Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Gowser In Trouble?

Rocast

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
30 minutes ago, DFC123 said:

Hope we don't get rid of him for this. Good player and if he slapped about an Arab bouncer even better.

Not being funny or meaning to sound hostile but I think we all need to be really careful about potentially ripping the p**h out of someone who has been the victim of an assault. I'd err on the side of caution until we know what has happened.

I remember the club commending Declan Gallagher and lovely social media comments about how he was 'assisting the police' and helped with saving someone from a serious assault. He then went to jail for GBH.

Hopefully, this is all minor stuff and there's no one been hurt or a need for any prosecution but these stories always seem to change very quickly with so many contradictory rumours doing the rounds.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, cg73 said:

I really like McGowan and I hope we stick by him again. 

This for me too. Gowser's been my favourite player since he came in to the club, I love his passion, drive and the even the angry outbursts, which show he cares. He is a vital part of our team who splits opinion amongst fans, which I put down to him not being flashy or the headline-grabber, but the grafter who plugs away non-stop in the engine room of the side, work that often goes unnoticed. It's been shown on several occasions this season, when McCann's subbed him off, that we're a poorer side without him.

• Like 1

If he's charged and found guilty then I as it's his third offence I don't see the club being left with any option but to get rid of him. Let's face it, if this was a dab player who had done the same folk would be screening from the rooftops for him to be binned.

This does not sound good. The alleged victim is apparently a bouncer. In the eyes of a judge this will be McGowan once again losing control and drunkenly attacking someone just trying to do their job.

If it was a couple of guys pissed up and having a scrap you might expect charges to be dropped but I'm guessing a nightclub employee will always look to press charges when there is any kind of violence.

I doubt he could avoid jail with another conviction.

At least there are no reports of someone being hospitalised.

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

This does not sound good. The alleged victim is apparently a bouncer. In the eyes of a judge this will be McGowan once again losing control and drunkenly attacking someone just trying to do their job.

If it was a couple of guys pissed up and having a scrap you might expect charges to be dropped but I'm guessing a nightclub employee will always look to press charges when there is any kind of violence.

I doubt he could avoid jail with another conviction.

At least there are no reports of someone being hospitalised.

He hasn't actually laid a hand on anyone, but technically still classed as assault

4 minutes ago, jack12895 said:

He hasn't actually laid a hand on anyone, but technically still classed as assault

So he was verbally abusive but didn't punch or kick anyone? If so that's surely just a fine and won't need the club to act.

3 minutes ago, jack12895 said:

Think he went Jamie Carragher on the boy!

If true that's worse!! Can't abide spitting at someone and struggle to get my head round what possesses some folk to do it. Disgusting.

Sincerely hope this isn't true and it's verbal abuse or handbags.

Edited by Ricky Spanish

From what I've been told, the most he'll be done with is threatening and aggressive behaviour and disturbing the peace.

There were a few of the players doing the 'Derry Rhumba' with a load of fans in the Underground, Wighton got banjo'd for his part in it. 

Stupidity written all over it, from everybody. Draw a line in the sand and move on.

• Like 3

Adblock Detected