The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Neil Cameron

Next Season.

Rate this topic

There is no doubt we need to improve next season. My nerves can’t take another like this one. We must try our hardest to keep Glen Kamara and Steven Caulker otherwise imo we will struggle. It’s all very well getting good fees for them but who will be able to replace them of the same quality.. Hope that I am proved wrong.

The way the club handled the Caulker deal and how we have understood his issues and managed him will have done us the world of good. IF Caulker leaves over the summer it will be with only good things to say about his time at Dens, given his stature in the game we have someone there that will recommend a deal at Dens to players that are above our level. The same thing with Kamara, if he goes onto a higher level he will tell players that Dundee is a good team to play for.

If we are trying to bring in players from a higher level it is important that they know we treat players in the right way.

Who should we be looking at trying to get for a season long loan deal?

Michael McGovern - Norwich

Jason Denayer - Man City

Ryan Gauld - Sporting Lisbon

Jordan Rhodes - Sheff Wed

Leigh Griffiths - Celtic

Maybe I'm dreaming but one or two good quality loan signings along with developing our own players might be the way to go. Any one of them would improve our team, who knows how we could fund it but who would have thought we could fund the Caulker deal

3 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

The way the club handled the Caulker deal and how we have understood his issues and managed him will have done us the world of good. IF Caulker leaves over the summer it will be with only good things to say about his time at Dens, given his stature in the game we have someone there that will recommend a deal at Dens to players that are above our level. The same thing with Kamara, if he goes onto a higher level he will tell players that Dundee is a good team to play for.

If we are trying to bring in players from a higher level it is important that they know we treat players in the right way.

Jason Denayer - Man City

Leigh Griffiths - Celtic

Maybe I'm dreaming but one or two good quality loan signings along with developing our own players might be the way to go.

Great choices Harold but I reckon the only one of them we could possible get is McGovern. 

1 minute ago, steven dee said:

Great choices Harold but I reckon the only one of them we could possible get is McGovern. 

I would be happy with McGovern, a definite improvement on Parish.

There are quality players out there that aren't getting game time at their own clubs, if we can offer the right deal we might get one or two in.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

Jason Denayer - Man City

Leigh Griffiths - Celtic

Maybe I'm dreaming but one or two good quality loan signings along with developing our own players might be the way to go. Any one of them would improve our team, who knows how we could fund it but who would have thought we could fund the Caulker deal

Not convinced we could afford the wages of any of them mate.

I bought my season ticket out of duty and loyalty. Was rarely entertained or excited this season and really hope we can bring in better players and move on the dead wood, journeymen and those who cannot improve.

please excite me next season DFC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harold Finch said:

Jason Denayer - Man City

Leigh Griffiths - Celtic

You are dreaming mate but nothing wrong with that. 

25 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

You are dreaming mate but nothing wrong with that. 

I'm no sure whit Club he Managed  ... But wis it no that lad Shakespeare, wha said ... "Perchance to Dream"

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, Neil Cameron said:

There is no doubt we need to improve next season. My nerves can’t take another like this one. We must try our hardest to keep Glen Kamara and Steven Caulker otherwise imo we will struggle. It’s all very well getting good fees for them but who will be able to replace them of the same quality.. Hope that I am proved wrong.

Can we keep our best players? Can we offload our under-performing players? Can we make some shrewd signings? Will be able to defend well and compete in midfield? Will we be able to create chances and put them away? Can we finish top six and avoid the drop? Can we get to Hampden?

Six or seven clubs will be asking the same questions. There's little point fretting about it now. Other clubs are wondering... "How the hell do we get out of the Championship?" and that really is something worry about.

McCann will have a full season under his belt and the league might be a bit weaker so I expect us to get to get another 8th/9th/10th finish or hopefully better.

I thought we were shocking today, as bad as anything that we have witnessed this season.

Our lack of teamwork, bad passing, slow build up was very depressing.

Even allowing for the dead rubber, we were bloody awful.

Apart from Kerr, Kasunga, Gowser, Kamara and Murray, the rest who appeared today could be offloaded tonight and nobody would care.

Even McCann looked disinterested by the end, this is not the way to sell season tickets.

