Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Man Of The Match: Hamilton (Home, 05 May 2018)

TheDarkBlues

Man Of The Match: Hamilton (Home, 05 May 2018)  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match against Hamilton?

• Parish
    • Kerr
    • O'Dea
    • Caulker
    • Holt
    • O'Hara
    • Kamara
    • Wighton
    • Murray
    • Deacon
    • McGowan
    • Spence
    • Jefferies
    • Scott

So many good performances from a team that were fired up to deliver the much needed 3 points.

Thought it was Cammy's best game of the season in what's been a disappointing season from him. That was more like the Cammy of old. Confident, hard, solid, fast, very good defensively and a threat going forward. MOTM. Superb performance.

Caulker - Won so many headers. Possibly would have scored too if his shirt wasn't being held. A class act.

Wighton - Like having a new signing. Fast, skilful, a real danger. Great to see him back.

Murray - In terrible goal scoring form and we're all aware of his limitations but what a shift again from him. Great effort and always gives the opposition  defence and keeper something to think about when he's running at them or closing them down.

Parish did well with crosses and balls in to the box and his save looks like the defining moment that's probably kept us up. Imagine that had went in? All bets were off.

Holt - Great goal and a good performance. Nice to see him bounce back after seemingly being finished earlier in the season.

Thought Spence did surprisingly well when he came on too. Couple of real hard challenges and bravery putting his body on the line for the team in the midfield scrap.

Really good stuff from the whole squad on Saturday. Just a pity they haven't performed as good as that throughout the season and only in flashes. We have a lot of ability in that team. Just need set up right.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

So many good performances from a team that were fired up to deliver the much needed 3 points.

Thought it was Cammy's best game of the season in what's been a disappointing season from him. That was more like the Cammy of old. Confident, hard, solid, fast, very good defensively and a threat going forward. MOTM. Superb performance.

Caulker - Won so many headers. Possibly would have scored too if his shirt wasn't being held. A class act.

Wighton - Like having a new signing. Fast, skilful, a real danger. Great to see him back.

Murray - In terrible goal scoring form and we're all aware of his limitations but what a shift again from him. Great effort and always gives the opposition  defence and keeper something to think about when he's running at them or closing them down.

Parish did well with crosses and balls in to the box and his save looks like the defining moment that's probably kept us up. Imagine that had went in? All bets were off.

Holt - Great goal and a good performance. Nice to see him bounce back after seemingly being finished earlier in the season.

Thought Spence did surprisingly well when he came on too. Couple of real hard challenges and bravery putting his body on the line for the team in the midfield scrap.

Really good stuff from the whole squad on Saturday. Just a pity they haven't performed as good as that throughout the season and only in flashes. We have a lot of ability in that team. Just need set up right.

Good post CW. Can't really disagree with any of that.

I think it's worth mentioning that Hamilton were massively up for this game and put everything into it. They didn't do much wrong so it's a credit to our lads that we came away with the three points.

I've been a big critic of Murray but he won me over a bit with his performance. I've said before that he's too predictable but he played a delightful ball to Cammy on Saturday and like you say his workrate is tremendous.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

I think it's worth mentioning that Hamilton were massively up for this game and put everything into it. They didn't do much wrong so it's a credit to our lads that we came away with the three points.

Spot on Cobra.

We got the 3 points and McCann said we were by far the better team, but Hamilton looked right up for it for the 90 minutes and gave us a really difficult game. They had a lot of neat possession and threatened but just looked like they lacked that killer instinct up front. Sounds very familiar.

That's why it's got to be one of the best performances of the season for me.

A high pressured pretty much must win game and we delivered with the 3 points and clean sheet.

10 hours ago, Cobra said:

Good post CW. Can't really disagree with any of that.

I've been a big critic of Murray but he won me over a bit with his performance. I've said before that he's too predictable but he played a delightful ball to Cammy on Saturday and like you say his workrate is tremendous.

Cobra do you know if Murray is still under contract at Hibs?

3 minutes ago, travellingdee said:

Cobra do you know if Murray is still under contract at Hibs?

Yes TD. He's a Hibs player until 2019. I suspect they might give him a free transfer though if we're interested.

I wouldn't be doing cartwheels if he signed permanently at Dens but I would like to see him playing in a team with more creativity.

10 hours ago, Cobra said:

Yes TD. He's a Hibs player until 2019. I suspect they might give him a free transfer though if we're interested.

I wouldn't be doing cartwheels if he signed permanently at Dens but I would like to see him playing in a team with more creativity.

Thanks.

34 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Spot on Cobra.

We got the 3 points and McCann said we were by far the better team, but Hamilton looked right up for it for the 90 minutes and gave us a really difficult game. They had a lot of neat possession and threatened but just looked like they lacked that killer instinct up front. Sounds very familiar.

A high pressured pretty much must win game and we delivered with the 3 points and clean sheet.

This for me as well CW, posted elsewhere that it was a great match to watch, even though we were put through the ringer a bit at times.:thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Spot on Cobra.

There were periods of the game that Accies passing and running off the ball looked really good and what we've been trying to do all season. 

40 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Spot on Cobra.

We give Hamilton a lot of stick but they are a very solid Premiership side. Hard as f**k and capable of creating good chances against the best sides.

I think you are right in saying it's got to be one of our best performances. We had to have every player massively motivated and hungry for this game. The manager and coaching staff can be proud of their work during the week because we were faultless in terms of commitment and organisation.

I've been very confident about staying up for one main reason and I think our squad has balls. Seeing O'Dea and Gowser in the starting line-up tells me we've got the leaders we need on the park. Guys like Holt, Kerr, Wighton and Murray never lack commitment. Caulker and Kamara add a touch of class. We're not the best team in the world but for this level we're pretty decent.

31 minutes ago, Cobra said:

We give Hamilton a lot of stick but they are a very solid Premiership side. Hard as f**k and capable of creating good chances against the best sides.

I think you are right in saying it's got to be one of our best performances. We had to have every player massively motivated and hungry for this game. The manager and coaching staff can be proud of their work during the week because we were faultless in terms of commitment and organisation.

I've been very confident about staying up for one main reason and I think our squad has balls. Seeing O'Dea and Gowser in the starting line-up tells me we've got the leaders we need on the park. Guys like Holt, Kerr, Wighton and Murray never lack commitment. Caulker and Kamara add a touch of class. We're not the best team in the world but for this level we're pretty decent.

When we get our act together. ?

Adblock Detected