Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Championship Strength

With Plastic Whistle going down, got me thinking. 

The play off has made the leagues a lot more competitive and added excitement right to the end of the season which is good for viewers. Looking at the teams in Championship next year, I honestly think United are properly going to struggle for a long time to try get out that League. You need a prob strong run to get points on the board and the playoff means team in 6th 5th 4th and 3rd are still fighting were as before if you were out the running you kinda gave up.

Anyway, is the leagues getting harder, not better as quality is not great but competitiveness. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 hours ago, Derry Drummer said:

With Plastic Whistle going down, got me thinking. 

The play off has made the leagues a lot more competitive and added excitement right to the end of the season which is good for viewers. Looking at the teams in Championship next year, I honestly think United are properly going to struggle for a long time to try get out that League. You need a prob strong run to get points on the board and the playoff means team in 6th 5th 4th and 3rd are still fighting were as before if you were out the running you kinda gave up.

Anyway, is the leagues getting harder, not better as quality is not great but competitiveness. 

If the recent play off matches are anything to go by, definitely competitiveness, all the matches were completely devoid of quality.

Falkirk, Dunfermline, Partick, ICT, Ross County all could easily be stronger than United next season. This season Livi surprised everyone with their success and there is always a possibility that another team can do the same. Looks very difficult for all of them next season and there really isn't a single side that looks like it 'should' win it.

United, like any of them, could easily see themselves finish sixth or seventh - or worse.

Don't forget QOS qho ay not winn  a top 4 spot but could come close and will certainly damage anyone in that league.It all underlines how important it is for us to establish our Club as The Premier Club of the City.With the financial clout we now have we have to be looking to be in Top 6 every year

2 minutes ago, dfcman said:

Don't forget QOS qho ay not winn  a top 4 spot but could come close and will certainly damage anyone in that league.It all underlines how important it is for us to establish our Club as The Premier Club of the City.With the financial clout we now have we have to be looking to be in Top 6 every year

Goes along with what I read last week that both QOS and Morton intend making a big push next season. Spending a few extra bob for that extra bit of quality.

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

If Ayr and Alloa are competitive,  United could end up going down to the third tier.

I suspect they'll both emulate Brechin & finish 9th & 10th. Ayr & Alloa, I mean (.....but even better if the Arabs do it :spock: )

I think the part-time clubs coming up from Div1 are a bit out-of-their-depth in what's otherwise largely a full-time league.

Adblock Detected