Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

News: Tales From The Terraces: The Day Dundee Became Champions Of Scotland

UWTB1893

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

Again I ask, who cares?

Perhaps you are not interested in the post being a couple of years out. However the date 28th April 1962 is considered to be the most important date in the history of Dundee Football Club. I realise that BCG made a slight mistake and I was only bringing it to his attention as he would if I had posted a similar mistake

1 minute ago, islaydarkblue said:

Perhaps you are not interested in the post being a couple of years out. However the date 28th April 1962 is considered to be the most important date in the history of Dundee Football Club. I realise that BCG made a slight mistake and I was only bringing it to his attention as he would if I had posted a similar mistake

Excellent, and United getting promoted in 1960 means what to Dundee FC fans in 2018?

1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

Excellent, and United getting promoted in 1960 means what to Dundee FC fans in 2018?

If you had read the report on the club website about season 1961-62 you would have read that there had been few derbies up till then due to United being mostly in the Second Division.

There used to be a topic “On this day in xxxx” which could be resurrected as “During this month xxxx” which then becomes a history lesson.

2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Well I admit to having invaded the pitch at Tannadice after United achieved promotion.In these days many went to Dens one week and Tannadice the next and supported both never thinking one day they would be in the same league.Dundee were the big team and United the wee team.But then we had to decide which to support.I never gave it a second thought.It is my belief that the challenge which United brought that led to our monumental success in the next few years .Competition is a good thing which brings out the best in people.

3 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Never me old mate!

2 hours ago, dfcman said:

Well I admit to having invaded the pitch at Tannadice after United achieved promotion.In these days many went to Dens one week and Tannadice the next and supported both never thinking one day they would be in the same league.Dundee were the big team and United the wee team.But then we had to decide which to support.I never gave it a second thought.It is my belief that the challenge which United brought that led to our monumental success in the next few years .Competition is a good thing which brings out the best in people.

Did you pi** on the turf/sand while you were on it? :o  

Adblock Detected