Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Gardyne

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
32 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

I’m willing to bet my left testi that we will be signing no one from soon to be relegated Ross County.

Even McCann isn’t that daft.

Now that really is 'putting your balls on the line' (re Cobra's post about Weighorst's 'we'll be safe' prediction)

Don't envy your predicament if NM announces Gardyne as his first PCA signing on Monday, if County go down today :o  

....I can hear sound of the knives on the grindstone already :)  

I hope you're right though.....but my property is too valuable to me to offer to support your bet!

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 17:26, harry94 said:

I think I'm the only one who thinks that this could actually work out to be a good signing ?

Positions he's played in this season - 0X9wWrn.png

We've not had someone since McAlister who can fill in around the park in that sort of way. I'm sure he'd look bang average but he'll be cheap, is experienced and can potentially save us from needing to go out and sign multiple players.

I am a big fan of how the club is going in recruiting youthful assets but there have been plenty of games this year where I think an older pro could maybe have been useful to come in and help with game management.

He could be our version of Dougie Imrie.

Had to reply to this. Haven't been on here for ages but was thinking more or less what you've posted. The Imrie comparison is spot on. We also saw how much we fell out of the game when Gowser went off on Saturday and then tried various players in different positions to try and get back in. Gardyne would be a cheap alternative and a Gower type, a bit of a grafter and full of experience.

On 10/05/2018 at 17:26, harry94 said:

I think I'm the only one who thinks that this could actually work out to be a good signing ?

Positions he's played in this season - 0X9wWrn.png

We've not had someone since McAlister who can fill in around the park in that sort of way. I'm sure he'd look bang average but he'll be cheap, is experienced and can potentially save us from needing to go out and sign multiple players.

I am a big fan of how the club is going in recruiting youthful assets but there have been plenty of games this year where I think an older pro could maybe have been useful to come in and help with game management.

He could be our version of Dougie Imrie.

Gardyne would be invaluable if he can slot in all over the park and do a decent job. He doesn't need to be a world beater. McAlister played more than anyone else when we finished top six. If we can bring in somebody of that ilk I'd be very happy.

My initial thoughts were quite negative, but I am starting to warm to the idea of having a player with such versatility.

(Good to see you back Rev. Hope you took something from your wee break. Feeling replenished, & ready for action)

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

Gardyne would be invaluable if he can slot in all over the park and do a decent job. He doesn't need to be a world beater. McAlister played more than anyone else when we finished top six. If we can bring in somebody of that ilk I'd be very happy.

McAlister is available after being released from Blackpool. I doubt he'd reappear here now though

29 minutes ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

McAlister is available after being released from Blackpool. I doubt he'd reappear here now though

Interesting. Might be worth considering.

Some Dees think we should be aiming higher but Dundee will probably never have an entire squad or team playing at a higher level than McAlister and Gardyne. We'll always need limited workmanlike players to some extent. In Scottish football those guys can sometimes make the difference when there's a shortage of quality and you need to dig out results.

Adblock Detected