Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Best Dundee Performance

Cobra

What's the best you've seen the team play in your time as a Dee?

For me, the 5-0 win at Dens against St Mirren stands out. Caniggia and Gav Rae were outstanding that day.

We had some team back then. No consistency but we were great to watch at times.

Roccati, Smith, de Marchi, Tweed, Marrocco, Artero, Rae, Nemsadze, Bonetti, Caniggia, Falconer
Subs: Langfield, Wilkie, Milne, Sara, Romano.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Not many. Wasn't really old enough to appreciate how good they played at the 5-0 game so will exclude that and focus on late SPL/post relegation years.

From my limited selection, I'll go for the 6-1 with at Forthbank the year we finished runners up to Hamilton. All our goals were from open play (I think) and our new strikers. Although Stirling were awful that day, Curier was brilliant and it really did look like we were a good shout for the title after that day. McDonald and Robertson were brilliant at that level and in reality, they were above the division. Unlucky it was the same year as McCarthy and MacArthur

Team was:

Samson

Cowan MacKenzie Malone Dixon

Robertson McHale McDonald Swankie

Curier McMenamin

There will be others I can't remember.

Thought when we won 2-1 at Motherwell in the SC when we were in the 1st Division and they were 3rd in the SPL was a great performance. We had Curier and Mcmenamin cup-tied so had to go with Lyle and Davidson up top and then had Kevin Mcdonald and Gary Mckenzie sent off to end the game with 9 men. When we had 11 men we were fantastic and played them off the park, and then when we had the boys sent off we dug in brilliantly for a fantastic result.

I have watched some good Dee performances over the years, and also some shockingly bad ones,if you leave out Derby wins then i can pick out two games that stand out for me.

The first one was an away win at Douglas Park when Archie Xnox was our manager,it was a Wed night game and we won the game 3-0  with John Brown, Stuart Rafferty etc etc pulling the strings in an excellent all round performance.

I think it was around 1985 or 86 i would have to check to be  sure but the Dee were outstanding that night.

Second one was a 4-0 victory away from home at Easter Road , when the Dee ran riot in the first half , with a brilliant attacking performance scoring all the goals in a 30 minute spell if i recall, although i may be wrong , it was round about the same time as the Accies game between 85 and 87,i think that was the best performance i have ever watched from a Dundee team, i have watched other good performances and wins but those two stand out for me, as we totally dominated both games and outclassed our opponents all over the park.

Thought when we won 2-1 at Motherwell in the SC when we were in the 1st Division and they were 3rd in the SPL was a great performance. We had Curier and Mcmenamin cup-tied so had to go with Lyle and Davidson up top and then had Kevin Mcdonald and Gary Mckenzie sent off to end the game with 9 men. When we had 11 men we were fantastic and played them off the park, and then when we had the boys sent off we dug in brilliantly for a fantastic result.

Quality performance and support that night.

Pretty sure that was a Monday night game too?

Thought we were excellent v Hibs in the rearranged game after the sunday abandonment. Think we won 3-0

Winning 2-0 at Ibrox under Bonnetti when we totally bossed them was a great night too. Georgi was magnificent that night.

Motherwell cup game was a good performance too. Showed what that team was capable of. From memory we took a cracker of a support through on the monday.

Ludo Roy also had a child the night before and hadn't had any sleep to add to the drama. Was that not the game where Mark McGhee said his side would not even need a keeper?

Were we not 2-0 up in the abandoned game against Hibs? We went on to win 4-1 in the rearranged game if memory serves me right.

No Ludo just the one up through a Fab Cab goal, though i think we had one disallowed as well before the snow game down, as Ivan says we won the replayed game 3-0 in an excellent Dee performance.

Going back to the original game, i recall the snow went off very quickly and 15 mins after the snow storm there was bright sunshine,but to be fair the pitch was covered and i think it was right to abandon the game.

Also if i recall fans were let into the replayed game for i think £5 for adults and £1 for kids or something like that and there was a large crowd around 8-9000 for a midweek fixture.

Adblock Detected