Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Men Against Boys

deefly78

This game was like a training session for Celtic. Poor, no creativity.

Bain kept it from being an embarrassment. Although we didn't show up.

Hartley should not have played Wighton against a team like Celtic, he should be in against teams in the bottom half of table. He done ok though especially when Clarkson came on and done less

Lets concentrate on Partick Thistle game next week now. Mon the dees

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

From w neutral point of view The Dee's lacked shape which made it hard to clear the lines, they made most of the trouble themselves as the kept giving possession away really easily against a decent Celtic team. It is all good and well playing narrow and setting up to defend and frustrate Celtic but the options weren't there to catch them on the counter attack. Celtic are a big, physical team and won everything in the air, had the dee's played with a couple of wide outlets to give the ball to it would have made it a bit easier to get composed, get a bit of shape going forward and at the very least keep hold of possession a bit more. 

Wighton's not ready,that was obvious today.IMO we should have left him out on loan at Brechin & 3 months running the show,with a view to getting his confidence right up & starting him more regularly next season.

My opinion guys & I'm sticking to it.Laddie need to grow a bit in terms of physique & wiliness.Wee bit too early for him yet.

It's harsh to blame Wighton. He didn't get any service. Tankulic did much better today but never looks like scoring. Once Stewart went off we had no creativity in midfield...McGinn looked OK but we missed Harkins.

Can't understand why we looked so tired! It didn't look like a cup game to me... more like an end of season one.

I'm not sure McPake and Gadzhalov are good enough in central defence. Both goals were giveaways and the score might have been 6-0 if it hadn't been for Vain.

Our two pacy players are out on loan. Our only creative midfielder was injured. Our captain is nowhere to be seen. When Stewart went off our entire midfield and attack had three league goals between them all season. We were never going to cause them many problems so it was evident early on we just needed to keep the score done. Bain was magnificent but once again his defence let him down. Gadzhalov sleeping at a critical moment to let Johansen kill the tie was one of countless errors.

As for Wighton getting his first start since August against Celtic, it wasn't a great idea, but Hartley didn't have many options.

I suppose we should be grateful not to have been on the end of a hiding. Ach well, we bank some cash, and focus on the league.

We're a good side when everyone is fit. When we're down to bare bones, we can be woeful at the back and impotent going forward, as we saw today.

To be fair to Wighton today, that was the first time he's played against that sort of level of opposition. There were times where he headed a ball into space and was pretty easily out muscled while a similar move for Brechin would have put him through on goal in a dangerous position. He does have to learn how to play against a better type of opponent and games like today are probably necessary for him. We weren't really blessed with options today and the thought was obviously to give some sort of attacking threat to keep Celtic under pressure. 

Personally, today, I would have stuck in Konrad and played him at the back and pushed Gadzilla in front of the back two.

We are pretty f**ked when we have to play someone like Willie Dyer from the start tbh. That sounds harsh as he tries hard and that but he's just out of his depth.

Wighton isn't ready?  Maybe.

Irvine, Dyer, Mcginn(S), Mcallister, Clarkson et al are ready I suppose but are just not good enough.  Or to put it more bluntly - crap.

I actually thought that McGinn played OK today. Some nice bits of play and he did provide a bit of a threat. Match practice will massively improve him.

Adblock Detected