The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Billy Campbell's Ghost

Great Story On Official Today

Rate this topic

Good story that. Seems a typical Aberdeenshire Loon of the time - hard as nails and a bit looney.

• Like 1

I absolutely loved reading that . Our history is rich , varied  and amazing . 125 years - what a club what a team , what a support?

Great story, whoever researched & wrote it.

The lads who worked the granite quarries of Aberdeenshire were a tough bunch, and lifting granite blocks regularly, they were incredibly strong. The comment about weak beer (all 12 of them!) is also classic Aiberdeenshire loon life. 

He didn't have too much luck with his football career, but to be the holder of an OL gold medal is unlikely to ever be equalled by a Scot.

Interesting games/goals ratio!

13 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Great story, whoever researched & wrote it.

The lads who worked the granite quarries of Aberdeenshire were a tough bunch, and lifting granite blocks regularly, they were incredibly strong. The comment about weak beer (all 12 of them!) is also classic Aiberdeenshire loon life. 

He didn't have too much luck with his football career, but to be the holder of an OL gold medal is unlikely to ever be equalled by a Scot.

Interesting games/goals ratio!

Would guess it would be Kenny Ross. Great read.

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Didn't want to assume that, as his name wasn't at the foot of it....but sent Kenny a text to ask.

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Well done editor, lovely story, tis what were all about, mon the Dee's;) 

4 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Story worth picking up by a journalist given the Olympic Gold part? Mr Pattullo?

Does Alan also buy his wine in your place?....I feel sure you could influence this :)

15 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Didn't want to assume that, as his name wasn't at the foot of it....but sent Kenny a text to ask.

I'm all intrigued now, let us know if it is mate.

18 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Does Alan also buy his wine in your place?....I feel sure you could influence this :)

No he does not but I do see him around about . Wrong part of town for big Al. My fave Hearts manager was in to day prior to heading for Aberdeen and again expressed his admiration for Craig Wighton. Claimed he was very close to signing him a couple of years ago. We had the usual jocular chat and he left with a few fine reds and his signature US chardonnays.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I'm all intrigued now, let us know if it is mate.

Yes, it was written by Kenny.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

No he does not but I do see him around about . Wrong part of town for big Al. My fave Hearts manager was in to day prior to heading for Aberdeen and again expressed his admiration for Craig Wighton. Claimed he was very close to signing him a couple of years ago. We had the usual jocular chat and he left with a few fine reds and his signature US chardonnays.

Try as I might (in fairness its been several years now) I just don't really dig US wine despite generally being a New World kind of a cat. Chardonnay is only good when its mixed with semillion personally.

7 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Try as I might (in fairness its been several years now) I just don't really dig US wine despite generally being a New World kind of a cat. Chardonnay is only good when its mixed with semillion personally.

US thinks its wine is better than it is. And it is overpriced.

But try Peirano Zinfandel....superb

or if you dislike oaked Chardonnay try Montagny 1er Cru.....made in stainless steel vats and very nice.

• Like 1

Initially when I saw the link in the OP, I decided to get back to it Billy'.

But all your positive, enthusiastic comments above, made me decide,the time to get back is NOW or I'd probably forget.

Whit a grand well writen & researched piece o' work.  In meh ain wee world, eh'm mair than content wi whit eh've achieved & whit life has given me. But compared tae Oor Man above ..My life has definitetly been been mundane & boring. Credit to everyone:chaplin:

9 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Chardonnay is only good when its mixed with semillion personally.

Thank fe*k you can spell correctly, eh. :o

• Funny 2