Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

1977. Ny Cosmos V Seattle Sounders. Jocky Hits the Bar!

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

US soccer is so different with the MLS now, there are some star names but the football is much more competitive, be interesting to see how Rooney does! The Sounders are my home team and this year they are struggling after reaching the playoffs every year since their inception. Still it’s no my home team, I think you can guess who that is!!

2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Pele must have been thrilled to be playing on the same pitch as Jocky.

There is actually a great pic of Jocky dribbling past Pele out there somewhere. I believe it was published in Jockys  testimonial programme. Here is one with Beckenbaur

https://goo.gl/images/cvcHoR

Edited by Billy Campbell's Ghost

On 16/07/2018 at 06:43, GordonDee said:

US soccer is so different with the MLS now, there are some star names but the football is much more competitive, be interesting to see how Rooney does! The Sounders are my home team and this year they are struggling after reaching the playoffs every year since their inception. Still it’s no my home team, I think you can guess who that is!!

Actually watched Rooney's debut on Saturday night and the football on show was at times  brilliant. Much better than what we get served up in Scotland. 

Did not not play a friendly at Dens against Seattle in the late 80's/early 90's? I'm sure I can remember watching it. 

Maybe once this DeeTV comes into full swing ...

If they are NOT successful in their quest to find someone local to do the commentary (The commentator issue was raised again quite recently) we can get one of these "All Dancing & All Singing Commentators" fae the US of A?

It could add a whole new dimension ... ONLY KIDDING ... PLEASE NO :sadno:

Adblock Detected