Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Billy Campbell's Ghost

Great Story On Official Today

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Good story that. Seems a typical Aberdeenshire Loon of the time - hard as nails and a bit looney.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely loved reading that . Our history is rich , varied  and amazing . 125 years - what a club what a team , what a support?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great story, whoever researched & wrote it.

The lads who worked the granite quarries of Aberdeenshire were a tough bunch, and lifting granite blocks regularly, they were incredibly strong. The comment about weak beer (all 12 of them!) is also classic Aiberdeenshire loon life. 

He didn't have too much luck with his football career, but to be the holder of an OL gold medal is unlikely to ever be equalled by a Scot.

Interesting games/goals ratio!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Great story, whoever researched & wrote it.

The lads who worked the granite quarries of Aberdeenshire were a tough bunch, and lifting granite blocks regularly, they were incredibly strong. The comment about weak beer (all 12 of them!) is also classic Aiberdeenshire loon life. 

He didn't have too much luck with his football career, but to be the holder of an OL gold medal is unlikely to ever be equalled by a Scot.

Interesting games/goals ratio!

Would guess it would be Kenny Ross. Great read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Would guess it would be Kenny Ross. Great read.

Didn't want to assume that, as his name wasn't at the foot of it....but sent Kenny a text to ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Would guess it would be Kenny Ross. Great read.

Well done editor, lovely story, tis what were all about, mon the Dee's;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Story worth picking up by a journalist given the Olympic Gold part? Mr Pattullo?

Does Alan also buy his wine in your place?....I feel sure you could influence this :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Didn't want to assume that, as his name wasn't at the foot of it....but sent Kenny a text to ask.

I'm all intrigued now, let us know if it is mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Does Alan also buy his wine in your place?....I feel sure you could influence this :)

No he does not but I do see him around about . Wrong part of town for big Al. My fave Hearts manager was in to day prior to heading for Aberdeen and again expressed his admiration for Craig Wighton. Claimed he was very close to signing him a couple of years ago. We had the usual jocular chat and he left with a few fine reds and his signature US chardonnays.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I'm all intrigued now, let us know if it is mate.

Yes, it was written by Kenny.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

No he does not but I do see him around about . Wrong part of town for big Al. My fave Hearts manager was in to day prior to heading for Aberdeen and again expressed his admiration for Craig Wighton. Claimed he was very close to signing him a couple of years ago. We had the usual jocular chat and he left with a few fine reds and his signature US chardonnays.

Try as I might (in fairness its been several years now) I just don't really dig US wine despite generally being a New World kind of a cat. Chardonnay is only good when its mixed with semillion personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Try as I might (in fairness its been several years now) I just don't really dig US wine despite generally being a New World kind of a cat. Chardonnay is only good when its mixed with semillion personally.

US thinks its wine is better than it is. And it is overpriced.

But try Peirano Zinfandel....superb

or if you dislike oaked Chardonnay try Montagny 1er Cru.....made in stainless steel vats and very nice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Initially when I saw the link in the OP, I decided to get back to it Billy'.

But all your positive, enthusiastic comments above, made me decide,the time to get back is NOW or I'd probably forget.

Whit a grand well writen & researched piece o' work.  In meh ain wee world, eh'm mair than content wi whit eh've achieved & whit life has given me. But compared tae Oor Man above ..My life has definitetly been been mundane & boring. Credit to everyone:chaplin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Chardonnay is only good when its mixed with semillion personally.

Thank fe*k you can spell correctly, eh. :o

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.