Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

St Mirren V Dundee

Cobra

St Mirren v Dundee  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What are you expecting on the opening day of the season?

• A comfortable victory
    • A hard-fought win
    • A battling draw
    • A grim defeat

11 hours ago, HK Blues said:

It's an away game against a newly-promoted team who will have their tails up as all newly promoted teams do.  We hardly set the heather alight last season so I don't think the lack of confidence is either surprising or a reflection specifically of the current squad.

I will see this as a REFLECTION of the manager. IMHO it's the manager's primary job to get the team fired up enough to counteract any TAILS UP effect on the other team. Can't ee it happening though, hope he proves me wrong.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
8 minutes ago, travellingdee said:

I will see this as a REFLECTION of the manager. IMHO it's the manager's primary job to get the team fired up enough to counteract any TAILS UP effect on the other team. Can't ee it happening though, hope he proves me wrong.

Win lose or draw, a result will always be a reflection of the manager and or team, I don’t really see the relevance of the effect another team are having, you play what’s in front of you surely.

Unfortunately, with the signings we have made so far it doesn't feel like we've made much progress at all in terms of strengthening the team.

We have signed a few like for like replacements with questions marks on 1 or 2 of our new signings already (Ralph and Mendy) so I think many of us are expecting a similar poor season like we've done for the past 2 years now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us struggle for long periods of the season with many "must win" games and no doubt we will go on another 5-7 game losing streak!

You never know, this team might surprise us but I think if we're being realistic here, we're gonna struggle again.

35 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Unfortunately, with the signings we have made so far it doesn't feel like we've made much progress at all in terms of strengthening the team.

We have signed a few like for like replacements with questions marks on 1 or 2 of our new signings already (Ralph and Mendy) so I think many of us are expecting a similar poor season like we've done for the past 2 years now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us struggle for long periods of the season with many "must win" games and no doubt we will go on another 5-7 game losing streak!

You never know, this team might surprise us but I think if we're being realistic here, we're gonna struggle again.

NM has apparently  reiterated thijs week what he said post match on Saturday . That the squad/new playera not yet up to speed for the SPL. 

GULP. 

29 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Cmon J what happened to the positive outlay on the season. Apart from a poor performance vs a Dunfermline side who will be up there in the championship, we have beat what has been infront of us comfortably. 

We haven’t started the season properly yet and there are positive signs IMO. All while the transfer window is open until the end of this month so plenty time to see another couple of faces arrive. 

1 hour ago, J_Kitamirike said:

You never know, this team might surprise us, and if we’re being realistic here, we’re gonna do quite well this season. :happyyes:

4 hours ago, eyeothedug said:

McGowan and Kamara aren't brilliant at tackling. Their main skill is short passing and keeping possession. That's why we need a creative passer and also a goal threat in midfield (hopefully Madianga...who can also tackle)

I beg to differ re Kamara. I think he’s fantastic at breaking up play and more often than not times his tackles perfectly, which is why we rely on him so heavily and struggle without him.

Different level altogether, but he reminds me a lot of Ngolo Kante. He knows his role as a DM, executes it brilliantly and doesn’t try to do things above his remit. Never tries to grab the headlines with a wonder strike, just does his job efficiently and consistently. We’re lucky to have such a talented young player who has an old head on very young shoulders.

It seems to me, although we may never aye get early (first real game) predictions right, this season, it is gonna even be even more unpredictable.

Sometimes with a couple of real "stand-out" signings and the high expectations that go with that, in the first game we find ... It all goes to pieces.

Maybe (Jist maybe) "this bunch of players" (no offence meant) may gie us awe a big surprise by stepping up to the plate & doingthe business :excited:

(However it turns oot, let's remind oorselves, it's only the first game) DFC :wub:

2 hours ago, Dondeh said:

NM has apparently  reiterated thijs week what he said post match on Saturday . That the squad/new playera not yet up to speed for the SPL. 

GULP. 

What they didn't report was what he thought of the other 11 teams' readiness. Ignoring the top 4 playing in European games, and given LC results, 7 of them are perhaps no further on than we are?

5 hours ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I know mate, 5 years ago we were challenging Sellick for the title, how the mighty have fallen...

4 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I know mate, 5 years ago we were challenging Sellick for the title, how the mighty have fallen...

Jings chomp, that's anither ain eh must have missed ... This auld memory is starting tae fail me :tears:

Going to this! Never missed an opening game yet. Our main aim on Saturday should be, to keep a clean sheet. Then you know we are at least getting a point 😉 Plus it will be build up confidence for our defence and i’d rather not try to out score teams. 

Adblock Detected