The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
troodee1893

Who Is and Isn't Out of Contract?

Rate this topic

Apologies if there has been postings on this before in another or other threads but does anyone have up to date info on who is out of contract and who is still contracted to the club. No doubt there are still a few we will have to hang on to that would be as well away but hopefully not too many!

21 minutes ago, troodee1893 said:

Apologies if there has been postings on this before in another or other threads but does anyone have up to date info on who is out of contract and who is still contracted to the club. No doubt there are still a few we will have to hang on to that would be as well away but hopefully not too many!

It's always good to get an update on this trodee ... (especially for auld ains like mehsel) who's likely to forget, what's what !!

& I hope in responses, it wont be going off-topic, if some posters  comment on, Players who we must keep & those who go.

Know it's becoming a bit o' a cliche. But eh would like to see a tight, squad (Quality over Quantity) & make use of young lads.

There's 6 players on our books that have 1 season left on their contracts who I feel aren't up to the standard required and like season past this could hamper us again.Moussa,Wolters,Deacon,Haber,El Bak and Vincent.

8 minutes ago, Hacienda Queue said:

There's 6 players on our books that have 1 season left on their contracts who I feel aren't up to the standard required and like season past this could hamper us again.Moussa,Wolters,Deacon,Haber,El Bak and Vincent.

Moussa is no' everyone's cup o' tea, especially if he is there as ooor main goal scorer. But personally I am no' ready to put him on the "Off-List" His stature & presence, makes him akward. And I think opposition players (maybe mainly because of his size) see him as a real threat, and one to look out for.

(Also he looks like a Big Cheery Lump) .... Hope you appreciate my professiona approach:chaplin:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Is it true Holt's away to St Murn?

A Guid Question WW...

Somebody must ken !!

Me & Margaret & Meh Tomarto Plants wid rest a lot easier if we kent whar he is.

(OK, eh dinnae want nae insults, warning, death threats, so going back on topic)

K. HOLT MUST STAY.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Is it true Holt's away to St Murn?

I fear so - heard he’d been talking to them a couple of months ago - much nearer to home for the boy I guess. If jack Ross moves as expected tho - maybe won’t happen

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

Moussa is no' everyone's cup o' tea, especially if he is there as ooor main goal scorer. But personally I am no' ready to put him on the "Off-List" His stature & presence, makes him akward. And I think opposition players (maybe mainly because of his size) see him as a real threat, and one to look out for.

(Also he looks like a Big Cheery Lump) .... Hope you appreciate my professiona approach:chaplin:

Get what you're saying Gedee as he finished the season better than he started it.Feel we could do better though.Would like him to succeed as he's an honest type.

50 minutes ago, Gedee said:

A Guid Question WW...

Somebody must ken !!

Me & Margaret & Meh Tomarto Plants wid rest a lot easier if we kent whar he is.

(OK, eh dinnae want nae insults, warning, death threats, so going back on topic)

K. HOLT MUST STAY.

Even for the sake of those wee red globes of loveliness, I want KH to stay. 

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Hacienda Queue said:

Moussa was starting to look a bit better before he got injured. Deacon has been good at times. El Bak you're probably right. Wolters, Haber and Vincent definitely. Haber seems to have a 'billy big baws' attitude when he's not actually that good and doesn't even apply himself.

4 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Moussa was starting to look a bit better before he got injured. Deacon has been good at times. El Bak you're probably right. Wolters, Haber and Vincent definitely. Haber seems to have a 'billy big baws' attitude when he's not actually that good and doesn't even apply himself.

The problem is that when he does apply himself he is comfortably the best centre forward we have at the club. He might not be prolific but he drags the team up the park and his hold up play and bringing players into the game is first class at times. 

Its just a shame that he hasn’t always applied himself properly and his relationship with McCann appears to have suffered as a result. 

2 hours ago, Hacienda Queue said:

2 hours ago, Hacienda Queue said:

It's a depressing list, not a lot of quality there.

This is where I think we stand with our first team squad.

