Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Shopping List.

17 minutes ago, cg73 said:

I think Deacon on one side and wighton on the other has great potential. You wouldn't want to play against them in full flow. Deacon has been kicked a lot this season and missed a lot of games as a result. I do blame poor refereeing in Scotland for not protecting flair players. Wighton is an exciting talent. I hope he relegates county on Tuesday with a piece of class . Next season I think they could both be fantastic for us. That's my hope. 

We don't generally play with pacy attacking wingers though, we're more about keeping possession and slow build up. ?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
11 hours ago, dfcman said:

The only thing CW can learn from Scott Allen is the reverse pass which SA can execute effectively but who is otherwise largely aonoymous.To get the best out of CW he needs to be protected.

Think your doing a disservice to Scott Allan to be fair. The guy is a class act who can change a game with a wee bit quality. Something we've missed most of this season because the manager kept him on the bench.

1 hour ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

Think your doing a disservice to Scott Allan to be fair. The guy is a class act who can change a game with a wee bit quality. Something we've missed most of this season because the manager kept him on the bench.

Allan apparently has the most assists in the league. Quite impressive when you consider he spent the first half of the season recovering from injury and struggling to get in a poor Dundee side.

McCann's biggest mistake as our manager for me was mishandling our best player. He's got away with it though.

57 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Allan apparently has the most assists in the league. Quite impressive when you consider he spent the first half of the season recovering from injury and struggling to get in a poor Dundee side.

McCann's biggest mistake as our manager for me was mishandling our best player. He's got away with it though.

If you go into detail Cobra, we could maybe call it both ways.  One of NM's best management decisions was subbing him when he was posted missing against the 10 men of St Johnstone in Perth and bringing on El Bak.  3 crucial points for us at a time when SA looked like he really couldn't be arsed, or being more PC, 'nothing was coming off for him'.

Just now, Attilio said:

If you go into detail Cobra, we could maybe call it both ways.  One of NM's best management decisions was subbing him when he was posted missing against the 10 men of St Johnstone in Perth and bringing on El Bak.  3 crucial points for us at a time when SA looked like he really couldn't be arsed, or being more PC, 'nothing was coming off for him'.

You make a good point Attilio. If Allan wasn't motivated to produce his best for Dundee then maybe McCann was right to get rid.

As fans we make judgements when we are not in full possession of the facts.

I just felt it was a hell of a risk to let him go to Hibs. We've got a mentally strong squad but it can be very hard to pick up points at this level without a creative midfielder. 

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

You make a good point Attilio. If Allan wasn't motivated to produce his best for Dundee then maybe McCann was right to get rid.

As fans we make judgements when we are not in full possession of the facts.

I just felt it was a hell of a risk to let him go to Hibs. We've got a mentally strong squad but it can be very hard to pick up points at this level without a creative midfielder. 

And you're right, we don't have all the facts and we can only go on rumours, what we see and an element of gut feeling.  When he was subbed because of injury before half time against Rangers at Ibrox, he had started every game for us I think and after that game we were bottom of the League.  Not blaming him for that position by any means but the next game we won against St Johnstone without him.  The lad has a great amount of skill but unfortunately I can't shake the feeling he has the ego to go with it.  Just a gut feeling.

18 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Sometimes a club isn't a good fit for a player and the player isn't a good fit for the team. I reckon that's the case with Allan. He needed to move on to show his best and we have been as effective with him as we have been without him, sometimes more so. Looking at Saturday's game, Allan maybe has more talent than anyone else on the park (Wighton maybe being the exception) but I don't even see how we could have fitted him in our team and still played the same way.

Allan is nothing but a footnote in our season, so it's best for all the way it turned out.

1 minute ago, Attilio said:

And you're right, we don't have all the facts and we can only go on rumours, what we see and an element of gut feeling.  When he was subbed because of injury before half time against Rangers at Ibrox, he had started every game for us I think and after that game we were bottom of the League.  Not blaming him for that position by any means but the next game we won against St Johnstone without him.  The lad has a great amount of skill but unfortunately I can't shake the feeling he has the ego to go with it.  Just a gut feeling.

I get the feeling Allan has a bit of an ego problem. I felt the same about Stewart and Bain. Probably a bit unfair when I've never actually met them.

Even if Allan is a complete nightmare on the training ground his pass for winner v Rangers was magnificent. I would have liked McCann to persevere with him until the summer.

Bottom line though is we're effectively safe. The manager has (almost) achieved what we all wanted at the start of the season so criticising him about how we went about it is arguably a bit unfair.

32 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Yes, exactly this Attilio, I,m on record saying something similar, to be honest, it doesn’t really matter now, he won’t be playing for us again.

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

I get the feeling Allan has a bit of an ego problem. I felt the same about Stewart and Bain. Probably a bit unfair when I've never actually met them.

Even if Allan is a complete nightmare on the training ground his pass for winner v Rangers was magnificent. I would have liked McCann to persevere with him until the summer.

Bottom line though is we're effectively safe. The manager has (almost) achieved what we all wanted at the start of the season so criticising him about how we went about it is arguably a bit unfair.

We have a problem in this country with the type of cocky characters, but you look at most (not all) really successful sports people and they have a little of that in them. 

Adblock Detected