Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

2018 Transfer Rumours

Rate this topic

Rumour on Twitter that we have signed Ross County's Gardyne on a pre contract

2 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

That's been circulating for a wee while, have to wait and see I guess.

I really can't put into words how much I don't want us to sign Michael Gardyne. 

Our ambition for next season, given what we've witnessed in the last two, surely has to be higher than a signing of that calibre.

• Like 2

6 goals in his last 100 games. What would he bring to the team if it's not goals?

Peterborough boss Steve Evans has said that a Scottish club are interested in striker Jack Marriot, who has scored 33 goals this season.

ETA: Just noticed he still has 3yrs left on his contract so I'd imagine that would rule us out.

Edited by Ricky Spanish

Think it's Hibs after Marriott. I got a wee bit excited when I seen they were clearing decks and hoped Morais was one of them. He is, but they're looking for a fee sadly. Reckon he'd do really well up here.

13 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Think it's Hibs after Marriott. I got a wee bit excited when I seen they were clearing decks and hoped Morais was one of them. He is, but they're looking for a fee sadly. Reckon he'd do really well up here.

One of the articles is suggesting only the ugly sisters can afford Marriot as the fee being touted is £5m+. Crystal Palace also said to be interested.

17 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

One of the articles is suggesting only the ugly sisters can afford Marriot as the fee being touted is £5m+. Crystal Palace also said to be interested.

That's an obscene amount of money. Not a hope in hell would he get near Crystal Palace's bench never mind starting line up! 

Could be a replacement for Dembele, right enough.

NM said after the game last night he and the club will now implement a recruitment  drive during  the summer. He will put into operation  plans that have been ongoing during the last 5-6 months.

Fingers and toes crossed that we can keep Kamara and Caulker - head and shoulders above the rest.

Gardyne can gtf.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cobra said:

6 goals in his last 100 games. What would he bring to the team if it's not goals?

He's not a forward. Closer to a Jim McAlister type utility man these days.

I think he could potentially be a decent signing as an older head to plug gaps if he was relatively cheap. A lot of youth in the squad and probably more to come so don't think it's a bad thing.

9 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Closer to a utility man these days.

He'll fit right in in the Stobbie Bar! 

• Funny 1

I think he is usually county's best player against us but he would be a squad player surely and only if cheap would I think a decent addition. 

Gardyne has been a menace to us in past years, but have to admit I am some what under whelmed by what I fear  is more than a rumour.

12 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Dundee are definitely interested in him. He wants to move back to Dundee also. 

He is regularly there top performer against us so I’m puzzled by all the negativity towards him unless we have some RCounty moonlighters amongst us? 

Not the most exciting signing but affordable and potentially a good addition as a squad player. 

3 hours ago, Valentke said:

He is regularly there top performer against us so I’m puzzled by all the negativity towards him unless we have some RCounty moonlighters amongst us? 

Not the most exciting signing but affordable and potentially a good addition as a squad player. 

He's nearly 33, looks to have put on a fair bit of weight, loves the drink and enjoys being recorded pulling his plonker in public. 

Now I've got the good things out the way.. 

• Funny 3

In other words” he is an experienced robust player, who’s energetic style needs frequent liquid replenishment and has the ability to pull off the unexpected” 

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

25 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

He's nearly 33, looks to have put on a fair bit of weight, loves the drink and enjoys being recorded pulling his plonker in public. 

Now I've got the good things out the way.. 

I think we could do much better...

10 hours ago, UWTB1893 said:

Dundee are definitely interested in him. He wants to move back to Dundee’s seaside league club also. 

FTFY

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

FTFY

Yup, his first choice but only if they get up. So.....I guess that ain't happening ?