Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Best Young Prospects At Dens

JimM

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Full pre-season training as part of the big squad (I guess?) should give Henvey, Lambert, Jeffries & the 2 young keepers a good start to this season, and it'll be very interesting to see how they get on. Henvey & Lambert both had stand-out spells during last season for the Dev side, but I'd imagine NM will still only see them as bench option, initially.

Great opportunity for them, though, to demonstrate their capabilities & readiness for the step up.

I'm hoping they get a half tonight, or maybe half an hour....last year at Brechin, NM changed out 7 (I think) at the same time.

Jefferies responded really well to his error against Hamilton on Twitter. I don't think he let it get him down. Before that Henvey missed a great chance against Hibs and a few days later scored a massively important goal at New Douglas Park.

It's encouraging to see young lads deal well with setbacks. You've got to be mentally tough to make it as a footballer. Those painful moments are inevitable.

We were behind the goal and close to it. It still makes me shudder to think of it. An outright thug who put an almost straight leg into Henvey's knee. There was a big thing made that NM went to see MacKinnon after the game to make sure he was ok !!! He missed 2 or 3 weeks and Henvey was out for the season. 

• 3 months later...

Adblock Detected