Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Yesterday' Crowd

1 minute ago, Rosco said:

Think the crowd also fed off of Wighton constantly getting at their wing back. What an exciting player, beat him every time and I felt that a chance was going to come begging every time he touched the ball. Not a coinscedence that he created Holts goal. 

Correct Rosco, Can’t wait to see him on the pitch for a complete season. :bop:

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
13 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Think the crowd also fed off of Wighton constantly getting at their wing back. What an exciting player, beat him every time and I felt that a chance was going to come begging every time he touched the ball. Not a coinscedence that he created Holts goal. 

He scored  a great  goal at Hamilton  driving  down the left channel . Was that  last season ?.

4 hours ago, Cobra said:

I wonder if the home crowd has realised that our horrific home form was possibly not helped by our lack of patience.

The support on Saturday was outstanding even when the passing was atrocious. We made our home advantage count and I don't think we always do that.

I think the support on Saturday responded to the clear effort and passion being shown on the park. In all honesty, in my opinion, that's not always been evident in every home game and I think the fans have fed off that. 

We did also seem to have ditched the slow, slow, slow build up on Saturday, so I think the change in approach to some extent suggests the fans find it hard to stomach and aren't enjoying it. But again, I'm only giving a personal opinion on that. 

2 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Goes to show what even a little bit of fan engagement can do. Connection between supporters and club has been very good in the last few weeks.

A complete change of social media strategy coupled with some thanks and recognition direct form players / staff to supporters make a world of difference. Even on match day when things ain’t going our way. 

Hopefully ST sales are still brisk ?

And I think this has played a large part in things. I have to be honest and say, just as I needed a wee shot in the arm, the enthusiasm and honesty from the management, players and those behind the scenes, towards the season ticket engagement and strip launch etc gave me exactly the wee lift I needed. A big well done due to all involved there.

With ten m inutes to go the crowd was building up to a crescendo when you thought we will get a second goal.Cue for the opposition to step up their energy levels,indulge in a bit of chancing it at the throw-in incident leading to the penalty when our lads had switched off and could have spoiled our day.

Conclusion from this is that contrary to popular belief a noisy home support is not worth a goal start or anything like it.It winds up the away team also.Its good from the enjoyment point of view but that's all.On the other hand a negative home support will I think discourage the home team and be self defeating.The moral of the story is clear.

Incidentally if we had done the same thing at the throw would we have said that's cheating/unsporting etc.You have to make and take your chances and that includes your coaching staff catching and throwing the ball back fast and Hamilton did that not once but twice.Were we alive to that-I don't think so.We need to be more savvy.

• Like 1

Home advantage seems to more noticeable in bigger countries where the away team has to travel a significant distance such as Brazil and the US.

I don't think there is any home advantage when we play the likes of Hamilton and Motherwell but it does seem to give us a bit of an edge against bigger clubs like Rangers and Hearts.

On 07/05/2018 at 16:57, dfcman said:

With ten m inutes to go the crowd was building up to a crescendo when you thought we will get a second goal.Cue for the opposition to step up their energy levels,indulge in a bit of chancing it at the throw-in incident leading to the penalty when our lads had switched off and could have spoiled our day.

Conclusion from this is that contrary to popular belief a noisy home support is not worth a goal start or anything like it.It winds up the away team also.Its good from the enjoyment point of view but that's all.On the other hand a negative home support will I think discourage the home team and be self defeating.The moral of the story is clear.

Incidentally if we had done the same thing at the throw would we have said that's cheating/unsporting etc.You have to make and take your chances and that includes your coaching staff catching and throwing the ball back fast and Hamilton did that not once but twice.Were we alive to that-I don't think so.We need to be more savvy.

Got to disagree mate. Maybe the noisy home support on Saturday helped to make Imrie feel under more pressure when he stepped up? 

I don't think it's a coincidence that we've won the last 2 at Dens when we've had a noisy backing from the fans. 

As for the throw-ins, both of which I thought were Hamilton's ball, I'd love NM to try that and get away with it.  

1 hour ago, steven dee said:

Got to disagree mate. Maybe the noisy home support on Saturday helped to make Imrie feel under more pressure when he stepped up? 

I don't think it's a coincidence that we've won the last 2 at Dens when we've had a noisy backing from the fans. 

As for the throw-ins, both of which I thought were Hamilton's ball, I'd love NM to try that and get away with it.  

I think we agree to differ.Imrie of all people would feed off the aggro from the home terracesI'm not saying we should sit quiet far from it we all love it with a good noisy support its just that it cuts both ways.I would not expect our boys to be made to feel pressurised or intimidated at any away ground /crowd.Pathetic if they do.

Adblock Detected