The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2018-19

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I criticised Kerr's crossing and you criticised Curran's defending yet you picked up on my comment, which, if you read the whole thing, was actually defending Kerr.

Pot, kettle mate 

Sorry didn't  mean to offend, if I did. Think we both agree in a roundabout way.

54 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Everyone one can breath now.....

Why? because he is an ex DAB?

I know your comment is a bit tongue in cheek but he is a player who could potentially improve us if he were to sign.

On the flipside, Greg Stewart is available, so lets go for him instead.

42 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Are you suggesting that Kerr's deliveries must hit a certain spot in the box?. If so what happens if the intended target isn't in that spot or makes a run to the front or near post?. Would that make your theory irrelevant and leave a set of traffic cones redundant?.

That is where moves planned in training take over. It is up to the forwards to remember what they had practiced in training and do likewise in the pitch.

• Wowzer 1

2 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Why? because he is an ex DAB?

I know your comment is a bit tongue in cheek but he is a player who could potentially improve us if he were to sign.

On the flipside, Greg Stewart is available, so lets go for him instead.

You can bring in all the players you like from where ever you like, but if the foundation is weak it doesn't matter.

Plus, I don't think Swanson would sign for us anyway, and as for Greg, don't think he would either :)

3 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

You can bring in all the players you like from where ever you like, but if the foundation is weak it doesn't matter.

Plus, I don't think Swanson would sign for us anyway, and as for Greg, don't think he would either

Oh I agree with that!

McCann out!! 😂

The week leading up to the St J game, the thought of the possibility of New Signings, lead to just about all of us, getting excited ... Believing the right signings could/would, be the key to turn our close fought losing games into victories.

(The following is NOT a criticism of anyone)

But most of us now agree, the fault is much deepe,r & a new signing ot two, will make litte difference. Speaking personally, I do NOT want any new signings until (a) NM is no longer our manager. Or (b) he gives an absolute committment he will make an obvious change in his present tactical game plan

3 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Oh I agree with that!

McCann out!! 😂

I never said McCann out, but I do believe if your tactics and plans are not working:

1. You either have to stick with your own tactics and plans, and have belief that they will work: to the cost of losing your job,
  2. Seek advice from someone more seasoned than yourself, even if that advice is not what you want to hear,
  3. Change your tactics and game plans (from advice given), put your plans on hold until you are in a better position to apply them,
  4. If you start turning things around after your step 3, then there was something fundamentally wrong with your tactics in the first place and you should abandon them,
  5. If after everything else and nothing else is working, maybe a career change is on the cards in the near future.

That's all I have to say on the matter :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Calvin Miller to be announced tomorrow apparently.

I believe that he will sit on the bench for most games and the fact that he has only played 4 senior games.

If feel we need someone with a bit more experience to come into the squad.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I never said McCann out, but I do believe if your tactics and plans are not working:

1. You either have to stick with your own tactics and plans, and have belief that they will work: to the cost of losing your job,
  2. Seek advice from someone more seasoned than yourself, even if that advice is not what you want to hear,
  3. Change your tactics and game plans (from advice given), put your plans on hold until you are in a better position to apply them,
  4. If you start turning things around after your step 3, then there was something fundamentally wrong with your tactics in the first place and you should abandon them,
  5. If after everything else and nothing else is working, maybe a career change is on the cards in the near future.

That's all I have to say on the matter :)

I never said you did either!

Apologies, I was agreeing with you on the first part.

My mention of McCann was what I've been thinking in my head for the past few days now.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I never said you did either!

Apologies, I was agreeing with you on the first part.

My mention of McCann was what I've been thinking in my head for the past few days now.

Think NM will go back to basics, set up our team to make the most of our players' talents and get a positive reaction from our support and the players. Don't think he is likely to resign or agree to a mutual parting of the ways until at the very earliest the completion of the first round of games, and it will depend on what has been achieved. 

NM out, seems to me to be far too early a shout. TDB has outlined the process that I think NM will follow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It's possible that we're negotiating with a player but are a bit apart in what the player wants and what we're willing to pay. If the player sees us being linked with others he may think we're at it.

Just a thought.

Could be that since county are interested also that his agent has possibly used the fact that we are (quiet obviously) in the market for a player of his ilk and leaked it to the press to hopefully secure a better deal for Swanson. Would make the decision to call it bulls**t he more understandable if there was absolutely no substance whatsoever. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Greg Stewart to Kilmarnock. :lol: 

I saw that on Twitter.

I was under the impress he was told he could find another club and had been released. From what I read, it was a season long loan, not sure how that works if he had been freed? (Maybe I got this all wrong as usual lol)

Continued is this Topic. Reason explained why there as well.