Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

M.O.M V Thistle 12/5/18

WoodStein

In the absence of a poll for yesterday, I thought I'd 'vote' for our young debutant keeper, Calum Ferrie.

One terrific save (the header towards his top left corner), a few very sound saves, confident with crosses, used the box well to take long balls, and good confident distribution (one mishit into touch). He didn't have much chance with Doolan's goal, following the calamity defending.

I know Cammy had another excellent game, and would probably have won our poll, as well as the sponsors award, but Ferrie did all he was asked to, soundly.  

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
6 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

In the absence of a poll for yesterday, I thought I'd 'vote' for our young debutant keeper, Calum Ferrie.

One terrific save (the header towards his top left corner), a few very sound saves, confident with crosses, used the box well to take long balls, and good confident distribution (one mishit into touch). He didn't have much chance with Doolan's goal, following the calamity defending.

I know Cammy had another excellent game, and would probably have won our poll, as well as the sponsors award, but Ferrie did all he was asked to, soundly.  

Can't argue with your logic and Ferrie was mentioned because he had a good debut but the post match brain trust generally went for Cammy. 

1 minute ago, Rosco said:

Agree with most being said. Either Cammy, Ferrie or Kasunga. 

For me Kasunga seems to be a fantastic player and could improve us heavily next season. Seems like a leader on the park as well from watching him. 

I actually thought Jefferies had quite a decent game, some of his passing out of defence was excellent, looked a decent footballer.

2 hours ago, WoodStein said:

I'd agree with that mate.

Agree with most of the above.

Ferrie had a decent game with some good saves and probably would shade it.

Cammy had another good game after his brilliant performance against Hamilton.

Kusunga was decent.

Generally speaking though, that was a very poor all round team performance, particularly second half when we were barely even in it.

I can almost excuse it because it was a seriously weakened 11 with a lot of young lads in it and we had already done the business the weekend before, but the 5800 Dees who turned up deserved better than that half hearted typical last game performance from us. Partick could have won by 3 or 4 if they had someone on the end of the chances they created.

In, the end, it means nothing other than a flat disappointing end to a not great season other than staying up, but we've seen far too many performances at Dens this season like that second half one on Saturday this season and it's not good enough of we want to have a season where we're not fighting relegation all season long.

59 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

Cammy was back to his best but considering it was his debut at Dens and he produced a few excellent saves i will nominate Ferrie.

Reading the 19 year old Ferrie's comments on the online local paper, he comes over as decent & honest

HE'S NO' YET HAD THE CHANCE TO LEARN THE "PLAYER TALK, COMMENTS & STANDARD RESPONSES"

I'd give it to Ferrie for a really solid debut. Not only was it a first appearance, besides the Rangers game, he hasn't even had a sniff of loan action anywhere so it was a really major step up in level for him.

Hopefully, that's a precursor to get him and Gourlay given decent loan spells next season.

Adblock Detected