Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Hamilton Accies

This will not be a popular post with some.

But Hamilton Accies do not get the credit they deserve. On home crowds of about 1000-1500 to be looking forward to a 5th consecutive year in the top flight is absolutely incredible. 

They may be a dirty team but they have every right to be IMO. When it comes to budgetting in the summer, they are at a serious disadvantage so they must do everything they can to stop teams.

And significantly, I cannot stand the whole 'they bring nothing to the league' argument. It is the argument of a moron. I don't even know what it means. They are one of the best 12 teams in the league, they have the right to be there. The number of fans in the stands is completely irrelevant and if it did count for something, we might as well be Old Firm fans. If global giants like Dundee United weren't such a catastrophe in every possible way, they could be one of the top flight teams too. But Hamilton are there on merit.

One of the few away games I can make as well. I'm glad they stayed up. The bottom two both absolutely deserve to go down. Their fans seem to be saying as much.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

This will not be a popular post with some.

But Hamilton Accies do not get the credit they deserve. On home crowds of about 1000-1500 to be looking forward to a 5th consecutive year in the top flight is absolutely incredible. 

They may be a dirty team but they have every right to be IMO. When it comes to budgetting in the summer, they are at a serious disadvantage so they must do everything they can to stop teams.

And significantly, I cannot stand the whole 'they bring nothing to the league' argument. It is the argument of a moron. I don't even know what it means. They are one of the best 12 teams in the league, they have the right to be there. The number of fans in the stands is completely irrelevant and if it did count for something, we might as well be Old Firm fans. If global giants like Dundee United weren't such a catastrophe in every possible way, they could be one of the top flight teams too. But Hamilton are there on merit.

One of the few away games I can make as well. I'm glad they stayed up. The bottom two both absolutely deserve to go down. Their fans seem to be saying as much.

Can't stand them or their crap joke of a pitch

I agree with you tbh. I think there's some gangster sh*t going on and some odd things but the manager is blatantly provided with a budget a good bit below his rivals and he's made it work.

I'm quite relieved that they are still in our league tbh. If nothing else to us, they are a team who will have a lower budget than us and someone who you'd be expecting us to finish above. If Livi come up for one of Ross County (who are a threat on budget alone) or Thistle, you'd be expecting to finish above both sides.

4 hours ago, harry94 said:

I agree with you tbh. I think there's some gangster sh*t going on and some odd things but the manager is blatantly provided with a budget a good bit below his rivals and he's made it work.

I'm quite relieved that they are still in our league tbh. If nothing else to us, they are a team who will have a lower budget than us and someone who you'd be expecting us to finish above. If Livi come up for one of Ross County (who are a threat on budget alone) or Thistle, you'd be expecting to finish above both sides.

Hi Harry,

Hailton keep their costs to a minimum. They rent New Douglas Park only for home games and as a result have no maintenance costs which hit other clubs.

It's the very suspicious 10-2 win against Morton a team they struggled to beat 1-0 a short time before in our promotion year that sticks in the craw.  If we hadn't beaten Dumbarton they would have been promoted.  They won the play offs anyway but I lost all respect for them and Morton for that matter after that.

The OP is correct, of course, that Hamilton have retained their SPL place - yet again - on merit, no matter that it's taken them exactly the same number of games as us, to do so. They've been consistent in doing this, against a good number of 'the odds'....a club that is the living epitome of 'punching above their weight'....sometimes literally. ;)

That doesn't, though, absolve them of being (arguably) the closest thing to 'thuggery' in the senior game, a team who appear to be coached in how to 'spread it out' to minimise red cards, while constantly treading the borderline of 'the laws'...."malice in every challenge", as one of our neighbours described their recent visit. The trouble with this seemingly commonly held opinion amongst opposition fans, of course, is that they do what they're allowed to do, by the match officials, and there is where the problem lies. In this respect, the OP is also correct, that "they must do everything they can to stop teams". There are days when many of us must wish we were a little bit more like that, though maybe not to the same extent. :o

That Partick failed to get even the 1 point last night that they needed to keep their chance of escape (& seeking a big help from Dundee & Motherwell on Saturday) alive, is entirely consistent with their inability to put together an adequate run of results to escape the drop/playoffs. I hope, though, that they might survive via the playoffs, as I have some respect for the club & its role in our game....and because I see them as a club I's always expect to finish below us. I certainly have no desire to see Livi return to the SPL....though that's not a rational desire, it's simply a historic grudge called 'Kachloulgate'. :rant:

I certainly agree with the suggestion that clubs of the size & economics of both Hamilton & Livi are clubs we ought to be expecting to finish above. We are also where we are on the merits of an entire season....we have no 'right' to be higher, unless we earn it. About time we did, isn't it?  

4 hours ago, Mev said:

It's the very suspicious 10-2 win against Morton a team they struggled to beat 1-0 a short time before in our promotion year that sticks in the craw.  If we hadn't beaten Dumbarton they would have been promoted.  They won the play offs anyway but I lost all respect for them and Morton for that matter after that.

I understand why fans would have it in for a Morton side that chucked it. Had we drawn against Dumbarton I think it would've been a huge story. That was a genuine disgrace that they should've been fined for. 

But, unless you genuinely think some cash in a brown envelope was exchanged  before the match, I don't know how you can fault accies for scoring 10.  

11 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

That doesh, absolve them of being (arguably) the closest thing to 'thuggery' in the senior game, a team who appear to be coached in how to 'spread it out' to minimise red cards, while constantly treading the borderline of 'the laws'...."malice in every challenge", as one of our neighbours described their recent visit. The trouble with this seemingly commonly held opinion amongst opposition fans, of course, is that they do what they're allowed to do, by the match officials, and there is where the problem lies. In this respect, the OP is also correct, that "they must do everything they can to stop teams". There are days when many of us must wish we were a little bit more like that, though maybe not to the same extent. :o

8 red cards this season. No one else has more than 5. Not sure they're getting away with it. 

It'll be the same next season. Teams have to keep the head and beat them. Our win in January was a great example of that. 

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

8 red cards this season. No one else has more than 5. Not sure they're getting away with it. 

It'll be the same next season. Teams have to keep the head and beat them. Our win in January was a great example of that. 

I think they could easily have had 8 reds in our 4 matches with them....and I think they're getting away with it, big time :happyyes:

....but they cause an irrational & very illogical pathological hatred in me  :spock: 

31 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Since 2014... f**k Hamilton.....

I want them to get relegated and spend the next few 100 years in the lowers leagues for the p**h they pulled with that 10 - 2. 

Should it not be Greenock Morton that you’re still fizzing with?

Adblock Detected