Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Season Ticket Sales

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
14 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Would folk who haven’t already bought tickets really go and spend nearly £400 on one just because we sign a ‘known’ striker? 

Im really not seeing that tbh. 

Kinda what I was getting at. Even an extra 500 tickets sold on the back of a known striker signing would only amount to something like £20k. I'd imagine we'd struggle to get an unknown striker for that amount of dosh.

People aren't buying because they're too expensive and the product is borderline atrocious.

Until pricing is sorted this is where we'll be with season ticket sales, unfortunately we need to sell significantly more season tickets to improve the product and we can't sell the product we currently have at the price being asked. A vicious circle which has been in a downward spiral for the last few seasons.

2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

People aren't buying because they're too expensive and the product is borderline atrocious.

Until pricing is sorted this is where we'll be with season ticket sales, unfortunately we need to sell significantly more season tickets to improve the product and we can't sell the product we currently have at the price being asked. A vicious circle which has been in a downward spiral for the last few seasons.

Neil in the ticket office was saying to me yesterday that during the Bonneti/Cannigia era they only had 50 non season ticket seats in the Bobby Cox and had to open up extra sections of the main stand for season tickets. That was because the football tended to be entertaining, exciting and the players were "exotic". But we all know what that led to.

47 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

Neil in the ticket office was saying to me yesterday that during the Bonneti/Cannigia era they only had 50 non season ticket seats in the Bobby Cox and had to open up extra sections of the main stand for season tickets. That was because the football tended to be entertaining, exciting and the players were "exotic". But we all know what that led to.

We've got to make an attempt to break even, or get as close as. Vastly increasing the playing budget and playing free flowing football is great for the punters but almost like playing football suicide. Our BOD have set prices at a competitive rate whilst attempting to keep a tightish reign on finances and vying  to build a decent side capable of not only surviving in the SPFL but competing in the top half of the league and making a push for some cup success. We've not got near where the club's ambitions lie but you can definitely see the fruits of everyone's labour bearing a little fruit. Only a cynic would suggest otherwise. We all need to get on board and purchase a ticket if it's financially within budget and help the club reach the level we all want them to be at. People moaning and groaning about this, that and the other won't see us reduce prices or achieve our football or financial goals.

3 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Whilst an element of truth , not helping sell them on here.

11 percent up on last seasons sales poor sales so far so we're doing ok considering the last 2 seasons.

Not great, but about as good as can be expected. We were never going to have them flying off the shelves after the last 2 seasons despite any social media campaigns.

I see we've spent 100k (allegedly) on a goalkeeper and have had a 200k (allegedly) bid knocked back for a defender.

Still no sign of a proper striker at this level though 3 summers on.

Early days I guess.

5 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

I see we've spent 100k (allegedly) on a goalkeeper and have had a 200k (allegedly) bid knocked back for a defender.

If that's the case CW id imagine the club are going to be selling either Kamara or Caulker in summer.

Agree with you that a good striker is required and a player who will get the pulses racing , even if its a foreigner who has a good CV to get us excited about rather than a Yordi / Moussa esq

4 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Maybe I am alone but I didnt think that it was particularly expensive, I got myself and my two bairns season tickets for £351, which to me is alright. We are probably selling the number we can expect to sell, I am not sure that reducing the prices will have the impact that people seem to think it would have. When the Marrs reduced the prices to something like £100 n odd we never sold thousands more than we are selling now and that was when we had lots of excitement in the pre-season with the Bonettis coming in on the back of 2 decent seasons in the Premier league.

Its hard to get kids to come to Dens on their own back when they are watching the EPL on the telly which seems really exciting and then coming to Dens to watch Dundee play Livingstone for example and being absolutely freezing too. I am gonna force my bairns to go whether they like it or not!!

Adblock Detected