The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2018-19

Rate this topic

Somebody on Dundee Mad saying Abdul Osman back on the radar - hope not, couple of seasons back would've been a big yes but has he even played recently?

And anyway, he's not French.

1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

Somebody on Dundee Mad saying Abdul Osman back on the radar - hope not, couple of seasons back would've been a big yes but has he even played recently?

And anyway, he's not French.

He's the biggest reason for Thistle's decline IMO. They relied heavily on him and he's been struggling with injuries and been pretty brutal and off the pace this season. His attitude also being called into question. Good player if it was viable to fix him up and take him back to his prime but he's struggled with injuries his whole career before Thistle and it increasingly looks the case that time has caught up with him.

I don't think he will be up here though, I remember he was mentioned before but travelling was an issue and he was wanting to go back down south where his kids are living but was tempted by his status and being near the airport.

9 minutes ago, harry94 said:

He's the biggest reason for Thistle's decline IMO. They relied heavily on him and he's been struggling with injuries and been pretty brutal and off the pace this season. His attitude also being called into question. Good player if it was viable to fix him up and take him back to his prime but he's struggled with injuries his whole career before Thistle and it increasingly looks the case that time has caught up with him.

I don't think he will be up here though, I remember he was mentioned before but travelling was an issue and he was wanting to go back down south where his kids are living but was tempted by his status and being near the airport.

He was indeed some player for them and they have clearly struggled without him and have certainly never replaced him.

Edwards might be a possibility though.

3 hours ago, hillbankdee said:

We'd be better off trying to sign the boy McKinnon from Hamilton. Worth his weight in gold. 

Although his reputation is pretty much the hatchet-man in a fairly cynical Hamilton side, the way he played at Dens recently reminded me of Scott Brown's style....he held their midfield together for much of the game. He also gave Murray 5 yards of a start & beat him to a few through balls.

I appreciate he's considered a 'poor man's Scott Brown' (or worse), but.......we're poor, so if we want a tough-tackling guy to 'destroy' our opponents attacking moves, he'd do the job. :o

I suspect, though, that style of player isn't likely to be in NM's thoughts. I have a feeling he'd rather have an elegant Kamara-type with a tough-as-nails side to his game. :) A lot of other managers are looking for the same, though. 

I wonder if McKinnon got his French o-level? :chin:

Edited by WoodStein
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, cg73 said:

Not for me. Horrible style. Poor man's Scott Brown. Think Pittman from Livi worth a wee think. I think nm will keep surprising us though. I'm happy with the way Dees appear to do their business these days. So different from previous years. Got to be optimistic about next season as league is weaker. 

I agree with your whole post cg73 ...

Although I acept there are many on here, who, by regularly attending "live" games are much more updated & knowledgable than me. And I am feeling good that I am becoming more & more confident, about about NM',s general progress, but more specifically his judgement on spotting & working with newly signed players ... And if this is the case, I see this as another important syep to DFC establishing it'self as a Club worth singing on for (Widnae be happy to see DFC used totally, as a "stepping-stone" for players to progress) ...But on the other hand, it will ever do our reputation any harm, when as newish players "move-on" to better things ... They leave the message to other players, who are seeking a new Club Dundee FC & Neil McCann arethe one to contact in the first instance.

Next Season, I'm not looking for miracles (He's no quite yet reached the Messiah stage) ... But we'll do "Jist Fine" :wub:

"DFC, CITY PREMIERSHIP CLUB "... & Dundee Remains Dark Blue:chaplin:

It's Monday. Who are we signing today?. 

• Funny 1

I've updated the contract list on the first page if anyone is interested.

It's reported in the press today that Michael Gardyne has been offered new terms by Ross County and it's believed by their fans that he has agreed to stay on. @Rivers Cuomo may be safe!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It's reported in the press today that Michael Gardyne has been offered new terms by Ross County and it's believed by their fans that he has agreed to stay on. @Rivers Cuomo may be safe!

Thanks Harry!

32 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Safe but hungry

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

Bollocks to that....Rivers must have been :sweat:

Is there any truth in the reports we might be in for Callum Booth of Thartick Pistle?

I know it’s from the sun but

Dundee are lining up a move for Leyton Orientgoal machine Macauley Bonne. (Scottish Sun)

scored 22 goals in 44 appearances last season 😮

Edited by dblair

13 minutes ago, dblair said:

I know it’s from the sun but

Dundee are lining up a move for Leyton Orientgoal machine Macauley Bonne. (Scottish Sun)

scored 22 goals in 44 appearances last season 😮

His current  deal is to 2019 and Orient are actively  looking to extend that  now. 

Bonne scored 38% of Orient's goals last season. Pretty close to Hemmings, who got 39% of our goals in 2015/16. Potentially a great signing. Hopefully there's some truth in it.

Just now, Dondeh said:

His current  deal is to 2019 and Orient are actively  looking to extend that  now. 

It looks like it may take a couple of hundred grand if we were keen. It's certainly doable in theory with a bit of a clear out and additional transfer fees in from Kamara and Caulker but it's a lot to spend on one player. There would be a lot of pressure on the guy from the off.

He certainly does look like a player I'd be really happy for us to sign though just from going by what people are saying about him online and his goal videos.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It looks like it may take a couple of hundred grand if we were keen. It's certainly doable in theory with a bit of a clear out and additional transfer fees in from Kamara and Caulker but it's a lot to spend on one player. There would be a lot of pressure on the guy from the off.

He certainly does look like a player I'd be really happy for us to sign though just from going by what people are saying about him online and his goal videos.

The Sun also  report Shrewsbury, Portsmouth and Burton interested .

2 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

The Sun also  report Shrewsbury, Portsmouth and Burton interested .

You'd think an English club with more money than Dundee would take a chance on a guy scoring goals for fun in the fifth tier.

It’ll take £££ to get him...

6 minutes ago, Cobra said:

You'd think an English club with more money than Dundee would take a chance on a guy scoring goals for fun in the fifth tier.

I suppose that we're a different proposition. The pros of coming up here are that you are away from the crowd so to speak and a successful season is very visible in playing in the national league. Guys like Marvin Johnson and Lewis Moult rejected moves in League Two for Motherwell and both massively improved their rep.

I think that there will certainly be interest and curiosity for him higher up the Football League but it's always a bit different when teams come to actually make offers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

It’ll take £££ to get him...

That's a bargain I'll pay the 3 pounds myself 

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, Souppie1893 said:

That's a bargain I'll pay the 3 pounds myself 

We're minted. Let's sign him and give him to Falkirk for a laugh.

See scott fraser has left yinitd, would you take him at dens?

5 minutes ago, Cannigia said:

See scott fraser has left yinitd, would you take him at dens?

I would, decent player who is good a set-pieces and it would wind up the dabs haha

Re: Fraser - No idea if he’s any good or not.

Barely seen any of him and the little I have seen, he’s done nothing to stand out.

Not convinced McCann would be looking at him.