Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Burnley. Goals for and Against

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

We should be able to. Aim to get a clean sheet first and foremost and score a goal or two to win the game. 

Although some would call this anti football but if the results are getting produced then surely nobody can moan. It’s if we lose a couple goals/games and we have no plan B that’s where the fans will start getting on the players’ backs. 

I remember seeing a league table from Italy in the 90's. Milan won the league with a goal per game average. St J finished 4th a few years ago doing the same. Being hard to beat is definitely something I'd like to see us improve on next season, so many sloppy goals conceded this season. 

10 hours ago, an-dee said:

I remember seeing a league table from Italy in the 90's. Milan won the league with a goal per game average. St J finished 4th a few years ago doing the same. Being hard to beat is definitely something I'd like to see us improve on next season, so many sloppy goals conceded this season.  

I agree with you we have given away some shockers. But I think most of them came in the transition period between Hendry and Cualker and other than that time our defence hasn't been as bad as lots would make out.

31 minutes ago, travellingdee said:

I agree with you we have given away some shockers. But I think most of them came in the transition period between Hendry and Cualker and other than that time our defence hasn't been as bad as lots would make out.

First 11 games or so was dreadful as well. We tightened up against Killie at home and from there on, the basics were quite good until the January changes.

Hopefully, we don't take so long to wake up this season.

Remember away back in "the days of yore"  it seemed, everyone shouted on, aboot the negative  football played by Italy, who at that time had less flare & creativity.  But had a defence like a brick wall, that was near impossible to break down !!

Those players & teams, who looked like they could break through, got scythed down (as I remember it) ... Brazil, Spain, Hungary, Portugal & others, where the emphasis was on attractive, inspiring (& even jaw-dropping stuff)

I am no' suggesting DFC play in any particular way ... "You pays your money & ye get whit ye pay " ... (usually)

But I gues there might be some truth in the argument, if results & points on the boards are to be the priority (& we can't afford the best out there) in the present league, as it stands ... every point is a prisoner !!

Maybe we do have to put the empasis on a brickwall, organised, tough defence, where we make it a priority NOT to let in "daft" goals. When I say "tough" I don't mean "dirty".

And, as has been said by some others, if we don't lose a goal in a game, we are guaranteed at least, ONE point. And if we can hold on to some of our more attacking, creative players (Maybe we dinnae hae that many ...  But Iam still excited efter watching the video o' awe DFC's GOALS o' last season)

Maybe (jist maybe) next season will be less tense on the auld heart & brian ... Especially as the season draws to a close.

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

Remember away back in "the days of yore"  it seemed, everyone shouted on, aboot the negative  football played by Italy, who at that time had less flare & creativity.  But had a defence like a brick wall, that was near impossible to break down !!

Those players & teams, who looked like they could break through, got scythed down (as I remember it) ... Brazil, Spain, Hungary, Portugal & others, where the emphasis was on attractive, inspiring (& even jaw-dropping stuff)

I am no' suggesting DFC play in any particular way ... "You pays your money & ye get whit ye pay " ... (usually)

But I gues there might be some truth in the argument, if results & points on the boards are to be the priority (& we can't afford the best out there) in the present league, as it stands ... every point is a prisoner !!

Maybe we do have to put the empasis on a brickwall, organised, tough defence, where we make it a priority NOT to let in "daft" goals. When I say "tough" I don't mean "dirty".

And, as has been said by some others, if we don't lose a goal in a game, we are guaranteed at least, ONE point. And if we can hold on to some of our more attacking, creative players (Maybe we dinnae hae that many ...  But Iam still excited efter watching the video o' awe DFC's GOALS o' last season)

Maybe (jist maybe) next season will be less tense on the auld heart & brian ... Especially as the season draws to a close.

Who,s brian??

10 minutes ago, Derekgow said:

Who,s brian??

Weel coincidentally, wid ye believe, eh've got a brither that's called Brian ... And my wife also has a brither called Brian.

But eh get yir point. Thank god, you didnae wish to pick up on my grammatical errors, general spelling, missed words:chaplin:

Never mind freend, nae herm done ;)

Adblock Detected