Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

4 Years Ago Today

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

That was one great game I did manage to get to CW'

And it was as you described above in your fine post.

Near overcome wi the tension excitement of the Day.

What a Day to remember. Same again on Saturday !!

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

2 minutes ago, Gedee said:

That was one great game I did manage to get to CW'

And it was as you described above in your fine post.

Near overcome wi the tension excitement of the Day.

What a Day to remember. Same again on Saturday !!

Great stuff Gedee.

You weren't the old guy between the Derry and the Shankly waving his walking stick at full time on the track that the stewards came and spoke to were you null

• Like 1

Great post CW - it was a glorious day.

As you mentioned when the score from Hamilton started to go round the Derry I felt sick - people asking each other questions on the permutations of the result.

When that final whistle went I hugged my old man like crazy - then had a sing along to Bob Marley ?

1 hour ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Great stuff Gedee.

You weren't the old guy between the Derry and the Shankly waving his walking stick at full time on the track that the stewards came and spoke to were you null

Naw CW .... But the area is right.

Eh wis the Auld Guy,, that at the end o' the gemme, when the players were celebrating, and the DFC fans were rushing on to tak the photies

And eh come running on, in wild,  excitement, swirling meh LJ's aroond meh heid !!

Mind,  it is fair to say, I was a little embarrassed, when eh saw the Mad DFC Crowd

Redirect their cameras, to take exclusive shots, o' my, Swinging, Big, Juicy Plums.

• Wowzer 1

I remember really starting to think WTF when we had a 2-1 lead and my young lad checked his phone and said  Dad, Accies are winning 8-2 ,  i looked at him in disbelief and he showed me it in black and white, i really thought then it was going to the play offs  for us as i knew by the Accies score  that they were going to get the goals required due to the stitch up in progress at NDP.  I was convinced Dumbarton were going to get an equalizer.... huge relief at full time,  enjoyed the pitch invasion and the following celebrations,back to  GJs after the match....a mixture of elation that we had finally made it back to the top division, and also anger at what happened at NDP .

That 10-2 scoreline has to be one of the most obvious instances  of cheating and  match fixing ever to happen in Scottish football, so blatant and so obvious what went on there with no attempt to disguise or hide what was going on,  shameful behaviour from both Hamilton Accies and Greenock Morton football clubs,  which i hope no Dee ever forgets,it was blatant cheating and colusion to benefit Accies , no one will ever convince me any different,  i will always have nothing but  utter contempt for those two clubs .

Edited by thegen65
Spelling

6 minutes ago, thegen65 said:

I remember really starting to think WTF when we had a 2-1 lead and my young lad checked his phone and said  Dad, Accies are winning 8-2 ,  i looked at him in disbelief and he showed me it in black and white, i really thought then it was going to the play offs  for us as i knew by the Accies score  that they were going to get the goals required due to the stitch up in progress at NDP.  I was convinced Dumbarton were going to get an equalizer.... huge relief at full time,  enjoyed the pitch invasion and the following celebrations,back to  GJs after the match....a mixture of elation that we had finally made it back to the top division, and also anger at what happened at NDP .

That 10-2 scoreline has to be one of the most obvious instances  of cheating and  match fixing ever to happen in Scottish football, so blatant and so obvious what went on there with no attempt to disguise or hide what was going on,  shameful behaviour from both Hamilton Accies and Greenock Morton football clubs,  which i hope no Dee ever forgets,it was blatant cheating and colusion to benefit Accies , no one will ever convince me any different,  i will always have nothing but  utter contempt for those two clubs .

Eh went to the game on my own ... . after along period of not being able to attend games.

As I said in previous post, the day, was a mixture of mad excitement and very high tension.

Then eh sat doon, beside whit eh thought, wis someone, who wis even mair mental than me!!

Throughout the game which eh wis trying to enjoy & concentrate on, he kept relaying the ither

score to me fae the Accies gemme. To put no tooo fine a point on it, eh thoughthe wis talking

A Load o' Shyte...Especially when he reached the 10-2 bit  (He must have wondered how meh

reaction was so cool) No kennin, eh thoct he wis anither Mental Case. Even worse than me !!

2 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

I was in the Nou Camp that day watching Barcelona v Getafe finish 2-2.

I was also watching Dundee on my phone - I am the only person in the world who has seen Dundee win in the Nou Camp.

True story. 

Can you remember what the Nou Camp cost you?

22 hours ago, thegen65 said:

A year past February I was speaking to a Morton director who was on Islay waiting to meet the key holder of a local house to carry out a valuation. Needless to say the key holder never turned up.

I told him that I was a Dundee supporter and the 10-2 scoreline where his team Morton ‘lay down’ to Hamilton Accies was a fix. He tried to explain it away by saying the manager Kenny Shiels had been awarded a new contract. The Morton players were not happy and expressed their disgust on the pitch with their feeble  performance against Hamilton Accies. 

I told him that I did not believe his excuse especially as his player Dougie Imrie managed to score the two Morton goals to reach his target for the season. I also added that their should have been a full investigation into this dubious result and if he was correct then all the Morton players playing that day should have been sacked for not trying.

Adblock Detected