The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
islaydarkblue

Did The Hamilton Manager Cheat At Yesterday's Game

Rate this topic

It was stated on a another topic that prior to the Hamilton penalty we were awarded a thrown in yet Martin Canning the Hamilton manager threw the ball to one of his own players who took the thrown in leaving our players hopelessly out of position. This bit of cheating resulted in Hamilton winning a penalty which fortunately was saved. 

The referee and the linesman should have known that this was a wrong decision and play should have been brought back to give us our thrown in.

Martin Canning should have received a severe lecture from the referee yet nothing happened.

Sitting in the Main Stand I have previously seen Neil McCann hand the ball to an opposition player to speed up play and try to stop time wasting.

It will be interesting to see if the pundits on tonight’s BBC Sportscene pass a comment about Martin Canning cheating.

In my opionion the SFA Complience Officer should also be investing this incident but as Hamilton Accies are based near Glasgow it is likely that nothing will be done.

10 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

It was stated on a another topic that prior to the Hamilton penalty we were awarded a thrown in yet Martin Canning the Hamilton manager threw the ball to one of his own players who took the thrown in leaving our players hopelessly out of position. This bit of cheating resulted in Hamilton winning a penalty which fortunately was saved. 

The referee and the linesman should have known that this was a wrong decision and play should have been brought back to give us our thrown in.

Martin Canning should have received a severe lecture from the referee yet nothing happened.

Sitting in the Main Stand I have previously seen Neil McCann hand the ball to an opposition player to speed up play and try to stop time wasting.

It will be interesting to see if the pundits on tonight’s BBC Sportscene pass a comment about Martin Canning cheating.

In my opionion the SFA Complience Officer should also be investing this incident but as Hamilton Accies are based near Glasgow it is likely that nothing will be done.

Haven't looked back at this yet, but did anyone notice which way the linesman gave it.

2 hours ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

From my viewpoint it was an Accies throw.

All irrelevant anyway Imrie kicked the ground and missed ?

It was a poster on another topic on this forum who mentioned it and it seems strange that the Dundee players were caught out of position which could have led to  the loss of a least two points. 

Perhaps the pundits on Sportscene will highlight it.

It must be horrible to play against that McKinnon character. He's a nasty piece of work.

10 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Nothing to highlight.

So why did the person who writes the Match report on the club website highlight it. https://www.thedarkblues.co.uk/forums/topic/15921-match-aftermath-dundee-1-0-hamilton-05-may-2018/?page=3

See post Number 61.

Edited by islaydarkblue
More information.

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

It must be horrible to play against that McKinnon character. He's a nasty piece of work.

Yes, I always thought that about him and Imrie, but did you notice, these two were the only Hamilton players showing concern for o,hara when his teeth were knocked out, put me in a dilemma that, because I really want to hate them. :chin:

Edited by Derekgow
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Derekgow said:

Yes, I always thought that about him and Imrie, but did you notice, these two were the only Hamilton players showing concern for o,hara when his teeth were knocked out, put me in a dilemma that, because I really want to hate them. :chin:

Both tough players AKA dirty bassas but these types usually respect others that are prepared to put themselves in there to compete the way that O'Hara and their guy did in that challenge.

5 minutes ago, Derekgow said:

I thought that showed a touch of class from both of them. I actually don't have a problem with the way the both of them play the game. They do whatever it takes to try and keep them up. I wouldn't take McKinnon but I'd sign Imrie if he was available. Plus he's the type of player the Derry would get behind. A bit like McGowan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

Both tough players AKA dirty bassas but these types usually respect others that are prepared to put themselves in there to compete the way that O'Hara and their guy did in that challenge.

Yes, I think you’re right bud, just never thought I would see me giving them my respect, just shows eh!

11 minutes ago, Derekgow said:

Just go with your instict, gut feeling & first thought.

Better to err in this case. And carry on hating them !!

2 minutes ago, steven dee said:

I thought that showed a touch of class from both of them. I actually don't have a problem with the way the both of them play the game. They do whatever it takes to try and keep them up. I wouldn't take McKinnon but I'd sign Imrie if he was available. Plus he's the type of player the Derry would get behind. A bit like McGowan. 

Agreed, completely changed my mind about those two now.

Just now, Gedee said:

Just go with your instict, gut feeling & first thought.

Better to err in this case. And carry on hating them !!

Yes, usually do gedee, but in this case I just can,t:slaphead:

13 minutes ago, Derekgow said:

Yes, usually do gedee, but in this case I just can,t:slaphead:

Noo ye ken fine weel ye can Derek

And the next time they're kicking lumps oot o' some innocent player ...Meh words will come back tae haunt you!!

(Unless of course it is "them" doon the road.

1 minute ago, Gedee said:

Noo ye ken fine weel ye can Derek

And the next time they're kicking lumps oot o' some innocent player ...Meh words will come back tae haunt you!!

(Unless of course it is "them" doon the road.

You’re probably right bud, as usual. :happyyes:

1 minute ago, Derekgow said:

You’re probably right bud, as usual. :happyyes:

You sound like a right, friendly, sociable chappie ....

Wid ye like tae hear aboot the progress o' my current tomato crop? (Tee-hee, only kiddin')

• Funny 1