Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

So We're Safe, Now On To Next Season.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Think until the last few games of the season we had the worst record in the league against bottom 6 teams. So well done to NM and the players for showing both fight and skill in beating Saints, Accies and County and unluckily losing to Motherwell (if missing 4/5 chances is unlucky!).

O'Dea and Cammy have really shown what they are made of and been excellent in those games. Holt has also had his best games in a long time in the last 2 matches.

I want my team to be challenging for top 6 next season though. 

So an overhaul of the squad is needed. A couple of goalscoring strikers and a creative, attacking midfielder who knows their way to goal is the first priority. Goalkeeper and left back after that.

Rather than list the players who should not be at Dens next season - these are the guys I am happy to have here next season.

Kerr, Caulker, O'Dea (shown his pedigree last few games and good back up CB after tough start to this season), Gowser, Kamara, Wighton, Deacon (I want to see more from Roarie not just glimpses). Moussa has been turning the corner, and Kusunga is an unknown still but shown he's pretty solid. 

Plenty of promising youngsters to show what they are worth next season too (Lambert, Curran, Piggott, Jeffries, Scott, Henvey).

The rest can go. Albeit Spence and Parish have contracts and can support from the bench.

We need to be single minded about getting quality players in if we are going to compete for top 6, excite the fans and bring back the 1,000 fans who have drifted away in the last couple of seasons. 

Feels churlish to say this when I am happy as hell this morning. But we should be looking for Mulumbu level signings. And aiming to finish above Killie, Well and Saints. 

9 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I will be great to sit in Dens Park on Sat not having to worry whether on not a result will mean we are relegated and now sitting 9 points from safety. These last few weeks have put many Dees through the wringer and I believe many of us have aged a few years prematurely.

I would like to thank the players and the manager for the effort and resolve they have put into these last 4 games. They battled from minute one to the very last and they gave their all, some even playing through the pain barrier. While some of us, the fans, had given up on the team, they certainly didn't give up on us. Credit to them all.

This season has been a learning curve for the manager, but he defiantly never lost faith in what he wanted to do and the way he wants the team to play (Even when the fans were calling for his head). I hope that McCann takes this season and builds on it and uses what he has learned to make us a better team next season.

So, it has been a long hard season, we are still a premier team and we can now look forward to next week and a bit of a party at Dens and enjoy the break. Phew, think we fans deserve it!

DDYB!

Good Day Folks ... While the Love-Pot Overfloweth, and the Happy Emotions have taken on a New Life, I'd like to join in the Thanks ... Of Admin John & All the DFC Fans & Supporters. Thanks to the DFC Manager, Players, fans & supporters, who got their heads down & showed again the grit & determination to make our season finish on a high note .... And remind us again, that together Dundee Football Club have taken another step on their journey. We are moving towards a good place (& eh dinnae jist mean Campie) There is even better to come I believe ... I love Dundee!!

11 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Good Day Folks ... While the Love-Pot Overfloweth, and the Happy Emotions have taken on a New Life, I'd like to join in the Thanks ... Of Admin John & All the DFC Fans & Supporters. Thanks to the DFC Manager, Players, fans & supporters, who got their heads down & showed again the grit & determination to make our season finish on a high note .... And remind us again, that together Dundee Football Club have taken another step on their journey. We are moving towards a good place (& eh dinnae jist mean Campie) There is even better to come I believe ... I love Dundee!!

Well said G. DDYB 

9 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I said I would take 10th position again this season, so I am delighted with 9th place.... 8th next season or should we aim higher?

Slow & steady will do me John ... But maybe no' too slow ... We've also got tae think o' the Auld Buggers on here. Their time might be running oot ... Especially if they are no' wearing warm underclothing !!  (Tee'hee-hee, eh'm at it again)

Hitting the 8 spot next season will be fine for me. But I think finally, we really should be aiming for somewhwere in the Top Six. TBH in such a tough Division, I can handle us finishinh 9th or 10th...But it is the Sweat, Pain, Strain & Jangly Nervous Tension, that goes with it ... Love Dundee.

9 hours ago, Valentke said:

Anything that avoids post March palpitations would do me! 

Oh and a decent cup run.

Yes, this for me, don’t want to go over the top with expectations so, anything really where we’re not worrying about relegation, and slowly building to turn ourselves into a solid top six contender.

9 hours ago, Valentke said:

Anything that avoids post March palpitations would do me! 

Oh and a decent cup run.

Weel Val' ... Maybe it disnae really sound too ambitious, your opening comment.

But TBH, an easier & mair relaxed March (in fitba terms)...wid be jist braw for me.

(Like yir quick casual "add-on" you sneaked in at the end.) OK then...That an awe.

.Our fourth season in the top flight was a bit of a roller coaster.

Some good, some bad and some best forgotten about.

The good thing was the manager stuck to his guns ( despite the fans getting on his back, including me) and the players gave him their all.

I think the key thing is to get players in and out quickly in order that he can work pre season with the squad.

It would also be great to see the stadium project take a leap forward.

29 minutes ago, Derekgow said:

Yes, this for me, don’t want to go over the top with expectations so, anything really where we’re not worrying about relegation, and slowly building to turn ourselves into a solid top six contender.

This is the main point for me as well.  We all need to manage our expectations.  Between now and the start of the season, someone high up in the club is going to come out and say something along the lines of 'we're targeting top 6 again this season'.

A few things

1. Every club in the league outwith the ugly sisters will be saying the same thing (because everyone is targeting a top 6 finish) but

2. What do you want the club to say - 'we'll be happy with 10th this season, so that's what we are targeting'? I can imagine the seethe on here if that happened.

3. For a club at our level, the lack of a top 6 finish should not be seen as automatic failure that inevitably leads to calls for the sacking of the BOD, the manager and most of the playing squad.

We finished 9th this season, which is one place higher than last season.  I'll be over the moon with a top 6 finish next season but the reality is that anything above 9th will be progress.

If we win on Saturday (please make it 4 wins out of 5 and probably our best post split result) then we end with 42 points and a 9th place spot. That is five points better off than last season with two more wins BUT 6 points fewer than 15-16 season (mainly due to only 6 draws v 15) and 3 points fewer than 14-15. However 2014-15 was a league without The Rangers; Hibs or Hearts and 2015-16 still excluded The Rangers and Hibs. So in context is that progress? Probably yes but I believe with good early recruitment in the close season we can kick on. 

Hartley and McCann made some good signings but also some poor ones (like most managers) and it is about percentages. If McCann can bring in 5 players (whilst getting rid of more than that) and 4 turn out to be what is needed then I'm sure we will be challenging for 6th place. Hearts currently in 6th have won the same number of games as us but turned defeats into draws - something we failed to do to readily.

Onwards and upwards on the road to Campy Nou.

"....And Now for Next Season" ...

Maybe be better NOT to get oor hopes too high up, Naebody can tell whit the future might bring.

Some could say, we have been very, very lucky, this season. And relegation could just as easily

be ahead of us at the end of the New Season. New Stadium colapsing. Maybe Administration!!

ONLY KIDDING ...

JIST WANTED TO FIND OOT, HOW IT FELT TO BE ETERNALLY GLOOMY...Jist aboot as daft as being a Happy Clapper:chaplin:

(Hope you didnae mind me using an emoji again It took me FOUR DAYS to reach the bottom of the list to find them...C'mon

Admin John, get back the regular "old ains" Back on the tap whar they belong ...These "new-fangled modern ains are muck)

Adblock Detected