Sign in to follow this  
deefly78

Contract Talk Stalls For O'Hara

Rate this topic

Having read this in the tele im not bothered if O'Hara signs a contract extention, imo he is below par majority of the time and once in a blue moon has a decent game. We can surely do better

Agree, but I don't think he is being properly taught how to play in mid field.

He's played there for two years at a professional level. He shouldn't needing 'taught' how to play midfield anymore. If he still can't do it, then get him in the sea. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I like O'Hara and would be happy if he stayed but where does he fit in our team? Our midfield needs a complete overall either way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

He's played there for two years at a professional level. He shouldn't needing 'taught' how to play midfield anymore. If he still can't do it, then get him in the sea

I love the way you tip toe around your thoughts WW.

For me, I wouldn’t be bothered if he signed or not.

I’d be inclined to give him until summer 2019 if I was the gaffer though, purely because of his age and he has shown on occasion that he can do the biz. That would be his lot.

Can understand why you’d lob him off the side of a vessel. It’s been frustrating watching him this season.

• Like 1

Loved all his goals v Rangers at Dens and when he scored v Inverness in the cup at Dens, you kind of thought he was coming on to a more consistent game at last.

Never known someone as anonymous in so many games though. Quite a few times I've forgot he's on the pitch.

Whether this is down to the position he's playing or role he's been giving, I don't know, but McGowan and Kamara are a lot more imposing generally speaking.

Would like him to do well for us but needs to stop going missing as much unless I'm imagining it or exaggerating it?

Edited by CW 90+3 02/05/16
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I like O'Hara and would be happy if he stayed but where does he fit in our team? Our midfield needs a complete overall either way.

I don't think he even knows his best position to be honest. He has been moved around by a few managers now and he basically has played every position expect goal keeper.... he has the height for it lol

1 minute ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I don't think he even knows his best position to be honest. He has been moved around by a few managers now and he basically has played every position expect goal keeper.... he has the height for it lol

Think he was a centre back at Killie from memory then Hartley tried to turn him into a centre mid but he's also played RB and attacking mid too?

He’s a weird one. Probably do well at another club like most other players who leave Dens. 

1 minute ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Think he was a centre back at Killie from memory then Hartley tried to turn him into a centre mid but he's also played RB and attacking mid too?

I think you have hit it on the nail. I am sure if he could play with his left foot, he would be played at left-back or left midfield.

I sometimes think he tries too hard! but then again I think of that old saying "you've either got it or you haven't" but what do I know, would love if he was a success here though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Agreed!

Will be interesting to see what happens with him next season. Might be on the radar of St Mirren in their revamped spfl squad.

He has the height for sure and you would expect him to be dominating in the midfield but he rarely does this. Also, he seems to struggle when timing his tackling and often gives away fouls due to him barging into players.

As a former defender you would expect him to be better at this!

28 minutes ago, Rosco said:

He’s a weird one.

Well, he is from Renfrewshire.

• Funny 1

No great loss if he goes, apart from games against Rangers, he is usually posted missing. His form is far too erratic IMO. 

• Star Post 1

Would think he is on motherwell and killie's radar. He will also be reluctant to commit in case we get relegated, which is ironic insofar as he has been lacking in many games, along with others, causing us to lose games we really should have won.

Not fussed really.

Unless he is scoring, which he doesn’t do enough of, he is largely a waste of space in midfield.

As others have said, our midfield needs an overhaul next season.

Certainly not a midfielder , he simply runs about aimlessly , any goals he has scored that justified his role In the team have dried up.

As others have stated our midfield needs overhauled next season as our current one is not fit for purpose.

1 hour ago, Rosco said:

He’s a weird one. Probably do well at another club like most other players who leave Dens. 

Mmmm...strange that eh?

I can't remember the last time he won a tackle.

One goal every 12 games and weak in the tackle signals his exit methinks.

• Star Post 1