Sign in to follow this  
Densparker

Sportscene

Rate this topic

As usual there coverage of the game was poor. If any of the bigot bros had been clattered like O'Hara they would have shown extended highlights and extended discussions etc etc.

• Like 1

O'Hara headered the back of Redmond's head. Completely accidental, stop looking for things which aren't there. 

• Funny 1

4 minutes ago, Densparker said:

As usual there coverage of the game was poor. If any of the bigot bros had been clattered like O'Hara they would have shown extended highlights and extended discussions etc etc.

That fact alone really surprised me...Even if they refrained from being judgemental about the incident, that might have been something.

The guy lost three teeth and was in pain for mair than a minute or two...Surely that warranted a memtion or a repeat viewing of incident.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

O'Hara headered the back of Redmond's head. Completely accidental, stop looking for things which aren't there. 

This. Folk try to hard to complain sometimes. 

Cannot recall seeing any of the yellow cards either. It would be good if a journo gave an opinion on some of these hammer throwers. But then they would be banned from that club!

57 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I wasn't looking for anything that wasn't there I was highlighting the fact that Sportscene ignored it. (Even though Hamilton are the dirtiest team in Scotland)!

20 minutes ago, Densparker said:

I wasn't looking for anything that wasn't there I was highlighting the fact that Sportscene ignored it. (Even though Hamilton are the dirtiest team in Scotland)!

You're complaining that a player losing (apparently) three teeth wasn't being shown on tv?

It was an accidental collision, why would you want to rewatch a young laddie lose teeth? 

What do you expect them to say about the whole thing exactly?

• Like 1

O'Hara's injury was shown in the online highlights. I thought that was a simple accident, unlike the other thuggery. The only booking shown was van der Weg's assault on Murray, which looked even worse from the camera above the Derry than it seemed from the back of the Main Stand. It was good to see Neil Robertson in today's Courier calling Hamilton out for their behaviour. I can't be as critical of the opposition tactics on the club website. Neil's comment piece isn't online. He wrote;

Hamilton were in the home side's faces from the first whistle and picked up four yellow cards during the game. They should probably have had even more for some shocking challenges, and it was obvious Accies were determined to win no matter what.

I have a grudging respect for Hamilton, and Imrie. Parish was commenting on Imrie after the game, seems to like his style, and said he tried to put him off before the pen, saying there was a lot of pressure on him. Bloody worked too! 

If they can get away with it, fair play to them. Didn't see a lot of kicking from them on Sat, they were just insipid first half. Improved after that I thought.

Imrie's ok. There have been plenty of Dundee teams over the years who'd have benefited from his ultra-competitive nature. If he'd signed for Dundee he'd probably have been a cult hero for nailing Ciftci with an over the top tackle. He was a decent player a few years ago, but he's toiling at this level now and makes too many mistakes.

Edit; seriously, what true football fan doesn't love a few players in their own team who run themselves into the ground and noise up the opposition?

• Like 5

Imrie's desire and aggression puts points on the board. He's priceless for a club like Hamilton. He is a dirtier player than McGowan but probably just as significant a player.

44 minutes ago, Rumple said:

Imrie's ok. There have been plenty of Dundee teams over the years who'd have benefited from his ultra-competitive nature. If he'd signed for Dundee he'd probably have been a cult hero for nailing Ciftci with an over the top tackle. He was a decent player a few years ago, but he's toiling at this level now and makes too many mistakes.

Edit; seriously, what true football fan doesn't love a few players in their own team who run themselves into the ground and noise up the opposition?

Where's your sense of drama, we need our pantomime villains to boo mate. ?

• Funny 1

Just now, chomp my root said:

Where's your sense of drama, we need our pantomime villains to boo mate. ?

Fair enough. He's a b*****d, but if fate had been different and he'd kicked Dabs he'd have been our b*****d.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rumple said:

Fair enough. He's a b*****d, but if fate had been different and he'd kicked Dabs he'd have been our b*****d.

Yup, we're a fickle bunch. ?

24 minutes ago, Rumple said:

he'd have been our b*****d.

And a very acceptable position for any Dundee Player to be in too.

Imrie is in decline and is a dirty b*****d but a few years ago he was very decent player. Can remember him running the show against us a few times a few years back. 

Would have snapped your hand off for him at dens 4/5 years ago 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

You're complaining that a player losing (apparently) three teeth wasn't being shown on tv?

It was an accidental collision, why would you want to rewatch a young laddie lose teeth? 

What do you expect them to say about the whole thing exactly?

I am just saying that if it was say Dundee v Tic or the Huns and the same thing happened to one of theirs then I am 100% sure that it would have been mentioned at least!

On 07/05/2018 at 09:17, WeighorstsWang said:

Agree and also think if he had headed the ball first off and not let it bounce it wouldn't have happened.

Only got round to watching it this morning, I noticed they had us down as a 4 3 3 with Cammy as RB. Not that it really matters, I think a lot of formations are quite fluid.

On 07/05/2018 at 09:17, WeighorstsWang said:

Look, Redmond should have had eyes in the back of his head and moved out the way when he saw O'Hara. It is Redmond's fault for having a harder head than O'Hara's teeth, and will Redmond be paying his dental bill, of course not...... selfish prick! ?

And don't get me started up how inept Redmond is at jumping, if he had jumped higher O'Hara would have only bitten his shoulder... again, selfish prick! Also, there was no need for Redmond to be in his own box at the time, trying to header a ball that he clearly is incapable of doing. ?

And, he didn't pick up O'Hara's teeth afterwards.... need I say it again... selfish prick! ?

• Like 1