Contracts expiring this month

Murray - returning to Hibs
AJ - returning to Shrewsbury
O'Hara - possibly staying
Holt - possibly staying
Curran - possibly staying
Aurtenetxe - probably going
Gadzhalov - leaving
Etxabeguren - leaving
Malherbe - leaving

Contracts expiring in 2019

Caulker
McGowan
O'Dea
Kerr
Moussa
El Bak
Haber
Wolters
Kamara
Vincent
Wighton
Waddell
Deacon
Kusunga
Parish

Contracts expiring in 2020

Meekings
Spence

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Cobra said:

This is where I think we stand with our first team squad.

Contracts expiring this month

Murray - returning to Hibs
AJ - returning to Shrewsbury
O'Hara - possibly staying
Holt - possibly staying
Curran - possibly staying
Aurtenetxe - probably going
Gadzhalov - leaving
Etxabeguren - leaving
Malherbe - leaving

Contracts expiring in 2019

Caulker
McGowan
O'Dea
Kerr
Moussa
El Bak
Haber
Wolters
Kamara
Vincent
Wighton
Waddell
Deacon
Kusunga
Parish

Contracts expiring in 2020

Meekings
Spence

Of the contracts expiring this month it would be good to keep Holt and Curran. It would be good to see Jon staying too. O'Hara just isn't up to scratch as a midfielder. Murray tries hard but isn't ultimately good enough either.

Of the 2019 lot, try and pay off/do a deal to get offload, Vincent, Moussa, El Bak, Wolters and Haber.

Bring in a new striker and imposing midfielder on the wages that lot will free up. And maybe one or two other positions for cover.

Edited by eyeothedug

Players leaving other clubs this summer...

I'd be quite keen on talking to Templeton, Miller and Osman.

Aberdeen

Nicky Maynard
Anthony O’Connor
Danny Rogers

Hamilton

Ali Crawford
Xavier Tomas
Georgios Sarris
David Templeton
Daniel Redmond
Rakish Bingham
Shaun Want
Alex Gogic
Darren Jamieson

Hearts

Prince Buaben
Aaron Hughes
Jon McLaughlin
Angus Beith
Nikolay Todorov 

Hibernian

Dylan McGeouch
Ryan Porteous
Fraser Murray
Lewis Allan
Scott Martin
Callum Crane
Cammy Bell

Kilmarnock

Youssouf Mulumbu
Chris Burke
Scott Boyd
Steven Smith
Gordon Greer
Brad Spencer
Leo Fasan
Dean Hawkshaw

Motherwell

Andy Rose
Liam Grimshaw
Ryan Bowman
Deimantas Petravicius
Charles Dunne
Russell Griffiths
Ellis Plummer
Shea Gordon
George Newell
Luke Watt

Partick Thistle

Stuart Bannigan
Abdul Osman
Callum Booth
Martin Woods
Steven Lawless
Paul McGinn
Mustapha Dumbuya
Gary Fraser
Danny Devine
Ryan Scully
Kevin Nisbet

Rangers

Kenny Miller
Ryan Hardie
Jordan Thompson
David Bates

Am I the only one who would let Curran go? 

He has been here a good few seasons now and has made very little impact. He’s not that young either and I feel is just not good enough.

1 minute ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Am I the only one who would let Curran go? 

He has been here a good few seasons now and has made very little impact. He’s not that young either and I feel is just not good enough.

No, he hasn't really come on the way we'd hoped. Fair enough, he's not had that much game time but from what I've seen I think we can do better. I'd be happy to be proved wrong if he stays and kicks on next season but as it stands I'd be cool with him moving on.

5 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

No, he hasn't really come on the way we'd hoped. Fair enough, he's not had that much game time but from what I've seen I think we can do better. I'd be happy to be proved wrong if he stays and kicks on next season but as it stands I'd be cool with him moving on.

Agree with this!

I don’t think it’s gonna work out for the lad. Could maybe keep him another year and put him out on loan to the championship but I don’t know if it will be worth it?

Might be best to pursue other career opportunities back home in Australia 

In the first game at Firhill there was a spell where Curran looked the best player on the park. I think there is talent there but we've not seen much of it.

5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

In the first game at Firhill there was a spell where Curran looked the best player on the park. I think there is talent there but we've not seen much of it.

He seemed better going forward than Cammy at the start of the season but poorer defensively and weren't really playing with proper wingers so he maybe didn't have a position to fill. At least that was my take on it. I don't think Deacon has been that successful in the RWB role either really, he's another one who's better further up the park.