Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2018-19

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Stevie May joined Aberdeen shortly after the Moose joined Dundee. May has 5 goals in Aberdeen colours while the Moose now has 14. You could maybe argue that Moussa has "proven" to be more of a goalscorer than May in the last 12 months! 😮

Amazingly May has only found the back of the net 10 times in the last 4 years. I'm not sure that 300 grand was money well spent.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Someone who scores more goals than Moussa or Parish?

Oh I agree with that!

I thought I'd mention it as others have previously asked the same question. What is a proven striker?

We all know fine well what posters mean when the whole "proven striker" comes up. You still get the smart arses asking that though.

14 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Stevie May joined Aberdeen shortly after the Moose joined Dundee. May has 5 goals in Aberdeen colours while the Moose now has 14. You could maybe argue that Moussa has "proven" to be more of a goalscorer than May in the last 12 months! 😮

Amazingly May has only found the back of the net 10 times in the last 4 years. I'm not sure that 300 grand was money well spent.

Local press (Evening Express) stated at the time it was nearer £400.000.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Living proof here, if it was ever needed, that signing strikers is a precarious business, proven or otherwise. I don’t know how much Greg Stewart and Stevie May cost Aberdeen last season, but surely the worst signings of the year in Scotland. We need to be careful what we wish for sometimes.

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

Player signs contract in the midst of interest elsewhere. Would I be totally mad to think that there's a release clause in there? He had Ayr by the baws!

Just makes me think back to our £2 million demands for Hemmings.

Just a follow up - St Mirren and Thistle are sniffing about according to their forums. That screams to me that an agent is putting his contract status out there.

22 minutes ago, Derekgow said:

Living proof here, if it was ever needed, that signing strikers is a precarious business, proven or otherwise. I don’t know how much Greg Stewart and Stevie May cost Aberdeen last season, but surely the worst signings of the year in Scotland. We need to be careful what we wish for sometimes.

Yeah if we spent £300k-£400k on a striker, it would be a crippling setback if he didn't score goals.

I think we spent £700k on Fab Cab and when he was assaulted in the derby it was a bit of a financial disaster for us.

23 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Yeah if we spent £300k-£400k on a striker, it would be a crippling setback if he didn't score goals.

I think we spent £700k on Fab Cab and when he was assaulted in the derby it was a bit of a financial disaster for us.

Inc. salary, I would guess the two of them must have cost Aberdeen around £700k, for very little return, can imagine the meltdown on here if we ever did that.:happyyes:

4 minutes ago, Derekgow said:

Inc. salary, I would guess the two of them must have cost Aberdeen around £700k, for very little return, can imagine the meltdown on here if we ever did that.:happyyes:

Tbh they still finished second in the league so I doubt they were too fussed.

22 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Tbh they still finished second in the league so I doubt they were too fussed.

They did, but with little help from these two, point is though, it highlights that when you sign a so called proven striker, as I imagine these two were described, nothing is guaranteed, whether you splash the cash or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Derekgow said:

They did, but with little help from these two, point is though, it highlights that when you sign a so called proven striker, as I imagine these two were described, nothing is guaranteed, whether you splash the cash or not.

If you look at our signing strategy since the Yanks took over, I would say that there is zero chance of us signing Shanks.

Adblock Detected