Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Season Ticket Sales

That 11% extra sold is probably as a result of the extra efforts the club have gone to this year on social media etc. to shift tickets. Off the park they've done all they can but it is on the park that really drives sales. The sales are about as good as can be expected based on last seasons performances.

We need a good cup run, challenging higher up the league or a good home record to entice back lapsed fans. At the very least there needs to be a belief amongst the fans that we will do one of those things.

The expectation that Kamara and Caulker will be sold and the level our new signings have come from, doesn't really give genuine optimism that we'll have a special team on the park. I think we need in a known quality striker and attacking player to change this. I'm not saying we should break the bank but what money is available should be used for that. Hopefully we've not chucked it all at a goalkeeper.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Season ticket sales are affected by loads of things other than cost.

A lot of Dees have moved for work and maybe struggle to make midweek games. 

Loads of folk have shift work and come when they can. 

The turgid football of late has put others off. 

If we can shift another 3-400 I think we’ll be doing well.

Just as important are the patg fans of which we have almost as many as season ticket holders at the games.

12 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Two more pay days?

Exactly and many folk leave it to the last minute for a number of reasons including putting together enough cash over a number of paydays to buy one. Every season there is an upsurge in the week before the first league game and a fair queue on the first game to buy that day. Personally I would have been in favour of including the sectional Betfred ties as part of the Season Ticket deal to make them more attractive and spread the late buying 'rush'. These games will hopefully (they'd better be) sensibly priced and not such a loss as including all cup games in the package which would not happen nowadays. 

I can't remember how long ago it was that all games were covered in the deal but if it was post old style League Cup sections (30 years ago I think?) then you could buy a season ticket with no idea as to how many games were included. It could have been 18 or 19 league games minimum or if home draws were involved an extra 5 or 6 cup ties!

59 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

That 11% extra sold is probably as a result of the extra efforts the club have gone to this year on social media etc. to shift tickets. Off the park they've done all they can but it is on the park that really drives sales. The sales are about as good as can be expected based on last seasons performances.

We need a good cup run, challenging higher up the league or a good home record to entice back lapsed fans. At the very least there needs to be a belief amongst the fans that we will do one of those things.

The expectation that Kamara and Caulker will be sold and the level our new signings have come from, doesn't really give genuine optimism that we'll have a special team on the park. I think we need in a known quality striker and attacking player to change this. I'm not saying we should break the bank but what money is available should be used for that. Hopefully we've not chucked it all at a goalkeeper.

I agree with you to a certain extent but I'm not convinced that signing a decent striker or good performance's on the park will significantly increase ST numbers. I personally think we just need to build the numbers up gradually through being the top team in the City and aggressive marketing at kids level. The £1 kids ticket is great but won't bear real fruit for 5/10yrs when the kids hopefully become full paying adults.

As far as signing a known striker goes the top strikers in my lifetime, pound for pound, have been unknowns who we've signed for little or no money. The signings of Caniggia etc were great for the back and even front page headlines but were a step too far for a club of our size and probably poor value for money when you think how close they took us to liquidation. I'd much rather we were modest in our transfer dealings and worked to uncover hidden gems like Wright, Coyne, Stewart & Hemmings than bidding hundreds of thousands of pounds on someone who's a known quantity. Going down the latter road hasn't worked out too great for us really.

1 hour ago, Inchture_Dee said:

Maybe I am alone but I didnt think that it was particularly expensive, I got myself and my two bairns season tickets for £351, which to me is alright. We are probably selling the number we can expect to sell, I am not sure that reducing the prices will have the impact that people seem to think it would have. When the Marrs reduced the prices to something like £100 n odd we never sold thousands more than we are selling now and that was when we had lots of excitement in the pre-season with the Bonettis coming in on the back of 2 decent seasons in the Premier league.

Its hard to get kids to come to Dens on their own back when they are watching the EPL on the telly which seems really exciting and then coming to Dens to watch Dundee play Livingstone for example and being absolutely freezing too. I am gonna force my bairns to go whether they like it or not!!

