The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2018-19

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

His Tweet seems to suggest we cut the trial short and didn't even get to the stage of talking money. Like others have said, very short trial indeed, given Nabi has been here for weeks, allowed to go away and play for St Mirren then come back.

Maybe he refused to change his hairstyle.

6 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Surely if we were going for Nabi he would of signed by now. Must be some doubts McCann has with him if we are waiting this long to sign him or him to prove his fitness. 

I think it might work out to be one of these 6-month type contracts you see occasionally given out. From seeing him play, he really does look like he has something but this is completely at odds with his recent career history.

• Like 1

Glad to see we’re not just panicking and signing anyone. Obviously McCann has long term targets and possibly have progress on them. 

I think Nabi will be our next signing FWIW.

1 hour ago, Attilio said:

Don't make songs like that anymore bud. 😀

You’re bang on mate.

As much as i'm desperate for a signing I'd rather we took our time to get the right player instead of signing a player purely to get him in for the St Mirren game. Not ideal but it's potentially the most important signing we will make all season given the budget looks tight now

• Star Post 1

Maybe NM is noo raising his expectations. And setting the bar for future trialists & present players.

('m really just being a wee bit tongue in cheek there) Like above, my initial thought was....Big Signing.

Let's be fair here, anybody who's any good who scores 37 goals in 39 games won't struggle to find a club.

The boy Nabi has some fitness issues going by reports and it looks like he needs time to get up to speed. There's not much NM can do if Nabi recieves other offers or opportunities in the meantime, it's a trial he has here, we haven't taken him hostage.

11 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Let's be fair here, anybody who's any good who scores 37 goals in 39 games won't struggle to find a club.

The boy Nabi has some fitness issues going by reports and it looks like he needs time to get up to speed. There's not much NM can do if Nabi recieves other offers or opportunities in the meantime, it's a trial he has here, we haven't taken him hostage.

Don't think anyone's saying that, more that he's been given the best part of a month to get up to speed, gain sharpness and prove his worth, whereas the Croatian lad was given a trial match and one or two training sessions then cut loose.

Obviously it could be that NM sees something in Nabi, enough to persist with him and made a snap judgement on Plazibat. After all, NM did say he knew after 20mins he was going to sign Madianga, could be that he made a similar quick decision on seeing Plazibat play, just the opposite decision.

You'd still be disappointed to score one and assist the other then be told thanks but no thanks. I'd be wondering what else I need to do.

Edited by Ricky Spanish

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Don't think anyone's saying that, more that he's been given the best part of a month to get up to speed, gain sharpness and prove his worth, whereas the Croatian lad was given a trial match and one or two training sessions then cut loose.

Obviously it could be that NM sees something in Nabi, enough to persist with him and made a snap judgement on Plazibat. After all, NM did say he knew after 20mins he was going to sign Madianga, could be that he made a similar quick decision on seeing Plazibat play, just the opposite decision.

I'm happy to trust MCCann's judgement on this one. Plazibat has been playing in Singapore and trying to win a deal at a mid sized Scottish club for a reason. A goals vs a Falkirk reserve side in a closed door friendly won't convince me that McCann has made a mistake here.

7 minutes ago, thepole said:

Ouch 

FB_IMG_1533124697083.jpg

there's yir reason then why he got punted 😂

We supposedly now have ex Morton left back, Mark Russell on trial.

Any thoughts on him?

20 minutes ago, thepole said:

Ouch 

FB_IMG_1533124697083.jpg

I'm surprised that some folk on here think we should have given him more time just because he scored against Falkirk reserves in a bounce game. El Bak scores goals for fun against better teams and he's no use at this level.

It's pretty obvious that McCann doesn't think his all-round game is what we need, so we move on.

That said, no need to kick a guy when he's down. He's just flown across the world to be rejected.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

if i don't see 📝 today ill greet