Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Legend: Gillie

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Sad news, the man was a living legend to all of us who were fortunate to see him play for The Dee - I suspect I’ve yet to see any Dundee player score as many goals as I saw from Gillie (though Jocky would be close, maybe), but it wasn’t just his goals...he was invlolved from halfway line to goal-line in so many flowing moves. The away wins at Ibrox (5-1) & Anderlecht (4-1) are always worthy reminders of what we once had....glimpses of genius.

A very humble gentleman of the game, and I look forward to reading (esp from Paddy Barclay & Alan Patullo) some glowing & fitting obituaries....as well as our own DFC tributes from Kenny Ross & the rest of our media guys. 

Having also earned similar status with Spurs, I’d anticipate quite a bit of time being given to this sad occasion, even in the midst of WC fever.

• Like 6

A sad day indeed- A club LEGEND  and one of my late fathers favourite players!!! From the clips ive seen he looked lethal in the attack!!

I hope there will be some sort of permanent tribute as even though he played before my time I grew up knowing too well what contribution this man made to Dundee FC!

Condolences to all his family and friends.

• Like 3

Was lucky enough to see him play for Dundee although far too young to remember anything about it.  A fabulous player, for us , Spurs  (and others) and Scotland. Must be up there as one of, if not the, greatest footballer ever to play for either Dundee club. Would be interesting to know who the fantasists would claim to be up there with him. He  continued to be a fantastic ambassador for Dundee Football Club until his sad passing. A true legend.

• Like 3

A privilege to see him play for us. Also saw him score the only goal v England in a crowd of 133, 000 at Hampden. Hammy, Greig, McNeiil, Baxter, Law and the famous John White, who was killed by lightning aged 27. They had  Banks, Norman, Moore, B Charlton etc.

• Like 3

Adblock Detected