Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2018-19

7 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

He single handedly wrecked the hotel?

He's big but seriously, come on.

He might see it as a challenge....

Anyway, if it wasn't in the Telly it didn't happen, they would be desperate to rain the pain down on DFC apparently. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
19 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Steven caulker is going nowhere. The guy still has problems and I'm sure getting 25k a week is probably the last thing the guy wants. I heard a rumour from an ex dundee player that thee squad had a golf outing for the end of the season and caulker got mad with it and wrecked the hotel where it was held. 

I suspect you are right in thinking he'll be a Dundee player next season. Assuming his recovery is still going well it's only 12-18 since he quit booze and gambling.

The pressure and expectation that come with a big wage and a big club probably wouldn't be good for him.

As for this supposed hotel incident maybe he lost his temper and threw a club but I think it would have hit the news if he'd totally lost it.

1 minute ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Didn't say it would stop him but more money more temptation. 

I guess that all depends on his attitude, willingness to move on and most importantly the people around him

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dblair said:

I guess that all depends on his attitude, willingness to move on and most importantly the people around him

Agreed. Whether you're earning £2000 or £20,000 it's pretty unimportant. If he wants to rehabilitate, he will. 

I don't really buy the 'big club' would cause the problem. Polar opposite is that he's the massive fish in a tiny pond here. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

That's what I was told, I didn't witness it

Told  it kicked off when he refused another drink Old Bill called and luckily an ex Dee player attended calmed the situation ,it happens to us all eh

Caulker won't get dropped at Dundee and he won't have his performances and mistakes scrutinised by the media. He can focus on getting himself sorted out in his own time while playing his football without any great pressure to win every week.

Had he agreed to join Celtic last year things would have been very different for him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Caulker won't get dropped at Dundee and he won't have his performances and mistakes scrutinised by the media. He can focus on getting himself sorted out in his own time while playing his football without any great pressure to win every week.

Had he agreed to join Celtic last year things would have been very different for him.

I think our relatively lowly status and NM's sales pitch was the draw. As you say, if he was at a 'bigger' club there would be more scrutiny. Hopefully the guy gets himself squared away and gets his career back on track and we can pochle away a hefty fee.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I think our relatively lowly status and NM's sales pitch was the draw. As you say, if he was at a 'bigger' club there would be more scrutiny. Hopefully the guy gets himself squared away and gets his career back on track and we can pochle away a hefty fee.

It's hard to what what's going to happen with him. If he's just happy to be alive and dealing with his demons then he might have no desire whatsoever to return to a high profile club and earn big money.

It should be a win-win for Dundee whatever happens though. We've either got a top class centre-back or we'll most likely bring in a sizeable fee.

28 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It's hard to what what's going to happen with him. If he's just happy to be alive and dealing with his demons then he might have no desire whatsoever to return to a high profile club and earn big money.

It should be a win-win for Dundee whatever happens though. We've either got a top class centre-back or we'll most likely bring in a sizeable fee.

It's not going to be win-win if he loses the plot and we've knocked back a 2M bid for him and end up with nothing. 

Hopefully he can continue his rehab and get/keep getting some happiness back in his life. If we can earn a few quid helping him along then even better. 

If his head is right then he will be sold for over 3M I reckon. I'm convinced he will be gone by the end of the transfer window. I still think Rangers will sign him. 

Adblock Detected