Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Officials Pick On Poor Accies,

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
8 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

To be fair, we (by that I mean every other team in Scotland) moan about an OF bias so while I don't exactly agree with him I can see where he's coming from.

I could understand if Canning was complaining about the state of the artificial pitch at New Douglas Park which in my opinion is a disaster of an artificial pitch.

I watched the Alloa v Ayr United game last Sunday on BBC Alba and the artificial pitch looked like a grass pitch at the start of the season.

The Darren Lyon red card against Celtic should not have been a red. Celtic were given a penalty against us in the Cup when Sinclair ran into Hendry and then dived. When Celtic's unbeaten run was about to end at Motherwell Collum gave them a last minute penalty after McGregor threw himself to the ground.

Accies can't blame the officials for the fact that they've picked up 0 points out of the last 18 but I think some refs are giving Celtic soft decisions. Whether it's to avoid criticism from the press and social media I don't know but there seems to be a lack of fairness at times when Celtic are playing.

I think Accies are one of a few clubs who are very lucky with the volume of (blatant to all but the officials) fouling, pushing, niggling, clogging & everything else that's not within the Laws, that they get away with, game after game.

Canning's just trying this on to see if he can put pressure on officials to be lenient with them for the next 4 games, nothing to do with the OF.

5 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

I think Accies are one of a few clubs who are very lucky with the volume of (blatant to all but the officials) fouling, pushing, niggling, clogging & everything else that's not within the Laws, that they get away with, game after game.

Canning's just trying this on to see if he can put pressure on officials to be lenient with them for the next 4 games, nothing to do with the OF.

Yeah, you might have a point.

11 hours ago, Cobra said:

The Darren Lyon red card against Celtic should not have been a red. Celtic were given a penalty against us in the Cup when Sinclair ran into Hendry and then dived. When Celtic's unbeaten run was about to end at Motherwell Collum gave them a last minute penalty after McGregor threw himself to the ground.

Accies can't blame the officials for the fact that they've picked up 0 points out of the last 18 but I think some refs are giving Celtic soft decisions. Whether it's to avoid criticism from the press and social media I don't know but there seems to be a lack of fairness at times when Celtic are playing.

Celtic generally get the ball into the opposition penalty area much more than the other team. Therefore it makes sense that they get more penalties. There is more to it than that though of course.

I don't think there is any intentional bias. It's got to be in the back of the referees mind though that when they give a crucial decision against Celtic it's going to come under intense scrutiny, with the papers calling for the ref to be demoted. It's human nature then to only give a crucial decision against them if they're 100% certain. I doubt a referee is too bothered about criticism from Martin Canning though. So decisions against these teams are easier for the referee to give. There is less pressure so they'll happily give a decision if they "think" its right.

At the end of the day you can maybe go out of a cup because of a refereeing decision. In the league though, over 38 games, you'll finish exactly where you deserve to.

6 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

Celtic generally get the ball into the opposition penalty area much more than the other team. Therefore it makes sense that they get more penalties. There is more to it than that though of course.

I don't think there is any intentional bias. It's got to be in the back of the referees mind though that when they give a crucial decision against Celtic it's going to come under intense scrutiny, with the papers calling for the ref to be demoted. It's human nature then to only give a crucial decision against them if they're 100% certain. I doubt a referee is too bothered about criticism from Martin Canning though. So decisions against these teams are easier for the referee to give. There is less pressure so they'll happily give a decision if they "think" its right.

At the end of the day you can maybe go out of a cup because of a refereeing decision. In the league though, over 38 games, you'll finish exactly where you deserve to.

I don't think referees are biased in favour of Celtic but I do believe certain officials can be weak in big moments during games and err on the side of caution by favouring the Old Firm.

Not sure I agree you end up exactly where you deserve to be in the league. Did Livingston deserve to finish above Dundee after breaking the rules? Did Dundee deserve to have their hopes of survival ended by a Pawlett dive? Relegation can be decided by something totally outwith your control although it's fair to say it's your own fault if you end up in a relegation battle.

17 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

Take your sensible talk somewhere else ED! :)

Adblock Detected