Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McCann

Cobra

McCann's first year  

120 members have voted

1. 1. How would you describe McCann's first full season in management?

5 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

Mixed bag. Some good wins, some horrendous ones. The positive performances generally came against the better teams in the league. We struggled badly, particularly at home, against the teams around us. It should be possible to address that for next season.

Transfer dealings were generally good in the summer. All signings bar Wolters made a worthwhile contribution IMO. But then January was a disaster. The last minute panic signing of Simon Murray suggested we didn't really have any clear strategy of players we wanted to bring in. There has been a lot of talk about plans McCann has put in place for next seasons signing targets so I'm intrigued to see what they deliver.

100% there has been improvements on last season. I don't think it should be forgotten that the league was definitely tougher this year with Hibs replacing Inverness.

Overall McCann has done enough to get my backing going into next season. We need a fast start though. Correct recruitment will be vital. Realistically signing a good goal scoring striker will be the difference again between having a good season and a bad season.

Overall I find little to disagree in your post there E-D ... On Simon Murray. I feel he was never really .... A "thought-through planned" signing.

More a case of being "chucked into the mix" to make up the numbers I felt. And I would be really surprised if he did not find that personally,

hurting & insulting, to be used in that manner. Think he's done enough to be with us & he needs no sympathy from me. But Guid Luck son.

Wolters? ...Sorry, he can go. Could be totally wrong, but I get the impression, he thinks fitba gets in the way o' his guid social life at times.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Poor.
Think avoiding bottom 2 with 1 game to spare is poor

However im hopeful that its been a lesson learnt this season and it was his first season in charge of being a manager.
The recruitment should be better as in replacing those who are leaving and could have a better 2nd season , only worry so far with NM is he does seem stubborn tho think with a good number out and better replacements should be better season 

I have to admit early on in the season and as far back as October i was calling for Mccann's head, for the first part of the season most of the performances were poor while the substitutions and tactics were bizarre, but what do i know because after a difficult transfer window, you have to give Mccann credit in bringing in Caulker and over the last couple of months the team has started to look a lot more balanced.  I'd say now i'm more than happy for him to stay on, because whilst there has been some signings that haven't paid off there has been some very good signings that even if they go in the transfer window they should go for good money.  Fair play to him, kept us up but will be tougher next season, i hope he does well.

MM, now with his first season safely behind him, will be feeling more confident for next season. I think, although he is possiblly like PH, with a hard work ethic & will keep himself busy & involved in the close season, he will make the time to reflect on the season gone by ... His high points & his low points, the good decisions and (being kind) those maybe less so.

He will (& he does) set himself & his players a high standard. And frankly as he enters his second season,

so will DFC fans & supporters. They have not been slow in criticising & next season will be no different:chaplin:

Has kept us in the top flight 2 seasons on the trot and 1 place better than last season. 

- The first time from an almost impossible situation (given what had gone before).

- The second time with the BoD allowing him a big squad. The January transfer window, (I still reckon almost cost us our league status), was it not for the Gaffer relenting on his earlier sworn footballing philosophy at the 11th hour.

Looks like he has learned that we cant play certain teams off the park.

All the very best for next season Neil.

Adblock Detected