Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Shopping List.

11 minutes ago, barkblue said:

We have a problem in this country with the type of cocky characters, but you look at most (not all) really successful sports people and they have a little of that in them. 

Yeah I think it's a Scottish thing to dislike perceived arrogance.

Better to have a cocky b*****d than a guy riddled with self--doubt I suppose, especially if it's their job to create and score goals.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Maybe arrogance or ego are no the right words. Would bravado, swagger, or self-belief, be better words?  (I am no trying to "play around" wi words) But I've no much time either for "false modesty" either. If you believe (& ithers believe) you have that bit extra , there is no point in denying it.

It's the players who think they are really something special, and in truth are maybe not, that give me a problem.

Cobra mentions ... Allan, Stewart & Bain. And like Cobra I've never met them, or know little of them , but the impression I get of them, would be of arrogance Although a part of me,feels Scott Allan, didnae quite come up to scratch , because he wasn't totally fit (injury problems & diabetic condition)

I'm no going into NM's character at this time. One, because, although I still think he will turn out to be something special, the season is not yet over ... Also, it is no the right thread. Although I will say, his own feeling of self-belief, could be interpreted as arrogance (and I accept it maybe is)

But the point I am making is I could quite easily see a "clash of ego" between himself & other players.

I'm no going for the long list players I think should go or stay, as there are may DFC fans & supporters, who unlike me, watch & analyise DFC players each & every game, and who know much more  than me. The"big players tho' like Caulker & Kamara (& even Deacon) IMO, they should be moving Hell & High Water to try to hold on to them ...Even at the expense of sacrificing some of our other players (both good & bad) ...

I feel we could build a strong, quality team, around the afore mentioned players. And with them & others we are on our way to building, a team of players that will go a long way in helping us realise our ambitious dream...

A Premiership Club to be Really Proud of.

I'd hate to see fellow Derry Boy's Christmas wish lists or Bucket Lists if some of the names being thrown about for the clubs shopping list are anything to go by. Dougie Imrie was unpalatable to say the least but I've just seem Tom Taiwo mentioned elsewhere. Jimminy Jillikers.

If we sold Kamara to Bournemouth would he be the first player we have sold directly to an English Premiership club?

No doubt Caulker will be linked with Rangers once Steven Gerrard settles in, if we did sell him to Rangers should we try and get Ryan Hardie as part of the deal?  (I see he's injured and can't play against United) They don't have a lot of cash so maybe cash plus player

My Derby-supporting mate was saying at the weekend that he thinks Kamara is a quality player but lacks the physicality to do well (in the English Championship).

Will be interesting to see what kind of interest there is in the summer.

11 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

No doubt Caulker will be linked with Rangers once Steven Gerrard settles in, if we did sell him to Rangers should we try and get Ryan Hardie as part of the deal?  (I see he's injured and can't play against United) They don't have a lot of cash so maybe cash plus player

I'd be asking if Rossiter was available for loan, too.

I'd take Ralston on loan from Celtic if available. They might want him to get a a season in the prem under his belt. Think he'd be good at right wing back as looked good for United last night and put in some great crosses. If Nm sticks with 352 then I'd be happy with Kerr yo continue on the right of the 3. 

Need a new strike force.

El Bak - not up to standard and would appear to have a fall out with NM
Haber - irritating , as when he turns up he`s such a big player for us however its very rare and not one id be keeping and pinning hopes on.
Murray - not good enough , terrible signing on many levels
AJ - not good enough

Wighton - keep
Henvey - keep

23 hours ago, Cobra said:

I get the feeling Allan has a bit of an ego problem. I felt the same about Stewart and Bain. Probably a bit unfair when I've never actually met them.

Even if Allan is a complete nightmare on the training ground his pass for winner v Rangers was magnificent. I would have liked McCann to persevere with him until the summer.

Bottom line though is we're effectively safe. The manager has (almost) achieved what we all wanted at the start of the season so criticising him about how we went about it is arguably a bit unfair.

I saw Allan, Boyle, McGeough and Whittaker in Cafe Nero at Fort Kinnaird on the Friday before they played RC away. I think they were away to meet up with the team to travel up to stay in Dingwall. Observed them for about fifteen minutes and to be honest none of them came across as big time Charlies.

Does anybody think we would have a chance at getting Greg Stewart back, hasn't been very good for the sheep this season or Birmingham last season but he played his best stuff for us and I can't see Birmingham keeping him next season. Him, Wighton and deacon behind Moussa or a new striker would be very good at our level imo

Adblock Detected