You have hit the nail on the head. You and your kids going to the game is what football should be about for part of the support. Think the value element is very high when you divide the cost by 3. £120 per head, 19 games, equals £6.30 each. Doing stuff with your kids is a terrific investment, well done! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Double Blue said:

Neil in the ticket office was saying to me yesterday that during the Bonneti/Cannigia era they only had 50 non season ticket seats in the Bobby Cox and had to open up extra sections of the main stand for season tickets. That was because the football tended to be entertaining, exciting and the players were "exotic". But we all know what that led to.

I mind having a ST in Section C of the main stand!

11% up from this time last year is decent progress, however compare it to the Stars who are at 60% increase on all of last season ST sales, it doesn't look near as good.

The stars success is largely driving by their communication strategy & fan engagement, an area where we have seen some success from DFC on this summer, but i think it can be improved further still. Obviously an exciting product is the main draw at the end of the day.... hoping we get it next year!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dayster said:

11% up from this time last year is decent progress, however compare it to the Stars who are at 60% increase on all of last season ST sales, it doesn't look near as good.

The stars success is largely driving by their communication strategy & fan engagement, an area where we have seen some success from DFC on this summer, but i think it can be improved further still. Obviously an exciting product is the main draw at the end of the day.... hoping we get it next year!

I've heard the young Dundee Stars commercial manager has also joined the club's Commercial dept ?

4 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

We've got to make an attempt to break even, or get as close as. Vastly increasing the playing budget and playing free flowing football is great for the punters but almost like playing football suicide. Our BOD have set prices at a competitive rate whilst attempting to keep a tightish reign on finances and vying  to build a decent side capable of not only surviving in the SPFL but competing in the top half of the league and making a push for some cup success. We've not got near where the club's ambitions lie but you can definitely see the fruits of everyone's labour bearing a little fruit. Only a cynic would suggest otherwise. We all need to get on board and purchase a ticket if it's financially within budget and help the club reach the level we all want them to be at. People moaning and groaning about this, that and the other won't see us reduce prices or achieve our football or financial goals.

Are we seeing everyone's labour bearing fruit though? 

Yes we are moving into a new stadium but it's not our stadium and all the money gathered from concerts etc won't benefit us. 

As for building a side capable of winning a cup, I hate to say it but we have no chance now. The chance to win a cup was when Rangers and Celtic were weakened over the last 5 or so years. Next season will be back to the old firm both finishing miles clear of 3rd place. 

I think people are cynical because of the crap we have put up with over the last 30 years or so. Board after board have fucked up and some dees are just worried that it could happen again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Season ticket sales are affected by loads of things other than cost.

A lot of Dees have moved for work and maybe struggle to make midweek games. 

Loads of folk have shift work and come when they can. 

The turgid football of late has put others off. 

If we can shift another 3-400 I think we’ll be doing well.

Just as important are the patg fans of which we have almost as many as season ticket holders at the games.

I agree and have been saying for ages the clubs need to think outside the box more when it comes to selling season tickets. A 10-15 game ticket might have  helped in getting those who can’t make every week to commit in advance. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, steven dee said:

As for building a side capable of winning a cup, I hate to say it but we have no chance now. The chance to win a cup was when Rangers and Celtic were weakened over the last 5 or so years. Next season will be back to the old firm both finishing miles clear of 3rd place. 

We have to maintain some hope of silverware.  Rangers are far from invincible and all it takes is Celtic to have an off-day (they have them) and they can go out.  Silverware is not beyond us.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

We have to maintain some hope of silverware.  Rangers are far from invincible and all it takes is Celtic to have an off-day (they have them) and they can go out.  Silverware is not beyond us.

I live in hope as well HK. I just feel that the old firm will both spend big in the summer and the gap between them and the rest will be huge next season. 

Adblock Detected