The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 1 - 0 Hamilton (05 May 2018)

Rate this topic

Dundee beat Hamilton at Dens and get 3 points and are now 99% safe!

Holt goal in the 18th minute.

Parish saves a Imrie penalty kick in the last few minutes to keep us in the Scottish Premier league.

Well done to the lads today, everyone of them fought tooth and nail.

• Like 4

Well done. Good solid performance. Both full backs excellent but Cammy MoM for me. Time to enjoy the play offs now.

Doon to stay.

Phew, hard to watch especially when they got the penalty. Hope they go down, horrible team

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GordonDee said:

Phew, hard to watch especially when they got the penalty. Hope they go down, horrible team

Would love to see County and Hamilton go down this season, only if it is Livingston that comes up!

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Just looked at the table, we could end up 8th if we can win our last two games!

That was very hard to watch but we did it but haven’t we made it hard for us all season 

Good easy on the heart 1st half....2nd half by God that was nervy as hell...thought we missed O'Hara ..anyway 3 points and a clean sheet...should go into the last 2 games without any pressure on them 

I gave the game a miss today as I am suffering from a heavy cold and I decided shouting at the match would not help me get better. 

I watched the game on SKY and it was just as hard work as sitting in the Main Stand at Dens. It is a pity that we did not get a second goal especially when the referee awarded Hamilton a soft penalty. I cannot understand why a referee who lives in Newton Mearns is refereeing a match involving a team who are based a few miles along the road from his house. For all we know today’s referee might have been a Hamilton supporter when he was growing up and still has a soft spot for them

Despite playing against twelve men we still had a great victory and we require only one more point to mathematically guarantee Premier League fooball at Dens next season.

Well done to the players and management.

In my opionion It is a pity that Craig Wighton sustained his crucial injury before the start of this season as we have badly missed him and thanks to his return to the first team we now have pace down both wings.

It's jist the kind of game we should win, but more times than not .... DINNAE.

I've been really tense since oor defeat against 'well. Big Kudos for Everyone.

Well Done the Mighty Dee (OK, maybe no' quite so mighty) But Premiership

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thought we played really well in a huge match, delighted with the result and that is us safe in my book. Everyone did brilliant today, lets enjoy our night!!! 

What was extra pleasing today was the amount of niggly fouls we gave away when they looked like breaking 

Watched from bar in Portgal, euro a pint, gonna be a great day

Not great watching, very tense, but we defo deserved it

Players showed amazing commitment, proud Dee today

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

I gave the game a miss today as I am suffering from a heavy cold and I decided shouting at the match would not help me get better. 

I watched the game on SKY and it was just as hard work as sitting in the Main Stand at Dens. It is a pity that we did not get a second goal especially when the referee awarded Hamilton a soft penalty. I cannot understand why a referee who lives in Newton Mearns is refereeing a match involving a team who are based a few miles along the road from his house. For all we know today’s referee might have been a Hamilton supporter when he was growing up and still has a soft spot for them

Despite playing against twelve men we still had a great victory and we require only one more point to mathematically guarantee Premier League fooball at Dens next season.

Well done to the players and management.

In my opionion It is a pity that Craig Wighton sustained his crucial injury before the start of this season as we have badly missed him and thanks to his return to the first team we now have pace down both wings.

Absolute nailed on penalty.

The injury to Wighton at the start of the season has allowed him to bulk up so it might turn out almost as a good thing he’s been out. He’s going to be a huge player for us next season.

• Like 1

A point on Tuesday evening at Ross County or anything less than a win for Partick Thistle against Motherwell also on Tuesday evening will ensure that we are safe from the play off position at the end of this season.

4 minutes ago, 19seventyone said:

I cannot understand why a referee who lives in Newton Mearns is refereeing a match involving a team who are based a few miles along the road from his house. For all we know today’s referee might have been a Hamilton supporter when he was growing up and still has a soft spot for them

Have to disagree with you, I thought McLean was bang on today with most of his decisions. Just for the record, every-time we have had him as the official against Hamilton, we have won.

2 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

A point on Tuesday evening at Ross County or anything less than a win for Partick Thistle against Motherwell also on Tuesday evening will ensure that we are safe from the play off position at the end of this season.

We would need to lose 5 goals against County and another 5 against Partick.

1 minute ago, TheDarkBlues said:

We would need to lose 5 goals against County and another 5 against Partick.

No it’s not as simple as that.

we can lose 3 nil at county then 3 nil at home and be in play offs 

2 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

No it’s not as simple as that.

we can lose 3 nil at county then 3 nil at home and be in play offs 

Only if Partick beat Motherwell by a good few goals on Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, 19seventyone said:

Absolute nailed on penalty.

The injury to Wighton at the start of the season has allowed him to bulk up so it might turn out almost as a good thing he’s been out. He’s going to be a huge player for us next season.

I felt that the Hamilton player ran into Jeffries and the same thing happened in the League Cup tie against Celtic at Dens. Perhaps these opposition players are cute and make it easy for the referee.

There were several occasions in the Hamilton penalty box at corners when our players had their jerseys pulled but referee did nothing about it. That is one of the benefits of seeing the game live on TV. 

The referee and his assistants should be paying attention.

On the other hand before their penalty we got a corner when the Hamilton goalkeeper was alleged to have carried a passback over the goal line. The slow motion showed that this decision by the Main Stand side linesman was wrong as he guessed it and guessed wrong. 

The slow motion showed that the linesman was not up with play. Sadly that has happened on many occasions at Dens during the games I have attended and we have been the victims on many occasions.

If Partick beat us say 3 nil remember that’s a six goal swing in their favour.

We need to go to County and shut up shop even a 1 nil defeat would be enough