Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Captain

bjs

I see Meekings in the press saying he was honoured to get the captains armband...he does realise that everyone else has basically had a shot over the pre season and the only player apart from him who hadn't got it was Haber 😂....

But on a serious note, who is actually going to be our long term captain for the season or will NM continue to play bingo to select who's captain before each game?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
6 minutes ago, bjs said:

I see Meekings in the press saying he was honoured to get the captains armband...he does realise that everyone else has basically had a shot over the pre season and the only player apart from him who hadn't got it was Haber 😂....

But on a serious note, who is actually going to be our long term captain for the season or will NM continue to play bingo to select who's captain before each game?

I'm no' sure I like the idea of a different captain for each game...Think it kinda makes a mockery of the whole idea & meaning.

Thought  a Team Captian was chosen, for his specific outstanding qualities Skill, enthusiasm, energy, loyalty, dedication, etc.

And of course the respect of those players around him. ....Maybe it's tho, NM saying

"I'm sure you agree you are AWE sh*t, so wh'as no had the chance to be Captain yet?"

(Eh'm no being serious ...Or am I?)

1 hour ago, bjs said:

Yep, its my shot this afternoon. Tails never fails.😀😀

Caulker certainly looks captain material but I don't know what he's like off the park. If Gowser is most vocal in the dressing room maybe he should be considered.

I would keep O'Dea as captain myself assuming McCann still considers him an important player for us.

McCann,s already said the captaincy is,not really a big deal to him, it,s in the rules that a captain is required on the pitch, for communication with the officials. I have to say I agree with him, the captain didn’t really mean that much to me in my playing days.

33 minutes ago, Derekgow said:

McCann,s already said the captaincy is,not really a big deal to him, it,s in the rules that a captain is required on the pitch, for communication with the officials. I have to say I agree with him, the captain didn’t really mean that much to me in my playing days.

How I see it too. Professional players shouldn't need 'geeing up' and the manager is on the sideline anyway, the captain is there to deal with the officials really. Someone at times needs to take charge so an older head makes sense but it doesn't need to be a big deal.

On 28/07/2018 at 20:35, chomp my root said:

How I see it too. Professional players shouldn't need 'geeing up' and the manager is on the sideline anyway, the captain is there to deal with the officials really. Someone at times needs to take charge so an older head makes sense but it doesn't need to be a big deal.

I don't disagree, but I wonder if we feel like that because we haven't had/got a strong (good) captain?  I think it's a bonus if you have a good leader on the park and good leaders make good captains (I think!)

For me the captain means nothing nowadays. Is Messi, Ronaldo captain material?? yet they captained their countries. The players all know who the real leaders are and they don’t need a band on their arm to prove it. Training, the dressing room and on the park leadership qualities will shine through.  Gowser would be a crap captain. He just rants and raves and would get a bang in the pus if he played in some of the teams I played in 😀

Adblock Detected