Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McCann

Cobra

McCann's first year  

120 members have voted

1. 1. How would you describe McCann's first full season in management?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I think it is a mixed bag. I like his determination to play football though I am not sure we have enough players to do it that way. His changing of teams week in week out has caused me to wonder if he knew what he wanted. He has had some good signings and some dodgy ones, like most managers. I think the summer will be a turning point as his signings must make a difference. That being said as a business with the sale of Henry and sale of season tickets I suspect it will be a better end of year results than previously and we are a place up on last year so progress. 

3 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--lqYjLFQ94U/UjEyxRKu8AI/AAAAAAAABwg/fjaYBY5yaJ8/s1600/watching-you.gif

And jist when eh thought it wis safe, tae sneak  oot again ...... There's only a skeleton staff on the Special

Wards at the Weekend (NHS cutbacks) eh come on here tae see meh freends & they're oot keekin at me :ph34r:

16/17 v 17/18

position: 10th v 9th ( ict/hibs)

GD: -24 v -22

league Cup: group stage v quarter final

scottish cup: 3rd round v 4th round

net transfer income: minimal v > £1 million.

As I posted earlier a mixed bag but as gunboat would say FACTS tell a story of mild improvement. 

16 minutes ago, skullduggery said:

Thanks I knew you had to be getting me mixed up with someone else.?

I am not sure, eh like the direction this thread is going Skull' :wacko:

But on the other hand as a rocket we're up there wi' the stars ;)

I voted for a mixed bag.

Yesterday I was sitting in the Main Stand and I never heard anyone shouting abuse at Neil McCann. It was a typical end of season game where we had nothing at stake and thanks to injuries had to play a makeshift team.

NM has had the whole of this season to decide who is going to offer a new contract to and which players he is happy to,let go on to pastures new. He also now has the opportunity to get rid of all the ‘out of contract’ players who are on loan elsewhere. This should free up funds for next season’s playing budget.

Hopefully NM will sign players who can play his system. We badly need a proven goal scorer plus another player in the Paul McGowan mould. We were very poor yesterday after Gowser went off injured. 

Finally. I hope that NM will stop tinkering with the team formation from week to week.

Mixed bag. Some good wins, some horrendous ones. The positive performances generally came against the better teams in the league. We struggled badly, particularly at home, against the teams around us. It should be possible to address that for next season.

Transfer dealings were generally good in the summer. All signings bar Wolters made a worthwhile contribution IMO. But then January was a disaster. The last minute panic signing of Simon Murray suggested we didn't really have any clear strategy of players we wanted to bring in. There has been a lot of talk about plans McCann has put in place for next seasons signing targets so I'm intrigued to see what they deliver.

100% there has been improvements on last season. I don't think it should be forgotten that the league was definitely tougher this year with Hibs replacing Inverness.

Overall McCann has done enough to get my backing going into next season. We need a fast start though. Correct recruitment will be vital. Realistically signing a good goal scoring striker will be the difference again between having a good season and a bad season.

Adblock Detected