The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Gedee

Is There Even One Dfc Fan/Supporter Oot There, Who Felt Parish Was Gonna Save That Penalty?

This Question is for anyone ... At the Game, Watching on TV, or Listening to Commentary.

Eh dinnae put myself forward as an expert on the Fitba front, or having telepathic powers.

But just at the instant the penallty was aboot to be taken, I somehow knew it widnae go in.

Eh want tae ken if anyone felt the same, in the seconds leading up to this. Or wis it jist me.

Think it's a bit late in my life to develop "mysterious gifts & insights" (K.Holt's new recruit?)

Certain goal and 1-1.  I had visions of the mutant running over to the South Enclosure to celebrate.  For me one of the highlights of this season so far as it turned out.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

13 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Certain goal and 1-1.  I had visions of the mutant running over to the South Enclosure to celebrate.  For me one of the highlights of this season so far as it turned out.

I think thats exactly what was going through Imrie’s head as well. The Derry faithful were in Imrie’s case from the start and a penalty with only 5 mins to go would have been the perfect GIRUY for him. 

I think he was concentrating on his celebration rather than the PK itself. 

Similar to NM, I thought here we go again. 

Must admit, I was trying to make the best of them getting a pen by consoling myself that I'd gone 1-1 on the predictor league I do. Don't judge me, I'd rather The Dee got the 3 points than I did. ?

Weel eh guess eh must be the only one here, blessed wi "premonitions"

Aye felt eh wis something "Special"

No.

But when Imrie miss hit it, it was odds on Parish. (As NM stated in his post match iv)

And so it proved.

He had to guess the the correct side and he did. He then had had to make a second save, which he did.

Credit to Parish for a double save.

Credit to Imrie for phucking it up. As highlighted by the SKY slo mo. 

6 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

No.

But when Imrie miss hit it, it was odds on Parish. (As NM stated in his post match iv)

And so it proved.

He had to guess the the correct side and he did. He then had had to make a second save, which he did.

So Imrie phucked it up but didn't kick the ground first?

Credit to Parish for saving a poor penalty is probably the final answer then? Like most of us said right from the start.

6 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

No.

And so it proved.

And as another poster said earlier, Imrie should get the MOM vote !!

(sorry, eh cannae mind wha said it)

7 minutes ago, Gedee said:

And as another poster said earlier, Imrie should get the MOM vote !!

(sorry, eh cannae mind wha said it)

Exactly G.

I said he should get MoM for that miss hit. It was glorious.  

Edited by Dondeh
  • Star Post 1

Sign in to follow this