The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Double Blue

Gardyne

Rate this topic

Both us and the Arabs after him according to the back page of the Tele. Do we want someone that they are interested in? ?

Think I speak for many Dees:

Gardyne, f**k off. 

• Love 1

Will be 33 next season plus he’s not that good. It’s a no from me 

6 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Will be 33 next season plus he’s not that good. It’s a no from me 

Yep, maybe 3 or 4 years ago - and that's a less than enthusiastic 'maybe'.

• Like 1

Nope. He's been ineffective this season when I've seen him at least. He'll not be getting any better being another year older next season.

We need better than this for us to move on ...

Would be a horror signing , god I hope this isn't true

7 minutes ago, charliedee said:

We need better than this for us to move on ...

Yep. Even Murray is better than him.

I also feel if the club and McCann are serious about pushing on and challenging for the top 6, and decent cup runs, then players of higher calibre than Gardyne are required. It was in the Tele so it might just be made-up p**h.

I think I'm the only one who thinks that this could actually work out to be a good signing ?

Positions he's played in this season - 0X9wWrn.png

We've not had someone since McAlister who can fill in around the park in that sort of way. I'm sure he'd look bang average but he'll be cheap, is experienced and can potentially save us from needing to go out and sign multiple players.

I am a big fan of how the club is going in recruiting youthful assets but there have been plenty of games this year where I think an older pro could maybe have been useful to come in and help with game management.

He could be our version of Dougie Imrie.

• Like 4

Be in the Tully as he'll be hoping it forces united to go for him.

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I think I'm the only one who thinks that this could actually work out to be a good signing ?

We've not had someone since McAlister who can fill in around the park in that sort of way. I'm sure he'd look bang average but he'll be cheap, is experienced and can potentially save us from needing to go out and sign multiple players.

I am a big fan of how the club is going in recruiting youthful assets but there have been plenty of games this year where I think an older pro could maybe have been useful to come in and help with game management.

Harry.... 

give your self a slap son lol

in all seriousness, he hasn’t done much in the past few years where he has performed below average and is a poor player in an even poorer County side. 

I don't anything about him but I think NM is trying to build a younger squad, therefore I don't think he would be on NM's radar.

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

You're maybe 'gilding' it more than I feel but I do think he could be useful as a squad player. 

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

Seriously Harry? Come on man!

I suppose it all depends on the balance of the squad and the players he has around him but if we’re going to progress we surely need better than Michael Gardyne.