Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Changes/Ideas For The Dark Blue Forum (Admin John)

Gedee

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
6 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

You will be on your own as they are still there! ?

They're at the bottom of the emoji list. ?

I did notice them myself John, but it took me too lang to get to them.

And at my stage in life the passing wasted seconds are crucial to me.

So I have stopped using them. (Weel until eh change meh mind again)

21 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Honestly, you think tossing in randoms that might ask the questions that the club don't want to answer will get the go ahead ? 

I admire your journalistic frontier spirit. ?

No. Was thinking that the club would be in control and be able to answer questions that they wanted to. Actually thought that you might a good person to do the liaison, few witty gifs might make it interesting.

Why would the club think that an organisation that supports them would be more likely to cause them trouble than a professional journalist who may take an unhelpful view? 

We publish the official news items from the club but they don't get much of a response. Only one recently was the £30 games and the free tickets. There was a real rumpus and the club responded to explain what they were planning. Seems to me everyone pulling together is the goal. 

3 minutes ago, BCram said:

No. Was thinking that the club would be in control and be able to answer questions that they wanted to. Actually thought that you might a good person to do the liaison, few witty gifs might make it interesting.

Why would the club think that an organisation that supports them would be more likely to cause them trouble than a professional journalist who may take an unhelpful view? 

We publish the official news items from the club but they don't get much of a response. Only one recently was the £30 games and the free tickets. There was a real rumpus and the club responded to explain what they were planning. Seems to me everyone pulling together is the goal. 

Spot on mate. Agree wholeheartedly. Chance for club to build more trusted bridges.

33 minutes ago, BCram said:

I admire your enthusiasm mate but as we've seen with the Society, the club Board aren't that keen on letting others play with their ball. 

I'm maybe picking you up wrong and missing the point but surely if the club are only going to answer the questions they want to, what's the point, just let them put out their diktats.

6 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I admire your enthusiasm mate but as we've seen with the Society, the club Board aren't that keen on letting others play with their ball. 

I'm maybe picking you up wrong and missing the point but surely if the club are only going to answer the questions they want to, what's the point, just let them put out their diktats.

I think this forum is watched and can help the club. This topic is about developing this forum and I thought the idea that GSD had was worth discussing. You are right in that this forum publishes, if that's the right word, as NEWS the official club announcements. If you look at the online response to them you can see that very few ever get a post. I think that's a disappointment. Feedback, good or bad is helpful to the club. Being included at the press conferences, or being able to ask previously submitted questions might help the club in their efforts to communicate with the fans. 

You are right in saying that the club are not keen on letting others get involved. The situation with DFCSS is disappointing to say the least and I don't understand why there is such a reluctance to be more communicative. Look at the very positive comments when players and the manager phoned supporters to thank them for renewing their ST's. That, and actually winning two games at home has been great. 

There is supposed to be a big upgrade in DeeTV for next season. Things are getting better and I think that an approach from TDB might actually be welcomed by the club.

I don't know how others feel but I think John has created a great site site for Dees. I appreciate the fact that there is no tolerance of abuse. I had a look at sites for other clubs and it's really quite brutal. We're lucky to have this site. I hope it's here for years to come

33 minutes ago, BCram said:

I think this forum is watched and can help the club. This topic is about developing this forum and I thought the idea that GSD had was worth discussing. You are right in that this forum publishes, if that's the right word, as NEWS the official club announcements. If you look at the online response to them you can see that very few ever get a post. I think that's a disappointment. Feedback, good or bad is helpful to the club. Being included at the press conferences, or being able to ask previously submitted questions might help the club in their efforts to communicate with the fans. 

You are right in saying that the club are not keen on letting others get involved. The situation with DFCSS is disappointing to say the least and I don't understand why there is such a reluctance to be more communicative. Look at the very positive comments when players and the manager phoned supporters to thank them for renewing their ST's. That, and actually winning two games at home has been great. 

There is supposed to be a big upgrade in DeeTV for next season. Things are getting better and I think that an approach from TDB might actually be welcomed by the club.

I hate being so negative but I'm not sure what you're basing that on. While we're a focal point, not all fans are on here and if you look how many active posters there are its even less. I'm also a bit wary of what the site would sacrifice for this arrangement but that's not really for me to decide. 

We are like a good local, some you see every day, others from time to time, there's usually a good atmosphere, the place is buzzing after a good win and depressing after a loss. For me we have it about right

One thing I would add is a pishedometer so we could know the nick of people when they wrote their posts :D if only keyboards come with breathalysers

4 hours ago, Harold Finch said:

One thing I would add is a pishedometer so we could know the nick of people when they wrote their posts :D if only keyboards come with breathalysers

To be honest Harold, I reckon most of us can easily tell how pished posters are just by reading the posts! ?

10 hours ago, BCram said:

Seems to me everyone pulling together is the goal. 

HIGHLIGHTED THE BIT ABOVE BC ... BIT IT IS AWE GOOD STUFF ... (Including the "Chomp Idea" as the right man for the Job)

8 hours ago, chomp my root said:

I hate being so negative but I'm not sure what you're basing that on. While we're a focal point, not all fans are on here and if you look how many active posters there are its even less. I'm also a bit wary of what the site would sacrifice for this arrangement but that's not really for me to decide. 

I understand your points Chomp, that were we, in what appeared a "too tight relationship" with the Club, it could be misconstrued by some others. And also the number of members on TDBF are very small in comparison to the overall DFC fan/supporter base ... (mind, part of the idea of this suggestion is to incease interest/usage/member numbers, in this forum)

I accept, it's possible, based on what I've seen & felt, the BOD would NOT entertain any arrangement of this kind ... But nothing to lose, knocking on their door. And although I have never met you (which may well make the following comment redundant) you come over as the right kind of intelligent fella, with an equal balance of humour, friendliness, & cynicism that could make this work.

(Jist you mind that last complimentary comments eh've made there, when you go on a spree o' handing oot

Likes. And/or, you are thinking of removing ... one o' my bewidering, daft, fantasy, unintelligble posts, freend)

Adblock Detected