Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2018-19

7 hours ago, Cobra said:

He's only played four games this season and has scored two hat-tricks plus this wonder goal at Firhill to seal the win over Partick.

Shankland's on fire... and maybe he'll be a Dee in time for kick-off at Paisley. 

That's a goal you never tire of watching. To be fair to the laddie the goal is from the top drawer and is all about the talent and nothing much to do with the league he plays in. Hopefully he also does tap-in's.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
7 hours ago, Cobra said:

He's only played four games this season and has scored two hat-tricks plus this wonder goal at Firhill to seal the win over Partick.

Shankland's on fire... and maybe he'll be a Dee in time for kick-off at Paisley. 

SOME GOAL !! ... Watching that above (And I am being serious) that reminds me of myself when eh wi a young lad.

No aye on target. But that's way eh taught mysel' to hit a Baw !! Sixty yrs+ have noo passed, & nae body believes me.

But to put things in perspective ...The rest of my repertoire was Sh**e. But the noo, let's stay with th guid stuff first !!

I was fast (on or off the baw) & when it worked oot right (mind only occassionally) I could put real swerve on the ball.

I am talking school grade football here. How this skill came aboot, was because I saw someone else do it. And when

seeing it, being amazed with it & obsessed, I kept perservering wi' it, until it became the only way i could kick a baw.

As said freends, no really blawin' meh ain trumpet here. My ither stuff wis rank. Anyone else wi something to offer?:chaplin:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 19seventyone said:

I’d have Shankland in a heartbeat. He clearly knows how to finish and has pace with a bit of power. What’s not to like?

Why did he knock back Hearts? Maybe he wants to play every week? He’s far more likely do do that at Dens than Tynecastle.

I reckon we might get him. 🤞

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I'd imagine Lafferty would be 1st choice when Hearts are choosing strikers and Shankland would've found himself in the 4 or 5 competing for the 2nd place.

A successful Rangers bid for Lafferty could scupper our Shankland move though. If we don't do a quick deal and things rumble on into next week then I think this scenario is more likely to happen.

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I'd imagine Lafferty would be 1st choice when Hearts are choosing strikers and Shankland would've found himself in the 4 or 5 competing for the 2nd place.

A successful Rangers bid for Lafferty could scupper our Shankland move though. If we don't do a quick deal and things rumble on into next week then I think this scenario is more likely to happen.

Where is the source that he knocked back Hearts or that they even made a bid?

All I can see is reports they were interested ie they had a scout at a game

8 minutes ago, Gedee said:

SOME GOAL !! ... Watching that above (And I am being serious) that reminds me of myself when eh wi a young lad.

No aye on target. But that's way eh taught mysel' to hit a Baw !! Sixty yrs+ have noo passed, & nae body believes me.

But to put things in perspective ...The rest of my repertoire was Sh**e. But the noo, let's stay with th guid stuff first !!

I was fast (on or off the baw) & when it worked oot right (mind only occassionally) I could put real swerve on the ball.

I am talking school grade football here. How this skill came aboot, was because I saw someone else do it. And when

seeing it, being amazed with it & obsessed, I kept perservering wi' it, until it became the only way i could kick a baw.

As said freends, no really blawin' meh ain trumpet here. My ither stuff wis rank. Anyone else wi something to offer?:chaplin:

Were you facing the right goal though?.🤔

• Funny 1

3 minutes ago, Garageflower said:

Where is the source that he knocked back Hearts or that they even made a bid?

All I can see is reports they were interested ie they had a scout at a game

Just speculation Garage, I've only read of their apparent bid on here and some Ayr fans account of the summers transfer interest. They seem to believe it happened. I've nothing concrete to back it up though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eyeothedug said:

Yes football isn't rocket science but still football managers get it wrong. Simply amazing. IQ levels of a fish.

See I disagree with this entirely. While I feel that a lot of managers over complicate things with tactics and formations etc clearly football management is not as easy as you make out. 

If it was then so easy when why do so many managers fail? It can’t be explained by simply saying low IQ because many many people who probably forgotten more about football than most of us on here know has failed/had very difficult times in management. 

Until any of us have actually managed a football team at a professional level I think it’s impossible for us to say how easy it is. There are so many variables in the game these days and I think it’s pretty flipant to suggest that football management is easy.   

I honestly think Neil McCann was surprised last year about just how difficult management actually is and I he would probably be the first to admit that. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Reminds me of this goal that Wighton scored for the Development team when he was 17. Keeper kicked the ball out and it was headed on by Peaso and Clarkson and only touched the ground once. Wighton scored a hat-trick that day and also laid on goals for both  Peaso and Clarkson in a 5-1 win. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, eyeothedug said:

Yes football isn't rocket science but still football managers get it wrong. Simply amazing. IQ levels of a fish.

We've had 10 managers this century (Bonetti, Duffy, Kernaghan, Rae, Scott, Chisholm, Smith, Brown, Hartley and McCann). Which of the 10 got it right?

If all 10 got it wrong maybe being a football manager isn't as easy as it looks.

37 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Were you facing the right goal though?.🤔

Think you might have caught me oot there Rev ... And at the same time, pinpointed the reason why eh wis drapped !!:chaplin:

Getting my first pair o' specs made a big difference & totally changed the situation. But by that time I was a broken man :tears:

30 minutes ago, DeeSeven said:

Reminds me of this goal that Wighton scored for the Development team when he was 17. Keeper kicked the ball out and it was headed on by Peaso and Clarkson and only touched the ground once. Wighton scored a hat-trick that day and also laid on goals for both  Peaso and Clarkson in a 5-1 win. 

I've never met the lad, but I think any o' us could ever accuse him of arrogance. He slots it away, like it is an everyday thing.

A Development game with what seems nae real audience to play up to, but he cooly daunders away, no looking for adulation.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected