Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McCann

Cobra

McCann's first year  

120 members have voted

1. 1. How would you describe McCann's first full season in management?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Took me a little while to decide between a mixed bag and poor, but in the end, the last few weeks don't quite wipe out what has been a real struggle for me.

I found it interesting that in a separate thread that someone else mentioned the great performances away from home that delivered very few points, but as a mainly home only supporter these days, the performances and results at Dens have been below par by quite some way and I really haven't enjoyed going to games much at all.

It took way too long for the McCann way to bed in and even then, after the split we had to basically ditch it and get more industrial to get over the line. 

It certainly could have been much worse, but for me the difference between last season and this is marginal and all that with, overall, a better pool of players.

Next season is the test though. I think we should call an end to blaming Hartley for anything that goes on and take what happens on its own merits. 

Sorry if that's all super negative. Time to move on.

Thought he looked very demoralised by the end of today's game, I wonder if he's having second thoughts about the gig?

He had a real go at the stand side linesman and gave the stand punters his feck you stare, which is pretty negative.

I think he will come good if he gets in some good midfielders and forwards.

If it's more toothless types, then I doubt if it will be much different next season.

3 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Thought he looked very demoralised by the end of today's game, I wonder if he's having second thoughts about the gig?

He had a real go at the stand side linesman and gave the stand punters his feck you stare, which is pretty negative.

I think he will come good if he gets in some good midfielders and forwards.

If it's more toothless types, then I doubt if it will be much different next season.

Will be disappointed with today's performance I would imagine.

Hartley was a dead man walking at the end of his tenure, McCann is no improvement, probably worse.

Delusionists will point to Hendry, Kamara and Caulker and say all things are good, while ignoring the very obvious negatives.

I find it quite hard to assess McCann over the whole season without talking about three distinct periods. From the opening day to the November break we had a couple of good wins against St Johnstone and Hearts but overall we were pretty shocking. Shambolic at the back and profligate up front.

On 4th November we lost 2-1 at Easter Road and their winner was typical of us at that time. Our defence switched off and Murray had the simple task of tapping home. We were rock bottom going into the international break and I feared the worst.

Something changed though during that break. We got our act together at the back, kept a clean sheet v Killie and until the end of January we were the fifth best team in the league (in terms of picking up points).

Deadline day changed everything though. After good results in the league and cup we got rid of Allan and Hendry, suffered a horrific 4-1 home defeat to County and suddenly looked in danger of the drop once again. Caulker came in which gave us a real lift and in the end we comfortably avoided the drop, but it was a nervy end to the season.

If we produce that November-January run over a whole season we could find ourselves pushing for Europe. Then again, us at our worst and we could end up relegated.

I'm hoping that McCann has learned a lot about himself and the team in the last 12 months and next season will be very different, with us tighter at the back and sharper up front. 

I think he may be regretting giving up the Sky gig in all honesty. Being the manager of Dundee is a thankless task. A proportion of our so called fans live in an alternative universe to myself. We managed to finish 9th with a game to spare, yet some still felt the need to vilify the manager and some of the players today. I sit in the Coxy so can only comment on what I hear in there, but some "supporters" really need to find something else to do, when we are at home, because they obviously are only there to criticise. We had an under strength team today and introduced a couple of development players, which I thought was the right thing to do, given that we were safe, but some were still not happy with that. I heard one guy behind me say, "get Deacon off he's f**cking shyte and bring El Bak on. El Bak comes on and within 5 mins he was criticising the substitution. TBH I'm chunt sick of some of the comments I hear from some of our fans. God knows what the players and management think.

6 hours ago, skullduggery said:

I think he may be regretting giving up the Sky gig in all honesty. Being the manager of Dundee is a thankless task. A proportion of our so called fans live in an alternative universe to myself. We managed to finish 9th with a game to spare, yet some still felt the need to vilify the manager and some of the players today. I sit in the Coxy so can only comment on what I hear in there, but some "supporters" really need to find something else to do, when we are at home, because they obviously are only there to criticise. We had an under strength team today and introduced a couple of development players, which I thought was the right thing to do, given that we were safe, but some were still not happy with that. I heard one guy behind me say, "get Deacon off he's f**cking shyte and bring El Bak on. El Bak comes on and within 5 mins he was criticising the substitution. TBH I'm chunt sick of some of the comments I hear from some of our fans. God knows what the players and management think.

Sorry I can't sit back and let you put the blame at the supporters door, the same guys that have saved the club twice.

Yesterday we witnessed a total shambles, everything that was bad in football was there for all to see.

If your happy to sit and watch a team that cannot display the very basic skills required, then that's fine for you.

A lot of us object to paying high ticket prices for the privilege of watching anti football and feel entitled to voice our displeasure.

Adblock Detected