Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2018-19

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I've been told quite a well liked, first team player could be on his way out the door - it isn't Kamara nor Caulker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I've been told quite a well liked, first team player could be on his way out the door - it isn't Kamara nor Caulker. 

Kerr or macgowan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I've been told quite a well liked, first team player could be on his way out the door - it isn't Kamara nor Caulker. 

Image result for what a tease gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I've been told quite a well liked, first team player could be on his way out the door - it isn't Kamara nor Caulker. 

I don't know who you are hinting at but Cammy would make a lot of sense if McCann felt he could replace him. I'd be very sad about it but he just doesn't seem to be capable of playing in the style that McCann is wanting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CW's contract ends in 2019. It's strange he hasn't signed a new deal since June 2016. Maybe he's not interested in staying long-term. If so we'd be as well trying to get a decent fee for him now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

CW's contract ends in 2019. It's strange he hasn't signed a new deal since June 2016. Maybe he's not interested in staying long-term. If so we'd be as well trying to get a decent fee for him now.

The story goes somebody went through him in the changing rooms after the Dunfermline game (I wasn't told why) and he's started throwing the toys out the pram. McCann tried to calm it down and Wighton had a swipe (verbally) at him before storming off.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, blueboy said:

maybe he's going to Ayr.....

I actually can't think of a club where he would go. He's not going to be a starter for a club like Hearts or Hibs. The likes of Motherwell and Killie probably don't have the cash, and I don't see him wanting to play at a lower level.

If there is a conflict like WW suggests though then the club and player will maybe have to work something out to move him on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

The story goes somebody went through him in the changing rooms after the Dunfermline game (I wasn't told why) and he's started throwing the toys out the pram. McCann tried to calm it down and Wighton had a swipe (verbally) at him before storming off.

 

Would think with him coming on and playing since then that it isn't necessarily irrecoverable, even if it hasn't helped things. I think a lot goes on that we never hear about.

Just now, Cobra said:

I actually can't think of a club where he would go. He's not going to be a starter for a club like Hearts or Hibs. The likes of Motherwell and Killie probably don't have the cash, and I don't see him wanting to play at a lower level.

If there is a conflict like WW suggests though then the club and player will maybe have to work something out to move him on.

I think he could quite easily get himself sorted with a team up here or down south. He'd maybe flourish at Hibs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, an-dee said:

I think our squad as it stands is set up perfectly to play this way. Still get two up top, and should get enough width from the wing backs. Both wing-backs have a bit of insurance behind them since they're weaker defensively. Would mean dropping one of our midfielders though. Based on the weekend and the cup games I think Madianga has to be a certain starter, as will Kamara be when he comes back. Between McGowan and Elton for the third spot in the middle of the park. 

Elton all day long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Elton all day long

McGowan gives us a bit of bite and presence in the middle. I don't see him being sacrificed. For me, Gowser, Madianga, Elton and Kamara all have to start. Set up in a diamond formation that is a strong midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eyeothedug said:

Is Stewart really a possibility? It would be great but I'm not sure it will happen. If we got Shankland, a new left back and Stewart, with Caulker and Kamara still here, that would likely be a top 6 six side!

I’m sorry but you have been quite vocal on here about the team not being good enough etc etc. 

Yet you think signing Stewart who hasn’t played regularly for two years, Shankland who has never proved he can do it at this level and an unknown left back we are suddenly top six material.

Absolutely crazy how some fans think. Pessimists on acid sometimes. 

  • Funny 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I've been told quite a well liked, first team player could be on his way out the door - it isn't Kamara nor Caulker. 

Lots of falling outs at pur club in recent years. It its Wighton then no surprise given how he has never settled into a posiiton under any manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I think he could quite easily get himself sorted with a team up here or down south. He'd maybe flourish at Hibs.

I had this conversation in the pub the other week. I reckon he'd flourish abroad - much like Liam Henderson has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I had this conversation in the pub the other week. I reckon he'd flourish abroad - much like Liam Henderson has. 

Funnily enough had a similar chat at the game on Saturday around this. He has had quite a few managers at Dens now and none of them really seem to know what to do with him. Wonder if an overseas gig might help him kick on 

Edited by SouthsideDee
cant spell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eyeothedug said:

Is Stewart really a possibility? It would be great but I'm not sure it will happen. If we got Shankland, a new left back and Stewart, with Caulker and Kamara still here, that would likely be a top 6 six side!

Allowing myself to get over-excited wi' these last few "maybe happen" posts :excited:

Your own on above eye' certainly looks the business & couls well make. Top Six.

Wouldn't it be grand if Tim Keyes, John Nelms, Neil McCann said, Lets Do It :happyyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A move abroad might be good for Wighton but Ryan 'Mini Messi' Gauld hasn't really thrived in Portgual. Five starts on loan at Aves last season doesn't suggest he made the right decision for his career moving out there (even if he is enjoying the life).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange that he played in the following game with Brechin after this falling out. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

Maybe he's just no as good as some folk think he is.

Bingo!

I'm one of those who certainly think that's the case.

I wouldn't be too disappointed to see him leave tbh. Not because I don't like him but simply due to the fact that he has yet to have any positive impact on the team for a prolonged period.

After so many years at the club and managerial changes, he still doesn't really have a place in the team or position and that is a worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.