Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Changes/Ideas For The Dark Blue Forum (Admin John)

Gedee

Admin John continues to work day & night on improvements to TDBF.

Possibly, for those like me, who are of a non-techy disposition, much of the work that goes on behind scenes will pass us by un-noticed.

But here is something which maybe all of us can help John with ... Maybe after the good response received by many of you, to my more

General Topic on this Forum, he has asked me, to ask you, if any of us on here, can suggest any further suggestions/changes/ideas etc.

to make TDBF an even better & busier place to visit & contribute. It was his initial intention to ask his "elite" supporting staff, but thankfully

he came to his senses quickly .... Before any real damage was done !!

He is mighty busy at this present time making loads of changes (which as I said, I dinnae understand much aboot) However can you help?

THIS IS FAE ADMIN JOHN ..... (PASTED)

As you may have noticed there has been a few changes on the forum.

Not all of them are complete yet and I have a few tweaks here and there to do yet.

I want to ask you guys what you would like to see added, changed, tweaked or overhauled on the forum?

This can go from the forum administration, moderation issues or changes, things you would like to see on the forum.

I will make this as blunt as possible, if you think that something can be done better (I mean in all aspects of the forum)

then please feel free to let me know and I will do my best to make sure that they are implemented. If you see something

on the forum which has bothered you: The look, aesthetics, workability or anything, please feel free to let me know.

So go ahead.... do your worst.

(Fae me, Admin & Awe Staff & Members, Thank You in advance for the responses to come. Get on your thinking caps. Get TDBF buzzing)

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

GSD had a good idea to try to get a way to allow this forum access to the players, manager or board to be part of the PR effort being made by the club. We are not the enemy here. Questions could submitted in advance and there would be no need for supplementary stuff or any editing of the replies. 

I feel that if reporters can be trusted to interview the players then surely giving the club the ability to put forward their message without any filter or spin might be an attraction for them.

20 minutes ago, BCram said:

GSD had a good idea to try to get a way to allow this forum access to the players, manager or board to be part of the PR effort being made by the club. We are not the enemy here. Questions could submitted in advance and there would be no need for supplementary stuff or any editing of the replies. 

I feel that if reporters can be trusted to interview the players then surely giving the club the ability to put forward their message without any filter or spin might be an attraction for them.

Honestly, you think tossing in randoms that might ask the questions that the club don't want to answer will get the go ahead ? 

I admire your journalistic frontier spirit. ?

I'm no sure ... Maybe the DFC Club/BOD, have been hurt in the past or felt some of the less thought through comments, made by other outside parties, have misrepresented them. And, in their eyes have caused damage. But it may be that I am too trusting (naive), but I think anyone, selected & representing the Dark Blues, could  do a good job in this role, (withoot being too sooky or over-critical) that would be advantageous to to Club, Forum, DFC Fans & Supporters. ... I am just no' quite understanding why the Club are reluctant to become involved with more like-minded groups or/&, parties or individuals, that could promote/publicise, the DFC.

JINGS DUNDEE FC ARE ON THE MARCH ... CONSOLIDATING OOR PREMIERSHIP STATUS ... NEW STADIUM ... AMBITIOUS PLANS

The more on board the better I would have thought... "Mon the Dee"

Off the top of my head (and this isn’t so much an improvement to forum experience) but what about forming “The Dark Blues Forum DSC” and paying the £35 to join the DSA next season? Then have the weekly Man of the Match vote count towards giving a Player of the Year award.

I know that a lot of people posting here are probably already members of supporters’ clubs, but for those who aren’t being a member of the forum, which is then a member of the DSA, provides an (extra) official route to raise concerns etc., especially for potential problems at away grounds (since one of the functions of the DSA is to provide support to fans who travel). 

1 minute ago, Derekgow said:

Thanks bud, thought I read somewhere they would be phased out eventually. :slaphead:

Must admit, I prefer the 'old skool' ones but I'm trying to get with the times and use the new ones. This'll be another one where poor John won't be able to keep everyone sweet. ?:lol2:

2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Must admit, I prefer the 'old skool' ones but I'm trying to get with the times and use the new ones. This'll be another one where poor John won't be able to keep everyone sweet. ?:lol2:

Yes, I think it’s the movement that does it for me. :happyyes:

Adblock Detected