Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Hamilton Accies

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
6 hours ago, Mev said:

It's the very suspicious 10-2 win against Morton a team they struggled to beat 1-0 a short time before in our promotion year that sticks in the craw.  If we hadn't beaten Dumbarton they would have been promoted.  They won the play offs anyway but I lost all respect for them and Morton for that matter after that.

What do you suspect Hamilton “done”?

I If there’s any aspersions being cast about what went on that day, surely they should be going the way of Morton?

11 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Both of them.....

The both conspired with each other, I will never believe that a team needing 8 goals will win 10-2 by any other means other than cheating.

It’s was all on Morton IMO. The end of the season couldn’t come quick enough for them. They were already relegated, finishing about 14 points behind two part-time outfits. They’d given up completely and put in a completely unprofessional and disgraceful performance.  

If the match was thrown to produce a result that emphatic and notable, there’s no way it wouldn’t have been uncovered.

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

I understand why fans would have it in for a Morton side that chucked it. Had we drawn against Dumbarton I think it would've been a huge story. That was a genuine disgrace that they should've been fined for. 

But, unless you genuinely think some cash in a brown envelope was exchanged  before the match, I don't know how you can fault accies for scoring 10.  

I previously posted on another topic that I told the Morton director who I happened to speak to on Islay in February 2017 that the 10-2 result was a fix. He gave me some bulls**t that the Morton players were unhappy about their manager Kenny Shiels being awarded a new contract earlier that week and they made the feelings known on the pitch. 

I told him that I did not believe that excuse. To my dying day I would believe that the 10-2 result was a fix and nothing would change my mind.

7 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

To my dying day I would believe that the 10-2 result was a fix and nothing would change my mind.

Ok so what happened? How much was exchanged? Was the ref involved in this cos Morton had a penalty that day but missed it? Was that part of that plan? 

The director's explanation makes far more sense that the Derry conspiracy theorists. Hamilton did nothing wrong. 

7 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Should it not be Greenock Morton that you’re still fizzing with?

You are probably right there Boba...

But unless you are "blessed" with unusually high levels of "HATRED"

(Keep up the guid work John)...You are better tae ration it oot:chaplin:

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Ok so what happened? How much was exchanged? Was the ref involved in this cos Morton had a penalty that day but missed it? Was that part of that plan? 

The director's explanation makes far more sense that the Derry conspiracy theorists. Hamilton did nothing wrong. 

Not sure why you bother mate, let them work themselves up over it if they want to.

691c0ce32d038795e96062d95329921d5e9205ee

I quite like Hamilton. It's a shithole, there's always a bit of tension in the air. It's exactly the same as Greenock. Both are filled with Rangers supporters. Had some brilliant days out at both but when push comes to shove, I've had great days out in Laurencekirk, Huntly and Brechin too. I don't want them anywhere near this league as their teams are god awful for this standard and they set out to destroy the game from the get go. 

54 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Not sure why you bother mate, let them work themselves up over it if they want to.

691c0ce32d038795e96062d95329921d5e9205ee

Thank god Chomp we've got Mods like yourself,

To bring back some sanity to this thread.

Eh blame it on these Young Upstarts:chaplin:

Never liked Hamilton because they seem to have a higher proportion of scummy fans than other teams. Plus their team is full of thugs. Well McKinnon and Imrie anyway. I think there has become a bit of a grudge formed between us and them because we've been more closely matched with them than any other club in the last few years. Personally I'd be happy to see the back of them for a while for all those reasons.

The 10-2 was a joke but I blame Morton for that. Their players had clearly just downed tools and came up against a good side who were going all out for goal after goal. Usually a team would relax after going 3/4 goals ahead but obviously given the circumstances Hamilton weren't going to do that. If you go out knowing you need to score x amount of goals then it can happen. See how the best defences in the world have folded under pressure in the champions league this season for evidence of that.

I am certain there was no mass conspiracy of match fixing. Not worth it for anyone especially considering it was unlikely Dundee wouldn't beat Dumbarton.

OK -  a team wins 10-2 on a day when they need to win by 8 goals against a reasonably competent side and everything was above board and neither side did anything in the slightest wrong. I'm not saying anything illegal or corrupt went on but...

5 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

I told the Morton director that it was very suspicious that Imrie who had signed to play for Hamilton the next season required two more goals for Morton to reach his target for that season which he duly did in the 10-2 match and Hamilton scored ten goals with the required eight goal difference.

In my opionion the Morton chairman sacked Kenny Shiels after the game to make sure that Shiels was not a Morton employee should there be an enquiry a few days after the game. Shiels would be ‘out of sight out of mind’.

There was obviously no suspicious betting on this match otherwise there would have been a full investigation into the result and whether bribery had been involved prior to the game.

Sadly we will never know but if a scoreline like this had affected either Rangers or Celtic you can be sure that the Scottish Football authorities would have been ‘jumping through hoops’ to find out if bribery had been involved to fix the result.

Adblock Detected