The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Pre-Match: Ross County (Away, 8th May 2018)

Rate this topic

The Dee travel up north for the second last game of the season. County are still fighting for their survival and and so are we.

Ross County could still win their last few games to leap frog Partick and Hamilton to escape relegation (If Hamilton and Partick lose their last two games).

We are still not mathematically safe even though Partick and Ross County can only equal us on points, but could still nip in with the goal difference. We have a 9 goal advantage over Partick, which means to be really safe, we have to at-least come away with a draw in our last two games to be 100% sure of Premier football next season.

It is important that we keep Schalk quiet as he is a real danger for County.

Hopefully Moussa is back from injury.

We have Meekings, Kusunga, Moussa and O'Hara injured. Deacon was hooked (partly), because he was struggling from his previous injury.

NM also said post match that a number of the the guys were playing with knocks.

Will be interesting to see what sort of a team he can put out in the final 2 games. 

County game is all or nothing for them. I think we will relegate them on the night. Caulker to bullet in the only goal. 

Will be a tough game as County will give a good fight. Think Caulker will miss out and Kusunga to come in. 1-1 draw. 

Can't see Partick beating Motherwell so all is well :)

Thoroughly enjoying our new role of relegating teams. Who needs Europe, this is much more fun.

• Funny 1
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Thoroughly enjoying our new role of relegating teams. Who needs Europe, this is much more fun.

I wouldn't mind trying that Europe thingy again. Could only make the home game against the Albanians last time so willing to give it a go. ?

15 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I wouldn't mind trying that Europe thingy again. Could only make the home game against the Albanians last time so willing to give it a go. ?

Contain yourself Chomp ...You are jist gettin' a bit too excited & over ambitious.

(Awa & hae a wee walk, tae yir wife's allotment and check oot the land & lay-oot)

More than 24 hours to go to kick off and my nerves are jangling. Contemplating making an appointment to see my GPt and getting some meds !!! I should imagine that The Samaratins are going to have a busy evening !!!

Pull yourself together Neil - I sayto myself - everything is going to be just fine ???. It is isn’t it ??. Oh the joys of following Dundee F.C. Come on Dundee !!!

I feel as though we're already safe but you have prepare for the worst in football.

Are these results impossible?

Ross County 2-1 Dundee
Partick 2-1 Motherwell

Dundee 0-1 Partick

It's not unthinkable so we need to try and match County's effort tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I feel as though we're already safe but you have prepare for the worst in football.

Are these results impossible?

Dundee 2-1 Ross County
Partick 2-1 Motherwell

Dundee 0-1 Partick

It's not unthinkable so we need to try and match County's effort tomorrow.

They're not impossible, but I'm not sure what your point is. With those results we're safe at 9.30pm(-ish) tomorrow.

Even if you meant Ross County 2-1 Dundee, we'd still be 5 goals better off than Partick Thistle come 4.45pm(-ish) on Saturday.

It also doesn't account for Hamilton's results. They need to win one of their games to overtake us. 

13 minutes ago, markthedee said:

They're not impossible, but I'm not sure what your point is. With those results we're safe at 9.30pm(-ish) tomorrow.

Even if you meant Ross County 2-1 Dundee, we'd still be 5 goals better off than Partick Thistle come 4.45pm(-ish) on Saturday.

Sorry yeah wasn't thinking. As you say we are looking at an unlikely set of results.

Ross County 2-1 Dundee
Partick 3-0 Motherwell

Dundee 0-3 Partick

Anyone know what would happen if we ended up on the same points and GD as Partick?

16 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Sorry yeah wasn't thinking. As you say we are looking at an unlikely set of results.

Ross County 2-1 Dundee
Partick 3-0 Motherwell

Dundee 0-3 Partick

Anyone know what would happen if we ended up on the same points and GD as Partick?

Goals scored I think 

• Like 1

That Partck result  is possible . Looks like Motherwell have given up in the league .

43 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Ross County 2-1 Dundee
Partick 3-0 Motherwell

Dundee 0-3 Partick

If Hamilton beat Motherwell (perfectly possible in a derby with Motherwell having eyes on the Cup Final) the following set of results could happen (hope not of course!).

Partick 2-0 Motherwell

Ross Co. 2-0 Dundee

Partick would then have to beat us by 3 goals assuming no worse results than above. Not likely I know but those set of circumstances would leave us on the same points as Partick, the same goals difference and the same number of goals scored. The next tiebreaker is points gained against each other in the season; that would be 2 wins each. The next tiebreaker would be goals difference between the two clubs in the four league games; again equal assuming a 3 goal Partick win. Last tiebreaker a one off playoff over 90 minutes at a neutral ground! 

• Like 1

I am no being critical of any of these negative posts, because I am now starting to get real jittery myself ... (wi awe these comlplicated permutaions)

JINGS, LADS & LASSES, WHIT STATE WID WE HAVE AWE BEEN IN HAD WE LOST TO ACCIES ... I think I'll pause for a Big Breath.

• Like 1

Calm down folks we will finish 9th

And just for good measure didn't Livi do well against the wee team

• Love 1
  • Like 3

We will win 1-2 tomorrow night and it’ll be fine

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

I am no being critical of any of these negative posts, because I am now starting to get real jittery myself ... (wi awe these comlplicated permutaions)

JINGS, LADS & LASSES, WHIT STATE WID WE HAVE AWE BEEN IN HAD WE LOST TO ACCIES ... I think I'll pause for a Big Breath.

It's human nature. 

Even when something is 99% certain to (not) happen, we always fixate on the 1%. 

Just looking back on our two world class goals last time we went to Dingwall. Absolutely stunning.

I was sat behind  a very excited Paddy Barclay and another quite famous journalist (whose name I forget). It was absolutely freezing, the away support was incredible, the team were brilliant and some poor Dee smashed his face on a step.

Same again please except a bit warmer and no injuries in the away end.