• Like 3

We lost Hendry thought bad business then brought in Caulker dont dispair guy live in hope we have been doing that for a long long time keep The Faith LOL

4 hours ago, Harold Finch said:

Jason Denayer - Man City

Leigh Griffiths - Celtic

Nothing wrong with dreaming but would love all of the above 

The reality is we could not beat one of the worst teams to visit Dens this season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

The reality is we could not beat one of the worst teams to visit Dens this season.

That's a bit like saying we couldn't beat Arbroath in a friendly. The game didn't really matter so you can't read too much into the result.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cobra said:

That's a bit like saying we couldn't beat Arbroath in a friendly. The game didn't really matter so you can't read too much into the result.

Sorry Cobra disagree. It did matter. Our fans needed to be entertained and sent happily on their way thinking positively about buying an ST for next season. This game didn't matter attitude is exactly what's wrong with football. It matters to their supporters because they have paid good money to be part of an entertaining game.

• Like 5
  • Star Post 2

5 hours ago, Harold Finch said:

Jason Denayer - Man City

Leigh Griffiths - Celtic

Those names are absolutely ridiculous. Theres being hopeful, then theres being delusional beyond all belief. Griffiths, Gauld or Denayer at Dens, thats absolutely comical. While its silly season, we can win the league next season, then win the champions league the following season, I can really see it happening, we are the Dee, feel the #Dee.

24 minutes ago, BCram said:

Sorry Cobra disagree. It did matter. Our fans needed to be entertained and sent happily on their way thinking positively about buying an ST for next season. This game didn't matter attitude is exactly what's wrong with football. It matters to their supporters because they have paid good money to be part of an entertaining game.

Of course it mattered BCram in the sense the home support deserved a win and a good performance to end what has been a pretty bleak season but the result wasn't going to change our league position.

Bayern Munich were humped 4-1 at home today by Stuttgart. Bayern had nothing at stake and Stuttgart were fighting to a European football. That's football. It's easy to say "give 100%" but it's hard putting that into practice against a team fighting for something if your league position is sorted.

The manager and players deserve a lot of criticism for their performances at Dens this season but I don't think we need to dwell too much on this game.

At least we avoided embarrassment like in previous dead rubbers e.g. 4-0 at Inverness and 4-0 at Hamilton. We could have actually won the game. Murray should have scored his first Dens goal. Had that gone in I think Partick would have folded.

• Like 1

Who are we to say what is and isn't a ridiculous signing target after Steven Caulker became a dark blue?

Even if someone does have an unrealistic suggestion, so what. Shooting folk down for having an opinion is hardly going to encourage them to post.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Barrs said:

Those names are absolutely ridiculous. Theres being hopeful, then theres being delusional beyond all belief. Griffiths, Gauld or Denayer at Dens, thats absolutely comical. While its silly season, we can win the league next season, then win the champions league the following season, I can really see it happening, we are the Dee, feel the #Dee.

Maybe we should aim for Schalk from the related Ross County or Crawford from Hamilton that finished below us, they will push us up the league.

Griffiths is an ex Dee, Gauld an ex arab that may well end up back in Scotland so why not at Dens?

We would never have thought the Caulker would sign for us, let's aim a little higher than we have in recent seasons, bring in a couple of quality players that will make a difference

The league title and Champions League trophy will look mighty fine in the trophy room at the new stadium, I'm buying into your two year plan #believewithbarrs

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BCram said:

Like yourself BC, (& Spirit & I'm sure a few others) I think it did matter.

It's right I think, that those who regularly buy season tickets, are NOT going to base their decision on one of the "end of season games" But last impressions (like first impressions) linger in the mind ...And if this had been an all-out, spirited, buoyant, entertaining, winning performance, from the DFC players, it might have tipped the scales for a few more tickets being sold.

Some supporters will have left yesterday's game feeling they watched an uninspiring performance and thought,

Dear me, or F*** this !! How many more game like that wilI be forced to endure next season, if I buy a S.T now !!

Others know I cannot attend live games, & yesterday I'm basing what I saw on Alba. I am not intentionally trying

to be negative, or discourage others, not to buy S.T.'s ... But in this case, I am trying to be, honest & realistic ...

And my views here are based on what I saw & how I interpreted it (albeit it was a "make-do team of players)

C'mon the Dee ...And We (& you) know you can do better. Dundee City is Dark Blue & We are Premiership :wub: