The club constantly make awful decisions. We're not getting relegated because we're well managed.
He last played well 3 years ago. He's a joke.

I don't really watch Stoke games so I have no idea if he has a point or is just an angry fan who's got an irrational hatred for one player.

Wouldn't be surprised if anger over this costly miss plus an early red card v Everton have made Adam a scapegoat for their slide towards relegation.

I'm sure he's right (intellectually as opposed to politically), I've found football fans are very measured in their responses on football forums and like to weigh things up before posting. 

tumblr_p6f9bfdZpF1shob51o1_500.gif

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

17 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I'm sure he's right (intellectually as opposed to politically), I've found football fans are very measured in their responses on football forums and like to weigh things up before posting. 

Found a fairly recent thread about Charlie and there are varied comments. The consensus seems to be that he has been a top player for Stoke but appears to be past it and has lost his discipline a bit recently.

- A bit of perspective. Charlie has been a good player for us for the majority of his time here, but his time has clearly passed and the penalty rebound / red v Everton have gone a long way to sealing our fate. It’s very sad, and I am angry about it, but it’s water under the bridge now.

- The bloke has gone way off the boil this season.

- There are two massive nails that Charlie has put into our coffin, it's going to take a while before those wounds heal. By which time, he'll probably be back in Scotland for the remainder of his career.

- He has been a great servant for the club but is now passed it. 

- He used to be good and now he's a doddering old duffer.

- Some of his 'work' on the pitch over the past few appearances has been nothing to do with being slow, or immobile, it's stupidity and recklessness and looks like he's on a one man mission to throw every game he plays.

- His penalty miss and red card are a reason we are in deep sh*t but there’s a whole host of mitigating reasons and decisions that have lead to us staring the championship in the face. And a whole lot of those decisions have been made than those higher up the food chain than Charlie Adam.

- One look at the Leicester game shows you everything. That's not lack of fitness or 'being a bit too passionate'. It's outright stupidity and horrifically thick football. The penalty miss i can stand, that happens to everyone, the rest is a f**cking joke and he should never play for us again.

- He’s done alright our Charlie, over the last six years or so.

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Another crusade Cobra ? 

You might be right. Or he might be another Kris Boyd, get the right motivation and find his mojo.

One thing I do know is I won't be basing my opinion on a player based on a fans forum, especially when their team is in the doldrums.

Hardly a crusade. Weighorst questioned my suggestion that Stoke fans are unhappy with the player so I had a quick look on their forum.

I'm not suggesting anyone use the opinion of other fans to judge a player.

8 hours ago, Cobra said:

Found a fairly recent thread about Charlie and there are varied comments. The consensus seems to be that he has been a top player for Stoke but appears to be past it and has lost his discipline a bit recently.

- A bit of perspective. Charlie has been a good player for us for the majority of his time here, but his time has clearly passed and the penalty rebound / red v Everton have gone a long way to sealing our fate. It’s very sad, and I am angry about it, but it’s water under the bridge now.

- The bloke has gone way off the boil this season.

- There are two massive nails that Charlie has put into our coffin, it's going to take a while before those wounds heal. By which time, he'll probably be back in Scotland for the remainder of his career.

- He has been a great servant for the club but is now passed it. 

- He used to be good and now he's a doddering old duffer.

- Some of his 'work' on the pitch over the past few appearances has been nothing to do with being slow, or immobile, it's stupidity and recklessness and looks like he's on a one man mission to throw every game he plays.

- His penalty miss and red card are a reason we are in deep sh*t but there’s a whole host of mitigating reasons and decisions that have lead to us staring the championship in the face. And a whole lot of those decisions have been made than those higher up the food chain than Charlie Adam.

- One look at the Leicester game shows you everything. That's not lack of fitness or 'being a bit too passionate'. It's outright stupidity and horrifically thick football. The penalty miss i can stand, that happens to everyone, the rest is a f**cking joke and he should never play for us again.

- He’s done alright our Charlie, over the last six years or so.

I was with that guy, initially, very measured and thoughtful post, then half way through, he suddenly turned into this rabid reactionary poster we often find on football forums.

I,m with chomp though, If he did end up at dens it could go either way, we have seen it before.

Adblock Detected